September 3 sailing Oceania Marina

Dikrepe22

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. We have never travel with Oceania. We are trying to figure out the excursion process. Can anyone help us. This is a 24 day cruise. So excursions can add up. Anyone traveling on this cruise? Thanks! Diane

I'm trying to find your cruise so that I can point you to your Roll Call but my question is: is your cruise in a couple of weeks or next year? The website shows a 22 day cruise leaving on September 2nd, but no 24 day cruise leaving on September 3rd. The one I found was Amsterdam to Rome.

The excursion process is not difficult. You can select tours offered by the ship which tend to be expensive. If you take a package of tours you can reduce the price somewhat.

Many of us prefer to do private tours, which is where the Roll Call can be very helpful.

But if your cruise is leaving in September '15 it's awfully late to book anything other than a ship's tour.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure what your question is.

Mura

it is Sept 3rd 2016 Stockholm to Barcelona ?

Best thing to do is research the ports & decide what is of interest to you

Then if you want to do the ships tours check their website to see what is offered

Join the roll call for your cruise & maybe join others in private tours or some ports you can DIY with a bit of research

Find as many private tours as you can, or see if you can do any of the ports on your own. The fewer Oceania excursions you do the better off you'll be. They are expensive and you're on a bus with forty other people instead of in your own vehicle where you are in charge of the agenda.

OP-

also check the Hop On Hop Off (Hoho) buses that many of the major cities have. They are an excellent way to see the city.

You can do the entire circuit without getting off just to get your bearings, or you can do some research and get off at those stops where there are things you want to see and then get back on.

You usually buy a 1 or 2 day pass.

We love Hoho buses and they often let you buy "extras" with the pass so that you can go up in a cable car, go on a night time tour to see lights, or take a river/port cruise.

Hohos are great price performers and are truly a way to tour DIY without driving!