Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

Guarantee ocean view on May 24th Zaandam came through last week. Was obstructed ocean view HH. From what I am reading above it doesn't look like we will be moved even within the ocean views. Spoiled a couple of years ago was upgraded 3 categories within the ocean view, but was our first HAL trip. Did contact TA and she called, but I seriously doubt from what I have read here we will be moved to a full ocean view of some sort. I did look up the cabin review for the one we were assigned and it was well reviewed. Would be very much surprised if we are moved. We paid for what we got so I am not complaining. The cabin is in a decent location and from what I read should be fairly quiet and it does get the light in the window which is what I wanted. Didn't want an inside as my body clock gets all messed up.

Since we are fairly new to HAL we have never been contacted in regards to an upsell.

We were offered an upsell today from ocean view HH to a C which I took. Hopefully it was a good price $99 a person. Originally the HH was $999 and I was able to get it for $899 as I caught a good sale now we are the top at a C for the same price I would have paid for the HH.

We were offered an upsell today from ocean view HH to a C which I took. Hopefully it was a good price $99 a person. Originally the HH was $999 and I was able to get it for $899 as I caught a good sale now we are the top at a C for the same price I would have paid for the HH.

Forgot to mention this is a price for a land and sea tour and not just the cruise.

Booked on April 16th

Embark on May 16th.

Still waiting for a Cat DF guarantee.

Not worried, just interested if we have to wait until we reach the pier to find out.

Two days to go and just received a cabin assignment.

Got a category CA lanai after booking an obstructed view.

Must be a mistake.

Pinch me.

Received cabin assignment today for May 18 Statendam, Seattle to Alaska.

HH obstructed view gaur, received 'upgrade' to class G porthole, two decks lower. I would have prefered the HH in this case. Maybe they are punishning me for their previous upsell attempt I turned down last week - a ridiculous amount of money for a modest upgrade.

We leave Sunday, May 17th on Zaandam. Paid for an "H" guar and got a "C" on the Main deck. Wish we were closer to the ice cream machine. Booked first part of January. Less than 3 days until we sail. Now to finish packing & print new baggage tags.

For our Maasdam cruise leaving tomorrow - May 16, we did not receive an assignment until a couple of days ago - May 13. We had booked a BC guarantee and expressed some interest to our agent in upsell opportunities to an S cabin. HAL offered an upsell 3 days out which we took and we were assigned an SA cabin immediately. It was the last available as far as I know....

It was a relief to finally get an allocation after checking daily for the last few weeks....

:):):)

I'm sailing on Saturday Veendam to Bermuda - that's in less than 72 hours. Still no cabin assignment. I was hoping for an attractive upsell offer but it's been radio silence. The cruise is showing as sold out on the HAL site ...,

Now that's getting too close for comfort....at least for me, but maybe it will result in a great upgrade for you. We have a guarantee on the Veendam for July....hope to find out in time to let our CC tour organizers know our room number in case they need to contact us onboard.

Sailing on Eurodam, June 1. received cabin assignment on May 18, booked VF (balcony) guarantee and received VQ balcony cabin.

I sailed on the Eurodam two years ago and the cabin we had on that sailing is right next door. We liked the location and know exactly what to expect!! Two rounds of upsells have been offered, but we are hanging onto our extra money for excursions and incidentals as Northern Europe is expensive!

We are sailing on the Eurodam on June 1st - Northern Europe

On Tuesday we were upgraded to 10028 - a Spa veranda

Today I grabbed an upsell and will be in 6175 - But keep it quiet - a surprise for my wife for our 25th. Thankfully she doesn't participate online! I can't wait to see her faice

Edited by ksmaxey

We are sailing on the Eurodam on June 1st - Northern Europe

On Tuesday we were upgraded to 10028 - a Spa veranda

Today I grabbed an upsell and will be in 6175 - But keep it quiet - a surprise for my wife for our 25th. Thankfully she doesn't participate online! I can't wait to see her faice

What a wonderful and special surprise!! Congrats on the anniversary!

