Favorite Barcelona Hotel

kandj05

We too stayed here in May, and beside the swimming pool on the roof which is great after a day of touring, you can also walk to get the Blue Port bus to take you to the ship for E2 p.p. Just ask the hotel for directions and it is about a 10 min walk. Sue

There is even a bus D20 that departs from just across the street from the hotel and drops one off just behind the Blue port bus T3 at Les Drassanes stop. This costs 2 euro more or any remaining stamp on a transport card T10.

The bus runs every 5 minutes. (select D20)

http://www.tmb.cat/en/linia-de-bus

This bus also opens up the whole Plaza Espana / Fira zone with many good hotels. If there is not a conference in town they can be very inexpensive. Frequent busses cross the Gran Via and get one quickly to the Eixample or Plaza Catalunya zones.

The Ayre Gran Via is one I like in that zone. They offer a good for fee buffet breakfast that is more Spanish traditional than many of the 'tourist' hotels.

http://www.ayrehoteles.com/hotel-gran-via/galeria-ampliada/#26

This hotel is near the first stop of the airport busses into Barcelona, the A1 or A2.

There are two Hotel Continentals. One is Hotel Continental Palacete (the pink one) and the other is Hotel Continental Barcelona.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/en/

Are they both pink? Palacete was very decorative inside. Rooms are smallish but some have balconies. We liked it.

Hotel Continental Barcelona is definitely pink. I've stayed there twice. I also stayed at the Hotel Lloret across the Ramblas. I liked the Lloret a better as it wasn't quirky. I recommend a Ramblas view room. It was an easy walk from the aerobus in Placa Catalunya. And I caught a taxi to the ship right in front .

We've stayed at the Continental multiple times, but last time we chose Hotel Lleo because it was a similar price and has a rooftop sundeck and swimming pool. Its round the corner from Las Ramblas so still very convenient. Its now our "go to" hotel

We stayed at Hotel Jazz. It is a few minutes away from the top of Las Ramblas so its a great location! The rooms were nice, the breakfast was good (pricey though), rooftop pool and bar were awesome!!!! We arrived at 8am after we left the ship and they gave us a room right away! I would definitely stay there again.

Jass and Universal are good hotels! We have always stayed at Continental Barcellona.

Continental Barcelona is an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel located right on the Ramblas and just ONE HALF BLOCK from the Plaza de Catalunya. Therefore very centrally located.

With Barcelona best views of Ramblas from front lounge/balcony area and balcony rooms.. Additional Large balcony in rear for socialing! Each room with its own ‘fridge, plus the added bonus of free Wi-Fi. The FREE buffet food and includes wine, beer, coffee and ice creme!) is available 24 hours a day with dinnng area! Decorated in pink, all our rooms have en-suite facilities, are fully air-conditioned and have flat-screen TVs with all the satellite channels you could wish for. Elevators and Security cameras! See web!

I booked a room at the Hotel Continental for our Oct. cruise for 1 night post-cruise. The day we get off the cruise we're doing a tour of Montersatt for a full day and they'll drop us at the hotel. Our flight is 8am the next morning. Is this a good choice to get to the airport smoothly? I know that an airport hotel would be best, but we want to be able to walk around the area after the tour.

Sorry to the OP! I don't want to intrude on your thread, but I seen the Hotel Continental mentioned.

This was actually on my short list of places to stay in Barcelona, until I found The Cotton House, which is a Marriott property (Autograph Collection), and we're getting our 3 nights with points.

Cotton House is in Eixample, but reviews say it's walking distance to Las Ramblas and anything touristy. This will be my first time in Spain and I'm so excited!

Ooooooh, the Cotton House. We stayed there last year, also on points, after disembarking in Barcelona from our honeymoon cruise. One of our most favourite hotels we have ever stayed at. The MOST luxurious linens I have ever slept on in my life!!! However can be a bit pricey but a great splurge if the budget allows or you have Marriott points.

Ooooooh, the Cotton House. We stayed there last year, also on points, after disembarking in Barcelona from our honeymoon cruise. One of our most favourite hotels we have ever stayed at. The MOST luxurious linens I have ever slept on in my life!!! However can be a bit pricey but a great splurge if the budget allows or you have Marriott points.

