Weather

I wouldn't worry about it. I am from Orlando and most of the time, it is not accurate. For example, last Saturday has been shown rain on weather channel for a week and it was partly cloudy all day and not a drop of rain. We rarely get rain all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not true. It might be raining in Orlando but once you board the ship and depart the coast of Florida, the sun comes out and everything is beautiful. At least it will seem that way. How bad could it be? You're not at work or mowing the lawn or sitting in your recliner wondering what you're going to do today. You're on a cruise ship, with a drink in your hand, enjoying your vacation. Don't let a little "Liquid Sunshine" ruin your day.

Enjoy your cruise!

It will change everyday. It will say 40% next day, back up to 90%, and so on and then when the day arrived, it will be 20%. Which could means nothing to 15 mins of rain. The % even change by the hour in FL and Caribbean. Maybe you will see a beautiful 3 rainbows from a brief rain shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The last 3 years when I've visited the Caribbean, all 11 islands showed a chance of rain every single day (although I don't recall the %). It only rained on two of the islands.

Once was when we flew into Mexico, it was raining when we got there, but stopped as soon as we left the airport. The other was last summer when we were in Puerto Rico for a cruise. It rained for 10 minutes (pretty hard) on our disembark day. The entire rest of all of those trips, on every island, it was nothing but clear skies and sunshine, despite the weather app on my phone showing a cloud with rain every day, for every island (and they weren't all cruises either, so some of them we spent multiple days on the island with no rain at any point during the day).

Edited by ColoradoGurl

The last 3 years when I've visited the Caribbean, all 11 islands showed a chance of rain every single day (although I don't recall the %). It only rained on two of the islands.

Once was when we flew into Mexico, it was raining when we got there, but stopped as soon as we left the airport. The other was last summer when we were in Pierto Rico for a cruise. It rained for 10 minutes (pretty hard) on our disembark day. The entire rest of all of those trips, on every island, it was nothing but clear skies and sunshine, despite the weather app on my phone showing a cloud with rain every day, for every island (and they weren't all cruises either, so some of them we spent multiple days on the island with no rain at any point during the day).

That gives me hope!

Ugh! I looked and it's 70% chance of rain in the Bahamas and St Thomas next week! I really hope it changes. This is our first family vacation in 8 years and the kids' first cruise. Please don't rain the entire time!

Are we on same cruise

Unfortunately, the weather man mentioned a tropical depression down in the Caribbean. It wasn't definite, but it was looking that way. I hope the weather clears up for you and you have a wonderful vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another Orlando native here. It rained today for 15 minutes but I guarantee you that the weather said there was a 50-70% chance of rain. During the summer, it is typical for it to rain for 30 minutes to a couple of hours most days. Nothing you are planning should be rained out so I wouldn't worry. Just be prepared to grab a drink for a few minutes while the weather passes. :D