Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

I have cruise coming up in July on celebrity. When booked back in December all suites were sold out but able to get sky suite guarantee. Never been in that class suite . Final payment was due the beginning of April and as soon as final payment made,, a ton of Sky suites, celebrity suites and royal suites became available. Why because people tie up the suites with a small deposit then cancel when final payment due. The sky suite was assigned this week but to upgrade now all promotions are lost .

My last cruise Oceania was assigned 5 days before cruise .

Did you get assigned a handicapped sky suite? Typically that is what you get. They hold the handicapped suites if no handicapped person needs the suite-they are released. They are well suited if you are handicapped and need a wheel chair- but they lack some of the non-handicapped features, like a bathtub and walk in closet-. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Ok I give up on trying to figure this out!:rolleyes: Yesterday there were still over 12 signature suites and 10 Neptune suites, plus many other categories available.

I check this morning and the May 30th sailing shows sold out?? I still have no assignment 4 days out.

Where did all these rooms go?

Probably to Upsell Offers. Keep watching, your cabin assignment should be soon.

Good Luck

My mother has a BC veranda guarantee but it hasn't been assigned yet.

An update: Today (May 27) she got her assignment for our May 31 sailing on the Amsterdam. She got bumped up from a BC to an A, coincidentally exactly 4 decks above my C (which began as an E guarantee).

Did you get assigned a handicapped sky suite? Typically that is what you get. They hold the handicapped suites if no handicapped person needs the suite-they are released. They are well suited if you are handicapped and need a wheel chair- but they lack some of the non-handicapped features, like a bathtub and walk in closet-. Enjoy your cruise.

No , not handicapped thank goodness but due to a great TA we got upgraded to celebrity suite . Whop whoop

No , not handicapped thank goodness but due to a great TA we got upgraded to celebrity suite . Whop whoop

Lucky you! Have had a Celebrity Suite a few times and love it! Better if you don't have to pay for it!!!

Enjoy your cruise! You will especially enjoy the added perk of Michael's club which is available to Celebrity Suite and above guests!

My husband and I booked a guaranteed VH cabin on the June 8th Zuiderdam Eastern Mediterranean cruise and received our assignment this afternoon--a VF cabin.

Edited by Kmangel

Hi - we had booked VF Guarantee on 9 June sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam and received cabin assignment this morning VB5145.

So one week out is when they have allocated cabins for this cruise.

Cheers V.

We are 11 days from sailing. We are on the Ryndam, Norse Legends cruise on June 6th. Just received our cabin assignment today. I had booked a Vista Suite BB Guarantee. We got a Vista Suite A.

Great location.

Now 4 days from sailing, we got an upsell offer. From Vista Suite A to a Neptune Suite. Took it.

Excited for the trip !!

We received our cabins assignments for Volendam Jun 24th. Booked two HH guarantee cabins and got two HH cabins, HH3421 and HH3425 (the one with the lovely view of stairs lol). Very happy with this though as we upgraded to HH from interior guarantee quite a while ago when the prices dropped so we weren't too bothered about a view. My son is thrilled as he loves to spend a lot of time on the lower promenade deck and now we have really easy access, have never been on this deck before as we've always booked a cabin for 3 but my DH is skipping this cruise for school and work so its just myself and DS.

I was surprised that HAL assigned the guarantees for mine and my parents together. I know our bookings were linked but I still expected to be on the other side of ship. Nice of them to book us in connecting cabins, my son is already planning on making their pillow chocolates disappear :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just received out cabin assignment tonight for Saturday June 27th. Booked a VH guarantee on the Westerdam and received VB4139. The assignment was made only 2 1/2 days before sailing.

I am sailing on Ryndam on 18/07/15 which is now sold out. The suspense is growing as I await cabin allocation. Surely if all cabins sold they should notify soon?

No, it doesn't work that way. The longest I ever waited for an assignment was on a cruise that was sold out about 2 months before sailing. I got my assignment 3 days before. They tend to do assignments in order of sailing.

We booked a lanai guarantee for 29/07 sailing ... the lanais have been "sold out" for months ... today, as I was checking, they are now up for grabs again. I'm guessing that they are working on the cabin assignments now and some lucky people were offered and accepted upsells, freeing up a couple of lanais.

Any other ideas? I can't wait to get our assignment - so excited for this trip to Alaska!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time we have reserved a guaranteed cabin - we saved quite a bit when reserving hence it was a good choice as far I was concerned. The only BB cabins are on the 10th deck - would I be correct to assume that once we are assigned it will be on the 10th deck?

For those of you who have gone this route previously (booking a guarantee), when do you think we might be assigned a cabin?

Thanks in advance.