Cruises of of NYC

Dorene1

Is everything out for cruises out of NYC for 2016? it seems like there is nothing are we still waiting for cruise update or is this it?

I am very unhappy.

Dorene

The Splendor is going out of N.Y. in Sept. on a few dates. These are for Canada/New England, however. Maybe you are looking to go south.

If you're looking to cruise Carnival from New York, your options are extremely limited. Carnival has severely cut back their sailings from New York over the last five years to almost nothing.

Seems like you'll continue being very unhappy.

Is everything out for cruises out of NYC for 2016? it seems like there is nothing are we still waiting for cruise update or is this it?

I am very unhappy.

Dorene

The Carnival Sunshine is sailing from New York during that timeframe.

Everything out of N.Y. is on the Splendor. Aug. does show some going to Caribbean.

The Carnival Sunshine is sailing from New York during that timeframe.

The Splendor stops sailing from New York in 2015.

Only the Sunshine has sailings in 2016 for the timeframe the OP has indicated.

The Splendor stops sailing from New York in 2015.

Only the Sunshine has sailings in 2016 for the timeframe the OP has indicated.

Oops! Misread the date as 2015 rather than 2016....sorry.:o

We need more ships in NYC year round. Not just from Carnival.

The issue (not just Carnival) is that for a good chunk of "year round" you give up two days of sailing each way to get to what most want.....warm weather. Carnival tried it, and nobody came during the cold months. It just does not work.

The issue (not just Carnival) is that for a good chunk of "year round" you give up two days of sailing each way to get to what most want.....warm weather. Carnival tried it, and nobody came during the cold months. It just does not work.

Very true and that is why we travel to Florida for our winter cruises.

Very true and that is why we travel to Florida for our winter cruises.

To make matters worse (for Carnival), the year Carinval puts a ship in New York full time, the weather is near record bad and they had trouble getting to the pier from ice build up. I can safely say that Carnival won't be doing full time out of NYC anytime soon. Also echo your comments on sailing out of warmer climates for cold weather cruises.

Edited by jimbo5544

NCL has winter sailings from NY. It's true that you spend two days in cold weather and we've done it. I wish that Carnival could try it again even if it's a few times during those months.

NCL has winter sailings from NY. It's true that you spend two days in cold weather and we've done it. I wish that Carnival could try it again even if it's a few times during those months.

We take the Gem every Dec/Jan. and the weather is cold embarkation day but the next day its nice (maybe a light sweater) so I don't feel like I lost any nice days to weather. NCL also has Breakaway out of NY.

We take the Gem every Dec/Jan. and the weather is cold embarkation day but the next day its nice (maybe a light sweater) so I don't feel like I lost any nice days to weather. NCL also has Breakaway out of NY.

Strange that other cruise lines value NY more than Carnival and put some of their newer ships there.

I hear you but nicer to board ship in Feb wearing shorts and having the next 7-8 days in tropical weather.:):)

Also dont have to worry about a snowstorm screwing up getting to the port or getting home.

Have cruised out of NY many times in the winter and never minded spending lst and last day in the cold with the low rates that are offered plus the convenience of driving 20 minutes to the ship. I was very upset when CCL stopped the winter sailings. At LEAST they could start them again in March. And do away with that awful PC, Nassau and Freeport itinerary. I'm sure THAT is another reason they did not have many pax booking the winter cruises. If you want to escape the winter in the northeast, the last place you want to go to is Cocoa Beach or Nassau/Freeport. Put some good itineraries in there and they will have a full ship. Just MHO. ;)

I think Carnival is making a mistake underestimating the NY market. As stated the other lines have no problem filling their ships year round and Carnival has no problem filling their ship in Baltimore year round (my favorite port). We have boarded and disembarked in the snow, still sail in the winter - still enjoy getting away to the warm weather.

Not having to fly is a BIG deal for a lot of people, especially in the winter time when weather can mess up your flights. Worst thing weather can do when driving is cause you to leave earlier or even spend the night in a cheap motel, closer to port, much easier to find a way to the port in bad weather when a plane isn't required. Less stress...less money. I will take two days of cold weather.

What they need to do is offer longer sailings going further south! They are doing a 14 day out of Baltimore and it is selling like hot cakes at a high price. Missing an awesome opportunity. JMHO

I would disagree, and that is the point.

Have cruised out of NY many times in the winter and never minded spending lst and last day in the cold with the low rates that are offered plus the convenience of driving 20 minutes to the ship. I was very upset when CCL stopped the winter sailings. At LEAST they could start them again in March. And do away with that awful PC, Nassau and Freeport itinerary. I'm sure THAT is another reason they did not have many pax booking the winter cruises. If you want to escape the winter in the northeast, the last place you want to go to is Cocoa Beach or Nassau/Freeport. Put some good itineraries in there and they will have a full ship. Just MHO. ;)

Never understood offering a PC, Nassau and Freeport itinerary. We probably wouldnt get off the ship.

Would consider for one including Half Moon Cay but the other one yuck.:(

I think Carnival is making a mistake underestimating the NY market. As stated the other lines have no problem filling their ships year round and Carnival has no problem filling their ship in Baltimore year round (my favorite port). We have boarded and disembarked in the snow, still sail in the winter - still enjoy getting away to the warm weather.

Not having to fly is a BIG deal for a lot of people, especially in the winter time when weather can mess up your flights. Worst thing weather can do when driving is cause you to leave earlier or even spend the night in a cheap motel, closer to port, much easier to find a way to the port in bad weather when a plane isn't required. Less stress...less money. I will take two days of cold weather.

What they need to do is offer longer sailings going further south! They are doing a 14 day out of Baltimore and it is selling like hot cakes at a high price. Missing an awesome opportunity. JMHO

They tried it and it failed.....big time. How do you know what other lines do and their success in filling the ships? Check out NCL's rate for a February cruise (in January).

Try scanning back to bad weather threads for NYC and even Baltimore and the travel nightmares people had gone through. They are trying longer journey's we will see overall how well they do. There have been many here posting that the one ways and longer don't work for them, so it is a mix they have to roll togeher and see what works.

Edited by jimbo5544

I hear you but nicer to board ship in Feb wearing shorts and having the next 7-8 days in tropical weather.:):)

Also dont have to worry about a snowstorm screwing up getting to the port or getting home.

double agree;)