Anthem Countdown.. 6 days to go & a few questions..

Thanks to the CC folks for many posts & reviews on the Anthem. I did take a lot of your advice and booked reservations for everything, as I'm under the impression it's easier to make changes once you have reservations. I also emailed the dining group requesting a table for 2. My online check-in is complete and I'm almost ready to go. I have a couple of last minute questions before we sail on 9/3:

• Attire - are jeans acceptable for men/women for dinner? The website says 'pants' for smart casual and I read somewhere on these boards that men wore dress shorts to dinner without a problem. Is that true?
  • Premium Beverage Package - we did purchase this but 2 questions:
  • Beer - what are some of the better beer brands that are included? I read on here that people were able to get brands other than the ones listed in the beverage package document.
  • Soda - I read somewhere that people will receive a soda cup at the beginning of your cruise. Is this the case with the premium package and is the cup required to use the Coca Cola machines?
  • Cruise Docs - I finalized my online-check in, but it says my cruise docs are not ready yet. When should I expect them to be ready?
  • Sea Days - how early do I need to wake up to beat the chair hogs? I don't need a front row seat.
  • Day Time Activities - any ship events that we shouldn't miss?
  • Royal IQ - can this be used for talk and text to other passengers? Or is it text only?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Iluvmypuggle

With regard to beer, here is a pub menu which will give you and idea of what is offered:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46668454&postcount=12

All of the unlimited bevrage packages receive the special soda cup, which is required to use the Coke Freestyle machines.

Cruise docs are usually ready around 7 weeks before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

Thanks to the CC folks for many posts & reviews on the Anthem.

• Attire - are jeans acceptable for men/women for dinner? The website says 'pants' for smart casual and I read somewhere on these boards that men wore dress shorts to dinner without a problem. Is that true? Maybe at other venues, certainly not in Grande
  • Royal IQ - can this be used for talk and text to other passengers? Or is it text only? Both, you need to buy that option inside the app

See above.

With regard to beer, here is a pub menu which will give you and idea of what is offered:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46668454&postcount=12

All of the unlimited bevrage packages receive the special soda cup, which is required to use the Coke Freestyle machines.

Cruise docs are usually ready around 7 weeks before the cruise.

Thanks for the beer menu & additional info. Hoping some of those beers are included, so now I know to go to the pub to figure out the details.

That cup thing is odd.. Who wants to carry a cup around all week?!

Very casual attire is one of the things I love about the Quantum class. Yes jeans are acceptable and what we wear. You can go to the Grande (formal wear only except the first night). You can find that on the RCL site. That is what we always do to get our lobster fix.

We bought the Premium package and I never have used the soda cup. Just show your card and any bar will give you a soda.

Thanks for the beer menu & additional info. Hoping some of those beers are included, so now I know to go to the pub to figure out the details.

That cup thing is odd.. Who wants to carry a cup around all week?!

Straight soda is available from the guns at any bar (you have a sticker on your seapass card). If you want the mixed stuff, like cream soda coke, or want to mix several flavors the freestyle machine will do this - but it reads a chip in the bottom of the plastic cup. No cup, no soda.

If your cruise is this week you should have had documents available ages ago. You don't really need them, but it is nice to be able to print out reservations.

Chair hogs vary - depends on the area. I you want a chair in the sun on an upper deck you won't have a problem. Shade and close to the pool can fill up by 8 or 9.

All you really need is the Set Sail Pass that you go to your booking number on the RCL site and then then online check-in where you print it out. There will be a point a few days before that you will not be able to access it so get it done now as well as print out your luggage tags at the same spot where your Set Sail Pass is at. This is a smart ship so they need that paper for each person to check in to someone at the facility with an I-Pad.

Thanks for the beer menu & additional info. Hoping some of those beers are included, so now I know to go to the pub to figure out the details...

My experience has been that all those beers on the pub menu are included in the Select, Premium, and Ultimate packages, with the exception of Chimay.

Ah, now it makes sense about the soda cup.. The chip makes sense for the machine, but I'm surprised that the sea-pass card or whatever it's called isn't programmed for the soda machine.

Great info about the jeans and casual being acceptable. I tend to dress up anyway, but I'd rather pack jeans than slacks.

And awesome news about all of those beers being including with the exception of the Chimay.. They have a really nice selection and my husband will be happy. i did read that elsewhere, but had no clue what brands were offered, so the menu you posted earlier clarea was helpful.

Thanks again everyone!!! Can't wait to say bon voyage after the work week.

You will have an incredible cruise!! Only downside......chair hogs. In the solarium on sea days we would be out by 730am. Many chairs already reserved and no one around. I finally figured out they were saving them the night before. Royal Caribbean could have easily had staff go out at midnight and clear the chairs. Sadly that did not happen.😭 Still this ship is a 10 out of 10? Enjoy!!!😀😀😀😀

Edited by RAYSWIN