A couple of Questions

Radbooks

We are embarking on our first Oceania Cruise in about a month. We've previously done cruises on Holland and Princess and they have you print out a boarding pass to use to board the ship. I don't see that option on Oceania. Do we just take that booklet they sent us to use as a boarding pass or???

This will be our first cruise with overnight stops and one of them is in New York. Does the gangway or the port stay open all night for people to come and go aboard the ship or do they shut things done at midnight or something? I'd like to go to a show of some sort but I wanted to double check on this. I'm assuming it will be open for people, but I hate to assume anything! :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Radbooks

We are embarking on our first Oceania Cruise in about a month. We've previously done cruises on Holland and Princess and they have you print out a boarding pass to use to board the ship. I don't see that option on Oceania. Do we just take that booklet they sent us to use as a boarding pass or???

You can take the Blue book or the personal information page I also take my Final Cruise summary (it comes by email about 3 wks out)

keep it in your carry on as sometimes the port authorities want to see it before they let you into the port area

This will be our first cruise with overnight stops and one of them is in New York. Does the gangway or the port stay open all night for people to come and go aboard the ship or do they shut things done at midnight or something? I'd like to go to a show of some sort but I wanted to double check on this. I'm assuming it will be open for people, but I hate to assume anything! :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Radbooks

I have never stayed out late when overnighting but I think they leave the gangway open for those that do

There will be a sign at the exit to say what time you need to return

I know the crew have to be back by 2 am or something close to that

As someone who lives in NYC I've never had the problem of trying to return to the ship at 3am! But the advice you've already been given seems very apt! You certainly would be able to go out to dinner and/or see a show.

You could also ask the crew when you are leaving the ship if there is a specific time when you need to be back on board. They are sure to know.

Mura

Thanks for all the wonderful help!! I knew I could count on CC for the answers. :) We are really looking forward to our cruise!

Those BIG BROADWAY MUSICALS (be careful, you could easily exceed the cost of your cruise buying premium tickets) start at 8pm and have running times of 2.5 to 2.75 hours, so unless you're the type who can get to the restaurant at 10:30 or 11pm, you'll need to eat pre-theater.

The good news is that you will be back to the ship well before midnight.

Those BIG BROADWAY MUSICALS (be careful, you could easily exceed the cost of your cruise buying premium tickets) start at 8pm and have running times of 2.5 to 2.75 hours, so unless you're the type who can get to the restaurant at 10:30 or 11pm, you'll need to eat pre-theater.

Yes, the tickets are expensive, but I've never been to NY before so it MAY be worth it for the right show. However, there are lots of things to see and do so I'm not sure that is the best use of our limited time! We get in at noon on one day and leave about 4 the next day so not a lot of time. I just want to at least see some of the highlights. :)

Want "twofers" without waiting in line at Times Square? See if you qualify: https://www.tdf.org.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, the "twofers"! Brings back good memories. At school; we could get them for $7-$10 (never more than $15) in the '70s.

Good old days! Then again, my new car was stolen from the parking garage while I was enjoying the Chorus Line for $10 - maybe they weren't such good old days in NYC :D