Shareholder Benefit OBC Confirmation

Captiveguru

Tried to fax my proof of share ownership to Cunard to the # on the website. Not sure it went through so I sent the information via email to the eddress on the website on Monday morning (2 weeks and 12 hours prior to sailing).

Today (Tuesday) received an email reply that the UK office could not process US bookings. Was given another fax number. Faxed the proof of ownership today. Fax success was confirmed by by fax service.

It is now less than 2 weeks before sailing. When and how will I receive confirmation of my Shareholder Benefit OBC?

Tried to fax my proof of share ownership to Cunard to the # on the website. Not sure it went through so I sent the information via email to the eddress on the website on Monday morning (2 weeks and 12 hours prior to sailing).

Today (Tuesday) received an email reply that the UK office could not process US bookings. Was given another fax number. Faxed the proof of ownership today. Fax success was confirmed by by fax service.

It is now less than 2 weeks before sailing. When and how will I receive confirmation of my Shareholder Benefit OBC?

Why did you send it to the UK?

Instructions in the shareholder benefit page at http://www.carnivalcorp.com clearly show that OBC requests for Cunard (US) are to be faxed to Santa Clarita, California. 661 753 0180 (fax)

There is no email address for Cunard shareholder benefit communications on the CarnivalCorp site. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Edited by thinfool

Not too sure what fax numbers you have used, however, I believe this is the telephone & fax numbers to be used for Cunard/Carnival ' North American Brands'.

Tel 0800 872 6779 ext 30317 Fax 661753 0180.

You should only need to fax through proof of ownership 'once', afterwards you email 'shareholderbenifit@cunard.com' (after balance has been paid) with details and booking ref number etc.

Good Luck. :)

oops ! sorry thinfool overlooked your reply .

Edited by Bell Boy

Why did you send it to the UK?

Because this is what I found at Ask Cunard:

How do I apply my shareholder benefits to my booking?

To apply your shareholder benefits to your booking please forward the following items to us via fax or post (address below):

Your name

Booking reference

Ship

Sailing date

Proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement). (if your shares are held within a nominee account you can also provide a letter or email from your bank/broker quoting your name, number of Carnival shares held and a current date))

For your own security it is most important that your brokerage account/client number is blocked out together with any information not pertaining to Carnival shares before sending this information.

All applications are to be sent for processing to:

Shareholder Benefits Team

Carnival UK

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton

Hampshire

SO15 1ST

Fax. 023 8065 7360

Email: shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Applications should be made after the cruise balance has been paid but no later than two weeks prior to departure.

Applications will not be accepted once on board the ship.

Because this is what I found at Ask Cunard:

How do I apply my shareholder benefits to my booking?

To apply your shareholder benefits to your booking please forward the following items to us via fax or post (address below):

Your name

Booking reference

Ship

Sailing date

Proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement). (if your shares are held within a nominee account you can also provide a letter or email from your bank/broker quoting your name, number of Carnival shares held and a current date))

For your own security it is most important that your brokerage account/client number is blocked out together with any information not pertaining to Carnival shares before sending this information.

All applications are to be sent for processing to:

Shareholder Benefits Team

Carnival UK

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton

Hampshire

SO15 1ST

Fax. 023 8065 7360

Email: shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Applications should be made after the cruise balance has been paid but no later than two weeks prior to departure.

Applications will not be accepted once on board the ship.

Makes sense....you should still have time to get your credit if you use the US information.

Somehow, Cunard UK needs to be informed to place more inclusive and accurate information on their website.

Here in the UK, I simply email a screenshot of my holding, which is in a nominee account. I actually did this late on Sunday evening and Monday morning, I had an email confirming my OBC. Simple!

I have always e mailed or rang my share platform holder and they contact Cunard with confirmation of the holding.

It's worked up to now but I have always rang Cunard to confirm.

David.

No problems at this side of the pond. Became a shareholder some 18 months ago, sent a screenprint of my share cert, booking reference and cruise number and received a reply within the hour confirming that my shareholder discount had been applied to our cruise.

The reply email told me that from hereon, I did not need to send anything other than booking reference number and cruise details for future cruises as they would retain a copy of my share certificate on file.

Since then, I have all shareholder obc's applied after providing just a few details.

When booking in UK and payment has been made, I find emailing shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

with a copy of my latest share statement dated showing the correct amount of shares purchased to qualify, my name etc with account number crossed out, together with Ship, Booking reference and date sailing. Does the trick. Karen Hawkins and her team reply back a day or two later. Excellent service.

Edited by Pennbank

No problems at this side of the pond. Became a shareholder some 18 months ago, sent a screenprint of my share cert, booking reference and cruise number and received a reply within the hour confirming that my shareholder discount had been applied to our cruise.

The reply email told me that from hereon, I did not need to send anything other than booking reference number and cruise details for future cruises as they would retain a copy of my share certificate on file.

Since then, I have all shareholder obc's applied after providing just a few details.

That must mean that they check the share register to confirm that you have not sold them.

David.

I don't know about over there but in the US it's unusual for stock certificates to be issued in the name of the stockholder. Generally they're issued in electronic form to the broker. It makes transactions easier and you don't have to worry about loss or destruction of the physical certificate.

To prove ownership we need to fax (no provision for emailing documents) a copy of a recent brokerage statement showing holdings of 100 shares of more of CCL.

Edited by Underwatr

To prove ownership we need to fax (no provision for emailing documents) a copy of a recent brokerage statement showing holdings of 100 shares of more of CCL.

Fax, that's a bit last century, what?

David.

