What's been your lowest category?

CorbinCatFan

My DD and I are trying a 4F on our December cruise. I don't know ?????? We've never done an interior before. We do like to be out and about the ship most of the time anyway. This is an experiment.

Also, we have never done a gty either. DH & I are trying that for the first time next July. We have always picked our room before.

I guess we feel comfortable enough cruising now that we want to try new things. :)

Perhaps it is a conflict with certain signatures... that only those people can see. Big Duck also indicated that he thought something was fishy... check out post #20 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20954904&highlight=#post20954904

I can see fine there too. But I know what you're talking about. I've had problems with certain peoples sigs where I could not scroll any further than their post, like a hard stop.

The only way around was to turn off siggies, or put that poster on ignore.

We have been on the Riveria Deck in an inside cabin many times as it is cheap and we can go on more cruises that way. It is one way to save money.

Me too. I have only had a window once, and decided that it wasn't worth the extra money. I find the inside cabins cozy.

The 8/25 thing is affecting everybody. I reported it the other day. The same should happen if you click yourself or me.

Right you are Pete! Have I missed a thread on the main board regarding this anomaly? Oddly enough - 8/25 is also when I first experienced that problem with my signature showing up elsewhere.

Tom

I have come to discover that my favorite cruises have far more to do with the company I am keeping than anything else. My first cruise was right after 9/11 with a balcony (it was cheap). I was hooked. Although after the travel economy turned around I did not always want to pay the price for a balcony. I teach and always travel at peak times. Since my first balcony I have been in OV's, insides, balconies and 1A's. I must admit I enjoyed the cruises in the 1A's every bit as much as I do the cruises in the balconies. No better, no worse, just different. I find without a balcony I do spend a lot more time on deck. Make up your mind that your cabin doesn't define your cruise and you will have a great time.

PS-My favorite cruise so far has been a cruise in a 1A on the Holiday with my daughter! Go figure. Great laid back, fun cruise.

I was going to keep it a secret BUT, I just did a 1A. Thought for sure I'd hate it. I was solo so the top bunk never came down and the room seemed huge! It was a short cruise so I didn't mind not having the balcony I usually book. I'm surprized I wasn't at the Purser's Desk demanding a bigger room but it was great, close to the Lido and the dining room. And I saved so much money! Thanks to everyone who's talked about these rooms!

I should have said it was terrible....I don't want them to be gone.

Our very first cruise was on the Carnival Celebration, taken with our two kids who at the time were about 10 and 12, but were the size of adults. All four of us were in an inside cabin, I don't remember the category, and we had two uppers with the two lowers. Somehow we all fit, but ...NEVER AGAIN!

If I cannot have a balcony, then I'll at least have an OV. No insides again. But the memories were great.

Shay

We did an interior for two adults and never again. It is really really cramped and stuffy. One day my partner/girlfriend did not feel well so I stayed in there with her for the better part of the afternoon and evening and I was truly suffering "cabin fever"!!! I know people say you are never in the room, but you are or may have to be and it is miserably small. On the other hand, we went once and put the boys in there, ages 5 and 8, and we were across the hall and it was perfect. We had the peace of a bigger room and they had plenty of room at that age. But, with all that said, I'd take an interior room just to go on a cruise if I had to. The fun of a cruise outweighs any cramped room. Luckily, knock on wood, we can afford an exterior room, for now!!!!

We typically get an inside...I have no idea what code it is. They all look alike, and all are comfortable for sleeping, which is what we use the cabin for.

Smart travelers bring earplugs, so I've never had problems with anchor noise.

We've stayed all over the ship...inside, balcony, upper decks, lower decks. It really doesn't matter. People get so frustrated trying to find the "perfect" room. To me, every room is great, because you're on a cruise ship.

I've had a 1A on Riviera several times when I cruised solo. It didn't bother me at all. I shared one once and slept in the top bunk. I don't think I would do that again.

One week from today I will have my FIRST balcony room!! I'm sure I will be spoiled for life.

Archived