New Suite Benefits, Luminae & Michaels's Club on Infinity

Shirley C

We are currently on the Infinity & I am also posting on Live From Infinity thread, but thought I would start this thread specifically for questions on the new suite benefits, the new suite dining room & Michaels Club. If you have any questions, let me know & I will answer them, or find out for you. Let me start by saying we love the new suite restaurant, Luminae, and are enjoying lots of suite benefits. Michael's Club has become an unexpected fun place for us to hang out. We did not anticipate spending much time there as we have the premium drink package, but have found ourselves there every day so far at some point in the day. It is an intimate venue to get together with people for pre-dinner drinks, and meet new friends. Also nice to have a concierge available. Lenny, the concierge on the Infinity, is great is getting answers for us, and very friendly -- always a smile on his face.

Shirley

Thank you for offering to answer questions. Also, so glad to hear you are enjoying the new restaurant and Michaels. I'm curious if there are any sky suite guests in Michaels especially since this has been an active topic lately. Have a fabulous cruise!

Thank you for posting while on vacation. About the new restaurant... what items are available from the MDR at this location. I am not to thrilled with the menu that has been posted so far and I am afraid I may have to ask to be moved to the MDR for our meals.....

We have saved for 6 years to be able to go on a cruise again and managed to get a Sky suite for the first time...

Looking forward to your reply....

Thank you for offering to answer questions. Also, so glad to hear you are enjoying the new restaurant and Michaels. I'm curious if there are any sky suite guests in Michaels especially since this has been an active topic lately. Have a fabulous cruise!

Sky suite guests are not allowed in Michaels Club. Only Celebrity, Roysl, Penthouse & Zenith.

Shirley

Thank you for posting while on vacation. About the new restaurant... what items are available from the MDR at this location. I am not to thrilled with the menu that has been posted so far and I am afraid I may have to ask to be moved to the MDR for our meals.....

We have saved for 6 years to be able to go on a cruise again and managed to get a Sky suite for the first time...

Looking forward to your reply....

You are able to order from the left side of the MDR menu, such as shrimp cocktail, Cesaer salad, etc.

Shirley

Hi Shirley

Thanks for all your posts, so exciting I am hoping the next two weeks fly by! A few questions if I may, Lenny - a guy, yes?

Also do they have any daytime snacks in Michaels?

Thank

Thank you for offering to answer questions while in your vacation. Was lunch offered in Luminae on embankment day? Enjoy your cruise!

Surprisingly, it was not. We had heard that both Blu and Luminae would be open, but they weren't. They have been open for lunch only on sea days.

Shirley

Hi Shirley

Thanks for all your posts, so exciting I am hoping the next two weeks fly by! A few questions if I may, Lenny - a guy, yes?

Also do they have any daytime snacks in Michaels?

Thank

Yes, Lenny is a guy. They serve light snacks at breakfast, lunch & dinner, but as far as I know, nothing inbetween.

Yes, Lenny is a guy. They serve light snacks at breakfast, lunch & dinner, but as far as I know, nothing inbetween.

We came in one afternoon to book an overwater bungalow. This was when Bogdan was still the concierge, Lenny hadn't joined him yet. They did come up with a plate of goodies for us. Can't remember what time it was, but I think it was early afternoon.

Linda

Surprisingly, it was not. We had heard that both Blu and Luminae would be open, but they weren't. They have been open for lunch only on sea days.

Shirley

This is good to hear since it is reported on Solstice that no lunch is being served at all. Still disappointed about no embarkation lunch, it would be a nice start to the cruise!

Is Luminae on all the ships? We'll be on the Silhouette and I've looked on the deck plans and can't see it.

Yes, it is now on all ships. It is on the upper level of the dining room, not sure if the deck plans have been updated yet.

Yes, it is now on all ships. It is on the upper level of the dining room, not sure if the deck plans have been updated yet.

On the Solstice it was on deck three, the bottom level of the MDR. Don't know about the other ships.

Have received reports from relatives currently on Solstice transatlantic + european ports that food on Luminae was a big disappointment. According to Celebrity's published statement in a recent promotional flyer in the mail: "we have created a menu exclusive to this restaurant .. And you will see each dish only once...for two full weeks." They felt that the food was the same as the MDR and nothing special. Not sure if Celebrity has incurred problems getting Luninae off the ground or there is much misinformation. Also, Michaels Club is not open to Sky Suite passengers. Does anyone have any other related info.

Have received reports from relatives currently on Solstice transatlantic + european ports that food on Luminae was a big disappointment. According to Celebrity's published statement in a recent promotional flyer in the mail: "we have created a menu exclusive to this restaurant .. And you will see each dish only once...for two full weeks." They felt that the food was the same as the MDR and nothing special. Not sure if Celebrity has incurred problems getting Luninae off the ground or there is much misinformation. Also, Michaels Club is not open to Sky Suite passengers. Does anyone have any other related info.

This is hardly unique to Luminae....Blu and the MDR both have 14 days of menus, unique to their restaurants, that don't repeat dishes.

Food is subjective so it's hard to get a good picture of Luminae meals. Pictures I've seen show very nice plating of the items...but I think it's too soon to judge the cooking....the seasonings, the sauces. The menu appears to be more limited than either MDR or Blu and that may cause some concern. I haven't read of anyone requesting something special or finding a "local cuisine" entree on the menu. I also haven't seen any description of the "brunch" menu....brunch can be so many things.

I think we have to give them a little time to settle down....and hopefully we'll get more reports about the food itself rather than "luminae is wonderful" or "luminae is disappointing".

Edited by ghstudio

First, Solstice is nowhere near the atlantic, or Europe, so I really question this post. She just sailed from Hawaii to Vancouver. Second, I have sailed in Luminae and many days in the MDR and the menus are nothing even close to similar. In fact, if you click on the top line of my signature, you can see at least 7 of the dinner menues, the brunch menu and the lunch menu.

Remember, Luminae did open on a number of ships back in March still serving the MDR menu, so maybe there is additional confusion in this post besides what ship is where.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

First, Solstice is nowhere near the atlantic, or Europe, so I really question this post. She just sailed from Hawaii to Vancouver. Second, I have sailed in Luminae and many days in the MDR and the menus are nothing even close to similar. In fact, if you click on the top line of my signature, you can see at least 7 of the dinner menues, the brunch menu and the lunch menu.

Remember, Luminae did open on a number of ships back in March still serving the MDR menu, so maybe there is additional confusion in this post besides what ship is where.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I followed your posts on the Summit and was looking forward to a similar experience starting off with the embarkation lunch. But that did not happen. Same thing as the wine list you posted for Luminae. That is not what we were offered. We had a very limited choice of wine, the MDR menu I believe, despite having the premium package.

We did have the Luminae food menu, though, and had no issues with that. Food was generally very good.

My error --sorry--got my "S" mixed up. Should have been Silhouette.

We are currently on Infinity and were told today that beginning next cruise, lunch will be served every day in Luminae, including port days. Great news. We are loving the food and ambience of Luminae.

Shirley