Marina Aug 15 Cruise - LIVE - Help, Please?

ebdb

Met a lovely couple, Rafael & Marilyn, at dinner. Rafael forgot the charger for his Fitbit Charge HR. Knowing how kind CC folks are, I'm sending out this call hoping someone currently on board would lend Rafael his/her charger. To avoid inconvenience and risk, I suggest the kind soul and Rafael arrange to leave the charger/Fitbit with Reception to charge while both parties are partying, I mean, out on excursion, at an activity or during a meal.

If you can and would like to help, please call me or leave a message.

Thanks ever so much!

- Eileen

Marina Stateroom 11053

and this is the perfect example of how an intranet would be so useful on a cruise.

Mr. Wonderful always carries a wide assortment of cables and chargers and that info became common knowledge on our last cruise. We were on board for a long time so he became Mr. Useful....but you had to find him when he was needed.

Messages left on the door seem unnecessary these days when there are better and more private ways....or so i think!!!

and this is the perfect example of how an intranet would be so useful on a cruise.

Mr. Wonderful always carries a wide assortment of cables and chargers and that info became common knowledge on our last cruise. We were on board for a long time so he became Mr. Useful....but you had to find him when he was needed.

Messages left on the door seem unnecessary these days when there are better and more private ways....or so i think!!!

Agree!

Wish Mr. Wonderful was on this cruise and that I could find him. In that spirit, if anyone needs it, I can lend charging cables for a Pebble Classic, mini USB, micro USB, iPhone lightning, and iPhone 30-pin.

It's been MY personal experience that once on board people don't look at the roll call or this thread. (Not entirely true since *I* do although I tend not to bother with the roll call anymore once we are under way.)

So, yes, the concierge is probably a better bet.

I was on one cruise where another passenger contacted me on behalf of another passenger who didn't have the cable to charge his Olympus camera. I was able to oblige. So it CAN happen!

Mura

It's been MY personal experience that once on board people don't look at the roll call or this thread. (Not entirely true since *I* do although I tend not to bother with the roll call anymore once we are under way.)

So, yes, the concierge is probably a better bet.

I was on one cruise where another passenger contacted me on behalf of another passenger who didn't have the cable to charge his Olympus camera. I was able to oblige. So it CAN happen!

Mura

Yep, a shot in the dark. Just trying to help a fellow passenger ...

I have my charger for my kindle. I believe it's plug is interchangeable with other devices. I recall using it on an older model Motorola droid phone. Does anyone know if this form of charger will work on a Fitbit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ozzie's Mom

Love your screen name. While in school, both my son and I had Ozzie applied to us as a nickname due to our last name.

As to your question on whether I would do anything differently, so far I haven't been able to come up with anything I would have done differently.

Trying to balance the needs/wants on three different generations has been a bit trying. Longer walking tours on the "grandmas" can be a bit tiring. While the "kids" want to go faster, climb higher, etc. The trick has been to arrange my walking tours earlier in the morning for shorter durations, leaving time later in the day for me, Heidi, Shannon, and Blaine to tear around on our own.

Dining presents its own challenges, with one of the grandmas preferring to eat very early. We don't always dine together which solves for some of that. Otherwise, we swing back and forth with dining times starting at 6:30 or 7:30. Last night was a much anticipated night in Polo. Reservation was set for 7:30. The evening was a fiasco.

More on that later.

Edited by What A Market

Remembered a fellow dinner companion mentioned he had a Fitbit. Started keeping an eye out for Scott. Was hopeful but not particularly optimistic as, often, we never meet cruise mates who share our dinner tables again. Happily, our paths DID cross and Scott graciously lent me the charger cable to pass to Rafael. Hooray for kind folks (like Scott and Mary) and small miracles!!!

P.S. Internet connection was unavailable ship-wide for almost two days. Has been very unreliable since service resumed.

Met a lovely couple, Rafael & Marilyn, at dinner. Rafael forgot the charger for his Fitbit Charge HR. Knowing how kind CC folks are, I'm sending out this call hoping someone currently on board would lend Rafael his/her charger. To avoid inconvenience and risk, I suggest the kind soul and Rafael arrange to leave the charger/Fitbit with Reception to charge while both parties are partying, I mean, out on excursion, at an activity or during a meal.

Thanks ever so much!

- Eileen

Marina Stateroom 11053

How did people exercise before Fitbits? Oh I know - they just exercised.

DON

Thanks ever so much!

- Eileen

Marina Stateroom 11053

How did people exercise before Fitbits. Oh I know - they just exercised.

DON

How did people exercise before Fitbits. Oh I know - they just exercised.

DON

I'm one of those Fitbit junkies...and think they're great! It keeps me on track every day, as I get older and it's harder to get going.

BTW, I'm not a couch potato...I work out 2 hours 5 days a week, choose hotels based on fitness centers and have run 24 marathons, including 4 Bostons.