Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

And, meant to say when I checked, all of the places on the HAL website had been updated (Luggage Tag, "My Reservations", Checkin Page, and Express Docs).

I'm sure I didn't check at the exact instant it was posted, but had definitely checked today before it was assigned. So, at least for my reservations, it didn't take days to percolate through the website.

Booked an M class Inside last month for a Noordam Alaska Land & Sea tour leaving on Saturday and yesterday was assigned an outside mid-ship C on Main deck. I'm not sure if it's in a great location or not as there is a night club above but I'm more than happy to have a window and over the moon we didn't end up in one of the super tiny inside rooms.

We got our stateroom assignment last night for our Westerdam cruise on 8/22. We booked an SY guarantee and got an SS. It's nice to have a room!

Oh thanks for sharing this! We booked an SZ guarantee on the Westerdam for 8/29... I was wondering when we might hear something. Curious to know if you received an offer to upgrade?

Hi, bjarrett7! We did not receive any offers to upgrade, but I didn't expect any for two reasons - we use a big box online travel agency (who seem to be good for nothing other than generous on board credit) and the suites have been sold out for over a month.

Good luck on your room assignment!

Booked an HH on the Statendam (Lower Promenade Fully Obstructed) and got a C (Lower Promenade - Full Ocean View).

Very happy with the assignment.:D

Sail in 11 and a wake up.:eek:

Okie1946

Edited by Okie1946

Hi, bjarrett7! We did not receive any offers to upgrade, but I didn't expect any for two reasons - we use a big box online travel agency (who seem to be good for nothing other than generous on board credit) and the suites have been sold out for over a month.

Good luck on your room assignment!

Thanks!!

Hi all!

Just a quick question, and I hope it doesn't come across like a whiny spoiled brat. I booked a "VE or better gty" cabin. When the cabins were assigned, we were given a VA cabin. Looking at the VA cabins versus the VE cabins on the deck plans, I don't consider this an upgrade. We are on the upper promenade deck (4) tucked behind the lifeboats above mechanical equipment. If you were walking to the back of the ship on this deck, you would walk just past the cabins with lifeboats outside the windows to get to our cabin.

Any input appreciated -- Take it and not say anything because I booked gty? Or speak up and say "hey, wait, I booked a VE or better gty" BTW, I do know I could have gotten worse (under Lido pool, solid verandah wall, etc.) Does anybody have any experience with this room location?

Thanks in advance.

Mocha

Hi all!

Just a quick question, and I hope it doesn't come across like a whiny spoiled brat. I booked a "VE or better gty" cabin. When the cabins were assigned, we were given a VA cabin. Looking at the VA cabins versus the VE cabins on the deck plans, I don't consider this an upgrade. We are on the upper promenade deck (4) tucked behind the lifeboats above mechanical equipment. If you were walking to the back of the ship on this deck, you would walk just past the cabins with lifeboats outside the windows to get to our cabin.

Any input appreciated -- Take it and not say anything because I booked gty? Or speak up and say "hey, wait, I booked a VE or better gty" BTW, I do know I could have gotten worse (under Lido pool, solid verandah wall, etc.) Does anybody have any experience with this room location?

Thanks in advance.

Mocha

I haven't stayed in that cabin but it does have a huge balcony. I believe the lifeboats are right next to the cabin but do not obstruct the view when looking straight ahead. someone from CC recently had that cabin and liked it. Try searching the cabin number and see if you can find the thread.

Sail tomorrow and finally got our stateroom assignment last night. Booked an MM (i know the worst, but got a good rate) and was assigned an E. Not bad....inside to oceanview.

Carol

Not bad?? That is an excellent assignment, especially since you say you got a good rate!!!!

Have a great cruise and enjoy the view!

Hi all!

Thanks in advance.

Mocha

Guarantees are based on HAL's view of what is "better". This does not necessarily translate well to the pax sometimes, as has happened with you unfortunately.

A VA is certainly a "higher" category than a VE (not vertically but "better").

A lot has to do with how mid-ship the cabin is and what is above and below.

I hope you won't let this assignment impact your cruise. Next time, could you consider booking a specific cabin?

Personally, I find this cabin in a great location. For me, close to the things I want. No long hallway to negotiate, close to the stairs, close to the MDR (important!), close to the Explorer's Lounge, close to the walk-around deck and more aft which I like a lot better than forward.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Couldn't figure out why HAL kept emailing me cruise confirmations. We started with an H obstructed outside view on the Ryndam. Got assigned a DA, but today realized they had upgraded us to a B! Vista Suite/Balcony! Yay!!

Couldn't figure out why HAL kept emailing me cruise confirmations. We started with an H obstructed outside view on the Ryndam. Got assigned a DA, but today realized they had upgraded us to a B! Vista Suite/Balcony! Yay!!

Wow, that's awesome! Enjoy your cruise.

Guarantees are based on HAL's view of what is "better". This does not necessarily translate well to the pax sometimes, as has happened with you unfortunately.

A VA is certainly a "higher" category than a VE (not vertically but "better").

A lot has to do with how mid-ship the cabin is and what is above and below.

I hope you won't let this assignment impact your cruise. Next time, could you consider booking a specific cabin?

Personally, I find this cabin in a great location. For me, close to the things I want. No long hallway to negotiate, close to the stairs, close to the MDR (important!), close to the Explorer's Lounge, close to the walk-around deck and more aft which I like a lot better than forward.

Update to my "Cabin Assignment" question --

Thank you for your input. I have spoken with a PCC at HAL and was told that the cabin assigned was considered an upgrade (I am assuming from what was left of the VE cabins) because of midship location and "full ocean view", and it was slightly larger. Found some pictures posted from that cabin and not that impressed with the view - limited fore and aft and mechanical lifeboat lifting equipment blocking waterline view. Our other choice at this point was a verandah on deck 5 above the lifeboats. We opted for that if we can be moved. It will give us full panoramic view.

I guess it is all a matter of personal preference. I don't mind having to walk quite a way to the different areas - good way to burn off all that wonderful and plentiful food! I will give up locale for view any day. And we have never had problems with motion of the ocean.

Good thing we all have our differences!

Again thanks for your input and insight. Greatly appreciated. And yes, next time I will at least ask about limiting the choice to a deck (love the Rotterdam deck) with request for no upgrades. And no, I won't let it spoil my cruise.

Mocha