Congrats to all those getting an upgrade!

So glad this thread is still going strong. I thinks it helps others get an idea of what can happen when booking a gty and to see where HAL is at on assignments. Keep posting!

How are you notified of your cabin assignment? An email? Or by logging in to your account? I booked my first-ever GTY cabin yesterday for a cruise that sails in 9 days and I'm not sure how the notification process works.

Just got my assignment, Westerdam, May 30th, initially booked vh balcony guarantee, and got va. This is my first try at both HAL and booking a guarantee, so pretty happy!

We are on the same sailing, one week from tomorrow. Still no cabin assignment!:(. We have a SY GTY. Looks to be at least 10 SS's, 3 SY's and at least 10 Neptune suites still available for booking.

How are you notified of your cabin assignment? An email? Or by logging in to your account? I booked my first-ever GTY cabin yesterday for a cruise that sails in 9 days and I'm not sure how the notification process works.

Just log into your account, "my reservations". Good luck!:)

We are on the same sailing, one week from tomorrow. Still no cabin assignment!:(. We have a SY GTY. Looks to be at least 10 SS's, 3 SY's and at least 10 Neptune suites still available for booking.

I saw that too, reference all the suites still available, guessing HAL is looking to get whatever last minute upsells they can, betting you get an assignment by the end of the weekend. Good luck, still some nice locations left.

I saw that too, reference all the suites still available, guessing HAL is looking to get whatever last minute upsells they can, betting you get an assignment by the end of the weekend. Good luck, still some nice locations left.

Ok here is my theory and my opinion only but here is what happened on our recent cruise. We booked an SY about 2 months out and I watched inventory like a hawk. We then got an Upsell which we took to an aft wrap Neptune suite. As soon as we switched a previous unavailable Signature suite appeared available. I feel that was the one they had already assigned to us. So my theory is as soon as you book they pencil you in with an assignment which can still change if they need to.

As far as seeing your assignment when it is released, go into your booking and click print luggage tags. It seems to show up there faster than elsewhere. You will get an email but it will be at least a day or two later.

Ok here is my theory and my opinion only but here is what happened on our recent cruise. We booked an SY about 2 months out and I watched inventory like a hawk. We then got an Upsell which we took to an aft wrap Neptune suite. As soon as we switched a previous unavailable Signature suite appeared available. I feel that was the one they had already assigned to us. So my theory is as soon as you book they pencil you in with an assignment which can still change if they need to.

As far as seeing your assignment when it is released, go into your booking and click print luggage tags. It seems to show up there faster than elsewhere. You will get an email but it will be at least a day or two later.

Unless you book at the last minute I really doubt if they pencil your assignment in. Sometimes I book a year in advance. No way are they going to hold a cabin that far out. The reason cruise lines do guarantees is so they can fit you in where it suits them.

Curious how you watch inventory. If you look and see what is available it can be very misleading since there could be many guarantees in the mix.

On May 21 I booked an Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam for the May 31 departure. At some point this morning, May 25 (which is also a holiday), my cabin was assigned and my category E outside guarantee became a class C cabin on deck 2 right next to the central elevators. A 2-category bump isn't bad for a first-time HAL customer booking a last minute trip at half price!

My mother has a BC veranda guarantee but it hasn't been assigned yet.

Edited by runchadrun

From reading these posts looks like I'll have to wait a while longer for my 'H' grade outside GTY cabin on Ryndam re 18/07/15. This will be our first HAL cruise. Had GTY before and not that bothered where we end up although being near stairs is handy.

We are 11 days from sailing. We are on the Ryndam, Norse Legends cruise on June 6th. Just received our cabin assignment today. I had booked a Vista Suite BB Guarantee. We got a Vista Suite A.

Great location.

Ok I give up on trying to figure this out!:rolleyes: Yesterday there were still over 12 signature suites and 10 Neptune suites, plus many other categories available.

I check this morning and the May 30th sailing shows sold out?? I still have no assignment 4 days out.

Where did all these rooms go?