Mexico Entry

weedpindle

We actually do not see this as a Mexico issue. It is the same with all the Caribbean Islands (except the USVI and Puerto Rico) which also require a valid passport for anyone arriving by air (or on a private boat). This creates some interesting scenarios. For example, if you have a long port day in St Maarten and decide to take the fast ferry over to St Barts, you would need to have a valid Passport to go to St Barts. While staying on St Maarten (in a condo) we actually witnessed some cruise ship passengers being denied boarding on the boat to St Barts because they did no have Passports. And it would be the same with Anguilla.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

My understanding is that at least along the border in San Diego, the checking of passports and filling out of travel permits hasn't been enforced on a consistent. All of the local merchants in Mexico hate these types of things as many US citizens don't have passports.

It is also interesting as the car crossings have not historically involved a check of documents. The system is really set up for checking on an exception basis only. Complete checking will cause the entry into Mexico to take a whole lot more time. Even now, it can take quite a while during peak crossing hours - e.g., evening rush hour - especially Friday night.

Edited by SelectSys

Per the AP.

Since Mexico is now requiring a Passport and filling out a form to cross at certain US/Mexico land crossings, how long before they require a Passport from cruise passengers?.

This has actually been requirements for several years. Per western hemisphere travel initiative as long as cruise is a closed loop cruise, starts and stops at same port they don't need passports. This isn't anything new. I don't forsee them changing this anytime soon. To walk across, drive across, or fly across borders you need passport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Per the AP.

Since Mexico is now requiring a Passport and filling out a form to cross at certain US/Mexico land crossings, how long before they require a Passport from cruise passengers?.

I have never had to fill out a form for US/Mexico land crossings. I use my global entry card and just walk to the front of the Sentri line.