Explorer TA

Bigdogwon

Aw phooey! Was there any reason given as to why? Is the infinity pool being used now?

Maintenance issues is what the email stated. Please correct me if I am wrong but didn’t someone say that “they” (Regent) was preparing a list of “problems to fix” I have a feeling that they are going to use the TA to do it, before the two day festivities in Miami. Travelcat any insight?

No insight but know they were having problems with the infinity pool from the beginning. We were very disappointed with the infinity pool and had no desire to use it (my DH was planning on using it but lost interest after seeing it). We did not like the location or the size of the infinity pool and have seen recent posts indicating that they drained it during the day which made little sense.

What you may like instead is some of the "interesting" showers, etc. in the spa area (cannot really describe them -- different than what we have seen in the past and anyone can use them. Keep in mind that the Jacuzzi's are covered so they can be used in inclement weather.

Cheer up - we are all going to have a great time!;)

Received word today that the infinity pool will be closed for the duration of the cruise. Was looking forward to using it, oh well!

Greetings, Bigdogwon, from South Beach. I didn't get any notice of the pool closure. We have a pool right outside our door, so it isn't much of a usage issue with us. I just wonder how nice the pool deck will be without a pool. Guess we will find out. After reading posts about Regent's communication lapses, this appears to be an example.

Mary

It looks as if Regent are dealing with issues on the new ship. That's maybe good for those of us travelling later. But how can they deal with the sight problems in the balcony of the theatre without a major overhaul?

Greetings, Bigdogwon, from South Beach. I didn't get any notice of the pool closure. We have a pool right outside our door, so it isn't much of a usage issue with us. I just wonder how nice the pool deck will be without a pool. Guess we will find out. After reading posts about Regent's communication lapses, this appears to be an example.

Mary

Hi Mary -- your TA should have forwarded Regent's notice about the Infinity Pool to you. The Infinity Pool is not anywhere near the regular pool (that will be open) so the pool deck will be fine (possibly cold on the first part of the trip but warming up as we head south). The Infinity Pool is outside of the Spa/Gym area - as far aft as you can get. If you didn't know it was there you would likely not even walk past it.

Looking forward to seeing you in 1 month and 2 days:D

Greetings,Everyone. The post I wrote to Bigdogwon is inaccurate. The closure is not a pool deck issue. The infinity pool is on the back of the ship. I called Regent and the agent said the pool on the pool deck will be available. He suggested my travel agent got the info.

Mary

Hi Mary -- your TA should have forwarded Regent's notice about the Infinity Pool to you. The Infinity Pool is not anywhere near the regular pool (that will be open) so the pool deck will be fine (possibly cold on the first part of the trip but warming up as we head south). The Infinity Pool is outside of the Spa/Gym area - as far aft as you can get. If you didn't know it was there you would likely not even walk past it.

Looking forward to seeing you in 1 month and 2 days:D

Thanks for the quick response, Travelcat2. The TA we are taking is the one in March, Miami/Barcelona. Boo hoo. Too bad it's not this one. Are you also on that TA? We had a Caribbean booked on Mariner for next month. We canceled because we didn't know when the health problem that forced us to cancel Oceania's Spring TA would be resolved.

Mary

Thanks for the quick response, Travelcat2. The TA we are taking is the one in March, Miami/Barcelona. Boo hoo. Too bad it's not this one. Are you also on that TA? We had a Caribbean booked on Mariner for next month. We canceled because we didn't know when the health problem that forced us to cancel Oceania's Spring TA would be resolved.

Mary

I get so confused by the two TA's. Yes - we are on both and also on the Jerusalem to Rome cruise on November 2nd (an extension offer that was such a bargain that we couldn't refuse!)

Stay healthy and we'll see you in the spring!:)

elaina: It is doubtful that anything can be done to change the site issues in the theater until dry dock. However, it isn't like you cannot see the stage from most of the bottom level of the theater (just watch out for the columns). We had no problems in the theater (except for not caring for some of the new shows).

Maybe they are going to replace the infinity pool with a small version of Horizons Lounge? :confused:

It is not too late to fix the lack of lounge space at the stern of the ship.:)

Marc

Rumor is that they are adding a swim-up bar to the infinity pool to address the issue about the lack of a Horizon Lounge. :rolleyes:

We, too, think that of everything great we've heard about the Explorer, the elimination of the Horizon Lounge is the only serious downside.

IMO, the area around the infinity pool is rather small to do much with. The rumor is interesting considering Regent has stated that only certain levels of guests can visit the area. I suppose there is room to put in a small bar but it would likely take away from the area where the lounges are which is already small.

I did miss the Horizon Lounge on the Explorer to a certain extent but do not think Regent would turn a dining venue into a lounge. Remember that the specialty restaurants have small bar areas so there are quite a few bars on the Explorer. We really enjoyed the lounges on the ship. While we didn't go to the Observation Lounge for tea or trivia, IMO, it is a nicer venue than the Horizon Lounge because of the shape of the lounge.

IMO, the area around the infinity pool is rather small to do much with. The rumor is interesting considering Regent has stated that only certain levels of guests can visit the area. I suppose there is room to put in a small bar but it would likely take away from the area where the lounges are which is already small.

Jackie, are you really implying/stating that we, as G2 residents, will be barred from using the infinity pool? :confused:

Marc

Jackie, are you really implying/stating that we, as G2 residents, will be barred from using the infinity pool? :confused:

Marc

Marc,

It may have changed by now but back in June Randall Soy said:

Hi all. The Infinity pool within Canyon Ranch SpaClub will be accessible for those with Spa Treatments booked plus guests in Penthouse Categories and above and also for Platinum and Titanium Society Members.

That's the plan for the launch and then we'll see how demand works out and adjust accordingly.

Marc,

It may have changed by now but back in June Randall Soy said:

Hi all. The Infinity pool within Canyon Ranch SpaClub will be accessible for those with Spa Treatments booked plus guests in Penthouse Categories and above and also for Platinum and Titanium Society Members.

That's the plan for the launch and then we'll see how demand works out and adjust accordingly.

Dave, thanks. I guess the first day we can book a spa treatment for the last day, use the infinity pool the entire cruise, and then cancel our spa appointment.

Marc

Dave, thanks. I guess the first day we can book a spa treatment for the last day, use the infinity pool the entire cruise, and then cancel our spa appointment.

Marc

Marc,

Nice try :D but I think the pass for a spa treatment is only good on the day of the spa treatment. In any event, I thought you and Arlene were Platinum which would get you into that area whenever you wanted.

Edited by DaveFr