adjusting tips

megann831

We sent in the paper work to adjust tips on our recent cruise. No big deal, we prefer to use cash and left some for the behind the scenes people. I'm not looking for a debate on tipping, however it's been 2 weeks and still no refund. I guess I'll adjust through the credit card. Anyone else have this happen?

We sent in the paper work to adjust tips on our recent cruise. No big deal, we prefer to use cash and left some for the behind the scenes people. I'm not looking for a debate on tipping, however it's been 2 weeks and still no refund. I guess I'll adjust through the credit card. Anyone else have this happen?

You have confused tips with the Service Charge and a lot of are hoping that it takes a long time for you get your 'refund'.

Just wondering how you left money for the behind the scenes people in case I want to do that in the future?

no, you're just trying to start drama, but I don't take off the whole amount from what I'm charged. I also don't believe my 3 year old needs to tip, or service charge, as much as my husband and I.

no, you're just trying to start drama, but I don't take off the whole amount from what I'm charged. I also don't believe my 3 year old needs to tip, or service charge, as much as my husband and I.

How is he starting drama, if you're the one that made a thread about a hot-button topic? And then thinking you going to get a geniune answer regarding it?

Call up / email NCL regarding the hold up or call up your credit card company - Either way, you knew the answer to resolving your own situation anyway....

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

You have confused tips with the Service Charge and a lot of are hoping that it takes a long time for you get your 'refund'.

Very true!!:cool:

How is he starting drama, if you're the one that made a thread about a hot-button topic? And then thinking you going to get a geniune answer regarding it?

Call up / email NCL regarding the hold up or call up your credit card company - Either way, you knew the answer to resolving your own situation anyway....

I agree, why not just wait a bit or do whatever it is you want, however, now we've seen your colors.... :rolleyes:

Curious if you had to provide a reason, and if you did, if this was the reason stated?

My personal opinion... and I'm certainly not trying to "start drama" - is that the service charge is simply a cost of doing business. If you're not interested in paying it, maybe this type of business isn't for you.

Edit - I didn't mean that to come across directly at you. I was just attempting to make a generalized statement and failed miserably. I hope your requested adjustment wasn't a reflection of your experience, and you had a great time!

Edited by TheDougOut

Merry Christmas:rolleyes:

Always nice when marketing decides to tweak an acronym.

1) From their events page: http://www.events.ncl.com/faq/

DSC = discretionary service charge.

2) From the passenger contract PDF, Section 3©:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Guest_Ticket_Contract_03_2014.pdf

"The charge ... subject to adjustment at your discretion"

Those who want to leave it as is, their choice. Those who want to adjust, so be it. End of story until such a charge is incorporated into the cruise fare.

Edited by MtreJ

Always nice when marketing decides to tweak an acronym.

1) From their events page: http://www.events.ncl.com/faq/

DSC = discretionary service charge.

The occurances of "daily" and "discretionary" as D in DSC are about 50/50 in all NCL marketing material so there is no point of taking one of them as an example.

You are kidding that a 3 year old should have less tips, 3 year olds should have double the tips lol

The only person who had posted on here about doing the paperwork got his refund in two weeks. But I'd suggest you wait at least two more weeks since refunds of any sort are often slow.

I doubt you'd be able to get an adjustment for it through your credit card for this type of refund.

If you are getting impatient, though I would wait a full 14 business days before doing so, reach out to Norwegian Guest Relations at 1-866-625-1164 and get them to look into your request using your reservation number.

We have to have one of these threads at least once a week to keep things interesting, although I don't know why they can't just all be combined.

Because some people go crazy rude ensuring their deletion.

To the OP, I agree that you should wait a full 14 days, check with credit card to ensure a refund isn't in process, then call NCL.

I am not going to ask you about why you choose to spend your money the way you do because it is your money.

I am curious though as to how this resolves and would like to know how long it takes to get your money back.

So a 3 year old should pay $27 a day in DSC according to a couple on here...:confused:

The DSC should be a flat rate per cabin and not per person....the larger the cabin the more the charge.

We have also found out that DSC means a couple of different things on NCL literature...NCL needs to change this.

Adjusting through the credit card is definitely not the way to go. You already submitted the paperwork to NCL and I'm sure they will hold up their end of the bargain. No need to contact credit card company. That would only be a last resort of NCL were to deny your request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a 3 year old should pay $27 a day in DSC according to a couple on here...:confused:

The DSC should be a flat rate per cabin and not per person....the larger the cabin the more the charge.

We have also found out that DSC means a couple of different things on NCL literature...NCL needs to change this.

If one can not afford $12-13.50 per day, for each person above the age of 3 years old - then one can't afford to cruise, period. Doesn't matter which cruise line it is - your kid / spouse or whomever going with you, is occupying public space on the ship, eating breakfast/lunch/brunch/snacks, using the lavatories and has to sleep somewhere.

Not liking that you have to pay for them? Then never pick a cruise line that has Service Charges and fare separate from each while expecting the customers to pay for both. Also, never pick one that doesn't state the who, how and when you're getting your DSC refund back in the contract either. *Shrug*