e-Docs

puggrandma

Princess is one of the few cruise lines that does still mail a pre-cruise document package (except when booked too close in to sailing).

This package contains shore tour info AND preprinted luggage tags .

When a TA makes your booking with Princess , he/she has the option of mailing this package to the TA or the guest. Some TA's like to add some info or goodies to this package, then forward it to you.

Should you never receive this pre-cruise package , you can get tags at the pier and check out or book shore tours using your Personalizer.

I am sailing on the Coral Princess Sept. 14, 2009. I have taken several cruises before but never with Princess. Is everything done online as far as docs? I have completed everything made available to me online so far, but I have received nothing in the mail. Should I be calling someone for luggage tags and any other documents that are not online?

If you've completed your docs and printed your boarding pass, that's all you need except for the baggage tags. Call whomever you booked with and find out why you haven't received any. As previously stated, you can get them at the pier and fill them out before you had over your bags.

BTW, we are on the same cruise. Come over and say hello to your fellow passengers on Roll Call.

A TA told me her company requests the cruise line send final documents directly to them. When asked why, she told me they keep the docs on file until two weeks prior to departure to "protect" them from being lost or misplaced.

I replied that I'm all grown up now and can safeguard my own documents, thank you very much. She mailed them pronto.

I suspect some other TAs follow the same practice.

A TA told me her company requests the cruise line send final documents directly to them. When asked why, she told me they keep the docs on file until two weeks prior to departure to "protect" them from being lost or misplaced.

How nice of a TA to protect the passenger from seeing the shore excursion booklet until many of the excursions will be full.

How nice of a TA to protect the passenger from seeing the shore excursion booklet until many of the excursions will be full.

This is the old fashioned way. Come to my office and let me explain things to you. Some of these TA's think their customers have no brains and then again, some of them don't. The smart ones are on the internet making comparisons, which of course they don't want you to see. There are so many people still dealing with TA's in their neighborhoods who are charging cruise fares exactly the same as Princess prices or even more.

Yes I use and upclose and personal TA, she is great!!!!

good for you........a good TA is like having the golden egg. And if she says she hasn't

gotten your luggage tags, then she hasn't gotten them. It's not a major deal,but it's

nice to have them in advance. You'll probably get yours pretty quickly.

This is the old fashioned way. Come to my office and let me explain things to you. Some of these TA's think their customers have no brains and then again, some of them don't. The smart ones are on the internet making comparisons, which of course they don't want you to see. There are so many people still dealing with TA's in their neighborhoods who are charging cruise fares exactly the same as Princess prices or even more.

There are a lot of people who either don't research their cruises themselves, or who

feel better having the TA go over things with them. Same way I like having a

relationship with my doctor and pharmacist....someone I can trust to have my best

interests in mind. I've dealt with live TAs and with internet cruise agencies. Been happy

enough with both, but I can't say that the online guys considered me anything but

one more sale and move on.

As you mention the TA having the same rates as online or Princess, why wouldn't you

deal with the live person who can trouble shoot the way out of a problem?

I thought that you now get cruise docs by email or e-docs through Princess cruise personalizer? So, you print your own boarding pass, but Princess mails your luggage tags?? I'm not sure which cruise line I previously sailed but I remember just printing my luggage tags from their web site. What am I not understanding? Please clarify for me:confused:

I just talked to a friend yesterday who has been cruising with Carnival and she said they print everything out on line, including their luggage tags. She said they wrapped them with heavy duty clear tape so that they would stay on the luggage and wouldn't be ripped apart.

I just talked to a friend yesterday who has been cruising with Carnival and she said they print everything out on line, including their luggage tags. She said they wrapped them with heavy duty clear tape so that they would stay on the luggage and wouldn't be ripped apart.

Your friend is correct, it is Carnival. We printed our own luggage tags & all our documents. We also used the large clear tape to hold our tags secure & it did not tear off.

Received my tags yesterday from my TA, who incidently got us a substantial rate reduction from Princess rates. I use her as she has never failed to provide excellent service, it is wonderful to have a live person do the problem fixing. I'm just a nervous Nellie first time with e-docs its great :D

Again thank you all

Puggies Grandma

Archived