Great to hear. Everything I've read online about this hotel has been good, especially the linens. Their outdoor bar/patio looks so nice too!

I booked a room at the Hotel Continental for our Oct. cruise for 1 night post-cruise. The day we get off the cruise we're doing a tour of Montersatt for a full day and they'll drop us at the hotel. Our flight is 8am the next morning. Is this a good choice to get to the airport smoothly? I know that an airport hotel would be best, but we want to be able to walk around the area after the tour.

Sorry to the OP! I don't want to intrude on your thread, but I seen the Hotel Continental mentioned.

We stayed at Hotel Continental last April. Taxis are right out front so no problem getting one to get to airport.

We will be staying there in October pre-cruise.

We stayed at Hotel Continental last April. Taxis are right out front so no problem getting one to get to airport.

I guess you were happy with it since you're staying there again? I'd love to get a room with a balcony, but I don't want to pay close to $200. for a night!

Is the hotel near the old Gothic Area? We're more interested in that then the Ramblas.

I guess you were happy with it since you're staying there again? I'd love to get a room with a balcony, but I don't want to pay close to $200. for a night!

Is the hotel near the old Gothic Area? We're more interested in that then the Ramblas.

Hotel Continental Barcelona is right on the Ramblas.

We stayed at Hotel Nouvel in July 2016. The rooms are small but clean. The hotel staff was super helpful and friendly. Hotel was in a great location with many restaurants close by. Very close to Las Rambla, about 1/2 block away. Transportation was great; close to airport bus stop and metro. I would definitely stay there again but would try to get a bigger room. Room had a balcony but it overlooked a courtyard.

We are looking at booking the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel for 4 pre cruise days . Part of the Marriott chain.

Has anyone stayed here pre or post cruise to advise us if this is a good choice for rooms or location to sites in Barcelona? Thanks

Appreciate your recommendations or past experiences. :)

I've seen some really bad reviews of the Continental and some good ones. I know everyones experiences are different. The one said that you can't get out of the hotel and you have to call them to exit it. They said that the room was dirty and they ended up leaving the same night. Then there's others that love it! Of course, the bad reviews do more damage then the good ones. The hotel did respond to their review.

I've seen some really bad reviews of the Continental and some good ones. I know everyones experiences are different. The one said that you can't get out of the hotel and you have to call them to exit it. They said that the room was dirty and they ended up leaving the same night. Then there's others that love it! Of course, the bad reviews do more damage then the good ones. The hotel did respond to their review.

We never had to call anyone in order to exit the hotel. We simply took the elevator down. We did have a call button to exit our section, but the duty person in reception always promptly buzzed the door open. We stayed three nights and our room was clean upon arrival and clean every day when we returned from sightseeing. The bathroom was spotless and towels were replaced daily.

Edited by NMLady

We never had to call anyone in order to exit the hotel. We simply took the elevator down. We did have a call button to exit our section, but the duty person in reception always promptly buzzed the door open. We stayed three nights and our room was clean upon arrival and clean every day when we returned from sightseeing. The bathroom was spotless and towels were replaced daily.

Completely agree. I had no idea what the OP was talking about when he/she said they couldn't get out. :confused:

I read the review on TripAdvisor. I guess that's what the person meant about calling to be let out. They said that the person that was on duty at reception apparently stepped away and they kept buzzing. It's a very long review on Trip Advisor. The hotel did respond to them. I'm glad to hear that your experience was a good one and the place is clean. We are booked there and payment was taken right away through Agoda, which was through Trip Advisor for the best price. It's still refundable, but I'd rather just stay there for the one night.

You don't say what cruise line. Using their hotel and shuttle minimizes lost time due to schedule changes. Celebrity has a nice concierge system where they can arrange tours more easily than a lot of non tourist hotels. Princess, not so much.

Oceania cruises, using their Hotels for pre-cruise way too pricey. Will book on our own for pre-cruise time in Barcelona and share transport with friends we are traveling with to Port. Recent reviews on Trip Advisor over the past week are favorable for the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel so I think that is likely where we will book.

I stayed at the Hotel Continental for 2 nights in Oct. 2015. No issues with this hotel at all, I realize expectations might be higher for some people, I'm fine with it. Great price, food availability, water/soda, location, no complaints. I'm booking this October for my Royal transatlantic.