LIVE from the Crown - 1-day Seattle-Vancouver - Sept 17, 2016

CanadianBurger

The "Weekend of Upgrades" is off to a good start. United upgraded me on both flight segments.

Headed south after our climb-out from YYZ. Nice shot of downtown Toronto. At 1815' 5", the CN Tower, completed in 1976, is still the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere. Next to it is Rogers Centre, home of the Toronto Blue Jays (who better get their act together soon!)

830f419e63eea63d62c45f1192aad5ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Made it to Seattle. Staying at the Seattle Airport Hilton tonight. Nice property. I've stayed here several times before. First time using Hilton's Digital Key, though, where your phone unlocks your door. Pretty cool!

My plan for the morning is to take the Link train downtown (the station is right next door to the hotel), and then Uber to the pier.

Unfortunately it looks like these will be mostly indoor cruises, as the forecast is cool and rainy all weekend. ☹️

Unfortunately it looks like these will be mostly indoor cruises, as the forecast is cool and rainy all weekend. ☹️

Rain just started up in Vancouver a couple of hours ago, after such a beautiful couple of weeks. :mad:

Took the link train from the airport station (right next to the hotel) to Downtown Seattle (Westlake Station). The ride was about 30 min and was $3. When I came out of the station, I called for an Uber, which was there in less than 30 seconds. The ride to Pier 91 was $11.25.

Here she is, waiting for boarding...

e56da7ef6292c56409468699a1bcfab1.jpg

There was nobody in line for the Preferred check-in, and I had my key card within a minute. Because there are so many Platinums on this voyage, the Preferred Lounge with snacks was limited to Elites. There were only about 40 chairs in that area.

I'm boarding group 4, and there does seem to be a rope separating the waiting area into Platinums and everyone else. It's currently about 11:15.

9bd493f03a6b2dd5f700bcaab3a3c647.jpg