Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

We finally got ours with 6 days to go ... Booked a N guarantee but was given a complimentary upgrade to an F guarantee ... Finally been assigned and we got a VH. Our first ever balcony as we always book whatever is cheapest so not bothered if the view is obstructed as I just like the idea of being able to get some fresh air when I wake up ...

Very happy :D

We finally got ours with 6 days to go ... Booked a N guarantee but was given a complimentary upgrade to an F guarantee ... Finally been assigned and we got a VH. Our first ever balcony as we always book whatever is cheapest so not bothered if the view is obstructed as I just like the idea of being able to get some fresh air when I wake up ...

Very happy :D

Yay, you!!

Thanks for coming back and telling us. And I expect this is not near the in-laws?

Have a great cruise!

Leaving Saturday on the Westerdam from Seattle. 4 days out. no cabin yet. Booked a VH guarantee.

Try printing your online luggage tags. Sometimes, that's where HAL first places your cabin assignment. I see that all verandahs, Signature suites, and Neptune suites are showing up as "sold out" on your cruise. That may not necessarily indicate that these cabins are actually sold out, but that HAL's mysterious department of revenue and inventory is busily assigning guarantee cabins. Good luck!

5days out. Sailing Sunday. On Noordam

Booked an N Guarantee. Nothing yet on the luggage tag.

Have had 2 upgrade offers for the same amount, which were for the same price as a new booking on the website.

Come on Seattle, stop playing games[emoji3]

My husband and I are sailing July 30th on the Westerdam. This is the first time we have ever booked a guarantee. We booked a SZ guarantee so I feel like wherever we end up with be wonderful. I will be excited though whenever we learn of our assignment!!!

Edited by gts101997

My husband and I are sailing July 30th on the Westerdam. This is the first time we have ever booked a guarantee. We booked a SZ guarantee so I feel like wherever we end up with be wonderful. I will be excited though whenever we learn of our assignment!!!

Fun, isn't it!? How often do you plan to look to see if you have been assigned?

Please come back and tell us how you fared.

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this thread. Waiting for my cabin. Less than two weeks to sailing. Anyway getting assignments more than 12 days out?

We're on the Zaandam this Sunday - no assignment yet, so checking 2 or 3 times a day!

Only 2 or 3 times a day!

Hope today is the day, late afternoon is often the time.

you called it - 3:30pm here on the west coast and just checked to find we have a cabin (and happy with it). All's well that ends well!!

We just received an upsell for our Westerdam July 30th sailing out of Seattle. We had a SZ guarantee at a wonderful rate and received an upsell offer to a SA Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam Deck which we accepted. I think the offer was fair and still significantly below what the price for the Neptune Suite was advertised for.

I am super excited! Our second time to Alaska. The first time was in a Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam.

you called it - 3:30pm here on the west coast and just checked to find we have a cabin (and happy with it). All's well that ends well!!

Super for you and thanks for telling us, too. (I love being right and it is nice to know that some things on HAL are working the way they used to).

Hope you have the BEST cruise!!!

We just received an upsell for our Westerdam July 30th sailing out of Seattle. We had a SZ guarantee at a wonderful rate and received an upsell offer to a SA Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam Deck which we accepted. I think the offer was fair and still significantly below what the price for the Neptune Suite was advertised for.

I am super excited! Our second time to Alaska. The first time was in a Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam.

Isn't that wonderful?!!

The Westerdam is such a lovely ship. Now you have a month to think about this!!

Enjoy!

That is wonderful! We would also love an upsell offer. ;) We too booked an SZ Guarantee. We have never sailed in one or in a Neptune for that matter so pretty excited either way to have that extra space on a 12 night cruise. I asked my TA to look out for an upsell though she said it's rare. But one can hope! :)

We book Cat. SB for upcoming cruise departing 7/17/16. For last 7 or 8 months maybe longer suites have all been sold out, so I had not been checking prices and availability but once a month or so. Then just a week or so back I checked and there were 2 SB's and 6 SA's available on the website. A couple days later and the SB's were gone and the 6 SA's remained. A day later and the SA's were all gone. We still do not have our GUAR cabin assigned. I'm checking luggage tags 3 - times per day. Starting Sunday which will be 14 day out will probably increase the number of times I check. I don't understand why they didn't assign us one of the SB's or SA's while there were some available.

We book Cat. SB for upcoming cruise departing 7/17/16. For last 7 or 8 months maybe longer suites have all been sold out, so I had not been checking prices and availability but once a month or so. Then just a week or so back I checked and there were 2 SB's and 6 SA's available on the website. A couple days later and the SB's were gone and the 6 SA's remained. A day later and the SA's were all gone. We still do not have our GUAR cabin assigned. I'm checking luggage tags 3 - times per day. Starting Sunday which will be 14 day out will probably increase the number of times I check. I don't understand why they didn't assign us one of the SB's or SA's while there were some available.

Who really knows what is left? HAL changes the "availability" on a daily basis sometimes.

Generally the idea is that the longer you wait the better assignment you receive.

Hope you do well and come back and let us know when and what happens!!