Specialty Dining Question

nyfeds

Our 10 night Sirena cruise is fast approaching and we will be able to make specialty dining reservations in a few weeks.

Are there any nights better than others to book specialty dining as opposed to dining in the MDR? I know that there are sometimes special Captain's dinners and we would like to attend something of that nature. Not sure what Oceania does, if anything, in having special dining nights.

Thanks!

Denise

Our 10 night Sirena cruise is fast approaching and we will be able to make specialty dining reservations in a few weeks.

Are there any nights better than others to book specialty dining as opposed to dining in the MDR? I know that there are sometimes special Captain's dinners and we would like to attend something of that nature. Not sure what Oceania does, if anything, in having special dining nights.

Thanks!

Denise

There are no special dinner nights on Oceania

Pick a night that works for you & enjoy

Hi have booked our first night in red ginger and in hindsight,booked it too late.We now have an early start the next day on a tour..Can I change it once onboard for an earlier time and if so where do I do that?Im boarding next week and cannot seem to change reservation online.

Thank you..

Hi have booked our first night in red ginger and in hindsight,booked it too late.We now have an early start the next day on a tour..Can I change it once onboard for an earlier time and if so where do I do that?Im boarding next week and cannot seem to change reservation online.

Thank you..

I think you can change it online I did in April but maybe different on the UK site

If you have a TA ask them to change it or call Oceania UK & get them to do it

If all else fails go to the reservations desk when you board

I think you can change it online I did in April but maybe different on the UK site

If you have a TA ask them to change it or call Oceania UK & get them to do it

If all else fails go to the reservations desk when you board

Thank you for your help,Just seen on another thread that we can have speciality dining in our cabin!! That may be the answer...

In room dining gets you the food, but not the atmosphere. We really enjoyed the restaurant experience.

You say you can have the meal in your cabin, I'm assuming you have a butler then? Just ask him/her about the time and see if they can help.

Thank you for your help,Just seen on another thread that we can have speciality dining in our cabin!! That may be the answer...

If your in a Concierige or higher cabin PH, OS VS etc then your butler can arrange "dining" in your cabin..... So yes

However, On the R ships this is only practical in PH or higher... And on The Riveria/Marina even the PH cabin layout is way to small....the table would be at the foot of your bed... very narrow.

So as others have mentioned it is possible but the atmosphere totaly is awful. Dining on the Balcony when the ship is moving will be windy and in my experience rather unpleasant for anything other than a cup of coffee or a drink... ( 20 to 30 mph wind) Dining in the cabin the butler will bring in a sort of board that fits over the coffee table and that is your dining table......

I can't see enjoying a meal in the cabin like that unless you have a full size dinning room table to utilize.... I mean anything is possible but not everything is enjoyable

If your in a Concierige or higher cabin PH, OS VS etc then your butler can arrange "dining" in your cabin..... So yes

However, On the R ships this is only practical in PH or higher... And on The Riveria/Marina even the PH cabin layout is way to small....the table would be at the foot of your bed... very narrow.

So as others have mentioned it is possible but the atmosphere totaly is awful. Dining on the Balcony when the ship is moving will be windy and in my experience rather unpleasant for anything other than a cup of coffee or a drink... ( 20 to 30 mph wind) Dining in the cabin the butler will bring in a sort of board that fits over the coffee table and that is your dining table......

I can't see enjoying a meal in the cabin like that unless you have a full size dinning room table to utilize.... I mean anything is possible but not everything is enjoyable

Concierge class does not have butler service - only PH and above can order from the specialties for dinner.

Agreed, it seems he was a little confused :)

That is true...the whole introduction of the concierge thing with breakfast yes and lunch dinner no.. confuses me.. classes within a class... like almost suite passenger but not quite... Good for revenue I guess, being "an almost suite passenger"

Loved Jim and Stans picture. but that was a Vista suite? But illustrates that you have to have some wind protection and deep pockets to get a spacious suite in which dining is somewhat pleasant .

Maybe living in Calif and Hawaii has spoiled me but I much prefer to eat indoors with some ambiance. rather than with passing by bugs, birds and beetles .

I did enjoy Regents Penthouse on Seven Seas Mariner.... Normally however, I never get into such regal diggs,

As we recall though, you mentioned that your transatlantic Malta to Miami cruise next month will be in a Penthouse Suite.

After a lot of time on Regent in the PH's I felt I really didnt need a lot of space because I spent the vast majority of my time out and about... and an Inside cabin in most cases is just fine. Plus more funds to cruise and really, who needs a butler... Had one for 36 days on Mariner.

The price was right for Malta, the cut the PH fares by many thousands.. and on an R ship You either go with a PH or and Inside... stuff in between not all that great.....at least to me

Don't miss your opportunities to dine in Sirena's specialty restaurants - particularly Red Ginger. Renovations in Sirena are spotty overall, but Red Ginger is gorgeous - much much nicer than on Marina and Riviera. The service and food in Red Ginger are also superb. Tuscan Steak's decor is nice, but more pedestrian, and the food is not at the level of Toscana or Polo Grill.

On Sirena, both restaurants have tables overlooking the stern of the ship, and they are a memorable setting for a special dinner. I would suggest trying a less popular night (IE not a sea day), and reserving for 2 dining alone at a relatively early hour to have the best chance of securing one of these tables. We spoke with the maitre d' in advance of our 7:30 reservations, and he advised arriving around 7:20. We were able to obtain lovely window tables for all three of our 7:30 reservations by doing this. For an 8:30 reservation on a sea day, no such luck.