Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

My niece finally got their room assignment! They booked a Vh gty and got a VE just forward of the lifeboats but on deck 8. Not a bad location but a long ways from our aft room! At least we can stop checking now!

Edited by cruisevers

My niece finally got their room assignment! They booked a Vh gty and got a VE just forward of the lifeboats but on deck 8. Not a bad location but a long ways from our aft room! At least we can stop checking now!

So glad to hear she finally got her cabin assignment! Now if the next few days would fly by.....:)

Cruise is 21 days out and just received a "prefered limited upgrade" offer which I jumped on. Went from a SS to SA for 649 pp. The SS with Explore 4 was 4299. The SA cabin was 5999. This is a 12 day Med cruise Barcelona - Venice . I was surprised that they had 9 SA's to choose from on the preferred Port side of ship. Very happy.

Cruise is 21 days out and just received a "prefered limited upgrade" offer which I jumped on. Went from a SS to SA for 649 pp. The SS with Explore 4 was 4299. The SA cabin was 5999. This is a 12 day Med cruise Barcelona - Venice . I was surprised that they had 9 SA's to choose from on the preferred Port side of ship. Very happy.

At that price I am surprised they have so few SAs left! Maybe lots on starboard!!

Congratulations on your upsell. Lovely itinerary!!

At that price I am surprised they have so few SAs left! Maybe lots on starboard!!

Congratulations on your upsell. Lovely itinerary!!

Thanks . I believe they had 2 afts avialable on deck 5 and deck 6 , as well as 8 neptunes on starboard. So at least when I called which was about 3 hours after original email , they had 19 neptunes still available. I booked directly with PCC / HAL.

Sailing on the 16th and got room assigned yesterday. Originally booked a guaranteed inside and I called over the weekend to see if I could upgrade to a balcony. I was able to get a guarantee VH balcony for only 25pp more.

Was really surprised to see we got a VB AFT balcony!

These things usually happen to other people.

Sailing on the 16th and got room assigned yesterday. Originally booked a guaranteed inside and I called over the weekend to see if I could upgrade to a balcony. I was able to get a guarantee VH balcony for only 25pp more.

Was really surprised to see we got a VB AFT balcony!

These things usually happen to other people.

What ship? Amazing inside GTY to VB Aft for +$25.00pp.

I think it'd be great, on this thread, if posters told the ship, sail date, and the "from/to". That'd help immensely in understanding.

I will now step off my soapbox ;)

What ship? Amazing inside GTY to VB Aft for +$25.00pp.

Westerdam - Seattle to Alaska leaving on 16th.

I had booked the inside room back in January and the price has since dropped. That's probably why it was only $25pp to go to guarantee balcony.

Excited for the AFT balcony as would have less wind I am told.

Westerdam - Seattle to Alaska leaving on 16th.

I had booked the inside room back in January and the price has since dropped. That's probably why it was only $25pp to go to guarantee balcony.

Excited for the AFT balcony as would have less wind I am told.

Thanks.

We still have no assignment and our cruise departs on the 16th.

Edited by Jade13

We are on the Same Cruise.

Did you Book a B category Or a BB Or BC ?

We booked a BB last August. We're 2 star with HAL, Elite with Princess, if that makes any difference.

We booked a BB last August. We're 2 star with HAL, Elite with Princess, if that makes any difference.

Thank you 😊

We also booked a BB guarantee in december.

After the Price dropped in April HAL gave us the chance to choose one of the B category cabins.

So we can decide now if it was a good choice or not 😄

(Because we can't know if we also would get an A).

See you in 8 days 🍀

Thanks.

We still have no assignment and our cruise departs on the 16th.

Wow, and I thought it was getting late for the May 30th cruise! :eek:

I think this is the longest we have waited for an assignment. We have a SY GTY.

Wow, and I thought it was getting late for the May 30th cruise! :eek:

I think this is the longest we have waited for an assignment. We have a SY GTY.

We depart Saturday May 16 in 5 days and still no assignment.

We just got our assignment. It is a desirable mid ship C category OV that most people booking OV want.

We asked our agent to see if we could be moved up a deck to a forward cabin that we would prefer and figured it would not be a problem since it is a lower category OV, and HAL refuses to do so. They have a policy of not down grading anyone.

Our only option is $299.00 pp for a Veranda which we are not interested in.

Note that what they consider a downgrade is still higher than the QTY we originally booked.

Has anyone heard of this?

We just got our assignment. It is a desirable mid ship C category OV that most people booking OV want.

We asked our agent to see if we could be moved up a deck to a forward cabin that we would prefer and figured it would not be a problem since it is a lower category OV, and HAL refuses to do so. They have a policy of not down grading anyone.

Note that what they consider a downgrade is still higher than the QTY we originally booked.

That's the tricky part of Guarantees. Once they assign the cabin, many times they will not change it, even if you'd prefer something that's a lower category.

I'm sorry HAL didn't want to move you.

May I ask which ship we're discussing?

From what I have read HAL is very strict about not moving you after a guarantee assignment. We have never had a problem on Celebrity, they will allow you to move to any cabin within that category. If a specific location or category is needed or wanted, a guarantee is not a good idea.

I guess I won't be getting our assignment for another week or so.

Edited by WNcruiser

Guarantee ocean view on May 24th Zaandam came through last week. Was obstructed ocean view HH. From what I am reading above it doesn't look like we will be moved even within the ocean views. Spoiled a couple of years ago was upgraded 3 categories within the ocean view, but was our first HAL trip. Did contact TA and she called, but I seriously doubt from what I have read here we will be moved to a full ocean view of some sort. I did look up the cabin review for the one we were assigned and it was well reviewed. Would be very much surprised if we are moved. We paid for what we got so I am not complaining. The cabin is in a decent location and from what I read should be fairly quiet and it does get the light in the window which is what I wanted. Didn't want an inside as my body clock gets all messed up.

Since we are fairly new to HAL we have never been contacted in regards to an upsell.

Edited by oxfordgal