Not too sure what fax numbers you have used, however, I believe this is the telephone & fax numbers to be used for Cunard/Carnival ' North American Brands'.

Tel 0800 872 6779 ext 30317 Fax 661753 0180.

You should only need to fax through proof of ownership 'once', afterwards you email 'shareholderbenifit@cunard.com' (after balance has been paid) with details and booking ref number etc.

Good Luck. :)

oops ! sorry thinfool overlooked your reply .

You numbers are correct. I faxed the proof of ownership yesterday. Called today and they confirmed it had been applied. They offered to send a confirming email, which I now have.

Thanks for everyone's help. The instructions on the website do not seem to apply to North American bookings.

You numbers are correct. I faxed the proof of ownership yesterday. Called today and they confirmed it had been applied. They offered to send a confirming email, which I now have.

Thanks for everyone's help. The instructions on the website do not seem to apply to North American bookings.

At least you have the OBC now. Enjoy the cruise and spend it well.:D

• 2 months later...
At least you have the OBC now. Enjoy the cruise and spend it well.:D

I have sent them a copy of my share certificate but they are still emailing me back saying they need a fax from my banker or broker with proof of ownership that is less than two months old.

My broker can only state he got the shares for me in 2011 and my bank has nothing to do with my shares.

What current proof of ownership can I send?

Why can't they check the share register to check I am currently in possession?

I feel hitting my head against a brick wall.

I shall sell my shares and stop cruising.

I'm a diamond member on Cunard and elite on princess so I'm quite experienced

nobody seems to want to help!

I have sent them a copy of my share certificate but they are still emailing me back saying they need a fax from my banker or broker with proof of ownership that is less than two months old. ...
Congratulations, Bagitha, for discovering yet another reason not to have physical possession of any share certificates. CCL pays a dividend; how about sending a copy of the most recent dividend you received.

I have sent them a copy of my share certificate but they are still emailing me back saying they need a fax from my banker or broker with proof of ownership that is less than two months old.

My broker can only state he got the shares for me in 2011 and my bank has nothing to do with my shares.

What current proof of ownership can I send?

Why can't they check the share register to check I am currently in possession?

I feel hitting my head against a brick wall.

I shall sell my shares and stop cruising.

I'm a diamond member on Cunard and elite on princess so I'm quite experienced

nobody seems to want to help!

You might try calling them 001 800 872 6779 ext 30317, I've always found them helpful. They are on Pacific Coast time though which is 8 hours behind UK.

You might try calling them 001 800 872 6779 ext 30317, I've always found them helpful. They are on Pacific Coast time though which is 8 hours behind UK.

Thanks for posting the number Cap'n. I had mailed the paperwork for our OBC for our upcoming trip a few weeks ago, and had specifically requested that I got some form of notification, which has never arrived.

I called the number, don't be put off by the fact that they answer the phone Princess Cruises, and spoke to a very obliging lady who confirmed that they had given me the OBC for the trip. She also said that they don't acknowledge the requests any more as the OBC will be seen in your VP. I let her know that if I had been able to see it on my VP, I would not have needed to call her, and she seemed surprised that it wasn't there!

I just emailed a copy (PDF) along with the form to the Carnival Corp email in Australia and it was acknowledged within 24 hours.:D

To clarify, can Australian citizens buy Carnival shares and qualify for shareholder benefits? What benefits are offered - I gather OBCs, but on every cruise? Discounted fares on every cruise? And what is the minimum shareholding required please. I've not seen any advertising or information publicised about this here in Australia. All advice gratefully received, thank you.

Gwenn.

We unfortunately had a huge problem with this on a recent QMII journey. We sent the required info to Santa Clarita via fax (how terribly old fashioned, or timeless and supremely elegant?) and requested a confirmation. Never received the confirmation. Never received the OBC. So while on board we had to burden the poor purser's staff to follow up on this. Thankfully it was a 25-day cruise, so we had lots of time to hassle, hassle, hassle. Finally got our OBC after about10 days and sending multiple emails with scans attached. The final solution and award was achieved via our fantastic TA and through his Cunard contact, who apologized that we had not received White Star Service. Indeed. it was more like Black Star Service. I must admit that we had not had this problem before with Cunard or Seabourn. But in the future, we will insist on a confirmation of our timelessly elegant faxes, and if we don't receive the elegant confirmation, we will get our panties in a bunch. Warning to others.

To clarify, can Australian citizens buy Carnival shares and qualify for shareholder benefits? What benefits are offered - I gather OBCs, but on every cruise? Discounted fares on every cruise? And what is the minimum shareholding required please. I've not seen any advertising or information publicised about this here in Australia. All advice gratefully received, thank you.

Gwenn.

Well somebody on here from Australia has posted they had purchased shares. Anyone can purchase share.s

You get extra OBC for every cruise you are on, You have to claim after final payment made. The amount depends on the length of the cruise.

SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT - UNITED KINGDOM BRAND CRUISES

On board credit per cabin on sailings of 13 nights or longer - £150

On board credit per cabin on sailings of 7 to 12 nights - £60

On board credit per cabin on sailings of 6 nights or less - £30

Please note the above is for UK sailings. Not sure what they would be where you are.

You do not get discounted fares for owning shares.

the minimum amount reqd for this is 100 shares. When we purchased ours in the UK cost us approx. £2000 I think.

Gwenn.

you need 100 shares and you receive OBC for each trip you make. The amount depends on the number of days involved and the maximum is USD250 for 14 days or more. There is no discount on fares. The benefit operates on bookings on any of the Carnival brands.

Edited by capnpugwash