Cozumel Bar Hop question

sharse

I'd bring at least $75, so you aren't at that last bar and foregoing the last drink you want because you need to be able to tip your guide at the end (like me and my husband five years ago). We weren't super heavy drinkers either, but getting food causes your bill to go up fast.

Cozumel is on the Caribbean side of Mexico, the board is located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Every Bar Hopping or Pub Crawl excursion I have done, you only need cash for tips or additional purchases.

This is a different kind of bar hop. The bars don't have electricity, so they don't take credit cards. The included drink at each one is a shot, so you'll likely want to order something else as well.

I agree with everything sid_9169 just said. Maybe take $100 just to be safe? The guacamole at Coconuts and the coconut shrimp at Rastas are outstanding. Also, get a blue margarita at Playa Bonita. Yum!

It is a great excursion.

Lee

We like to drink and on the Bar Hop we spent about $70. We purchased two drinks (one for each of us) minimum at each of the four stops, snack (I think we did chips, salsa and guac) at Coconuts and we ate at Playa Bonita. I think we had at least 4 drinks at Rastas.

I'd take $100 in small bills. We had a blast!!

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm that the Senor Frogs meeting spot is at the Punta Langosta pier where the outdoor shopping is? We just got off the Norwegian Star and we were docked at Punta Langosta and saw a Senor Frogs there downstairs and was just wondering for future Bar Hop booking?

We saw Royal Caribbean ships docked down further from us, looked to be a few miles, and just want to be sure I had the right meeting location.

How much have any of you ever paid for taxi to downtown to Senor Frogs/Starbucks?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
The meeting place is at the senior frogs downtown. It was around $10 for the taxi for our family of 6 just look for this sign. Can't wait until we go back in Feb!

10991188_10155198891070585_74643195197098952_n.jpg?oh=894c6e04756e3a1e8592cfd37d2571be&oe=57108218

How far is Senor Frogs from where Carnival Valor docks? Will we have to get a taxi or is it close enough to walk?

How far is Senor Frogs from where Carnival Valor docks? Will we have to get a taxi or is it close enough to walk?

Are you docking at Puerta Maya or Punta Langosta?

Puerta Maya you will need a taxi there but will be dropped off at port on return. punta Langosta you will walk across the main road, or at least over the bridge.

Edited by c-leg5

Since your on Carnival you will most likely need a taxi. Just tell them you want to go to the Senior Frog's downtown. Its about a $8-$10 taxi ride.

Got back from Cozumel in December on the Norwegian Star and we were docked downtown at Punta Langosta docked right next to the Getaway. But it could be different every day depending on cruise ship schedules. I've been reading a lot where Norwegian usually docks downtown.

So if you are doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, this is the port you want to dock at since Senor Frogs is right across the street from here.

Edited by mickeychicky
add info

Got back from Cozumel in December on the Norwegian Star and we were docked downtown at Punta Langosta docked right next to the Getaway. But it could be different every day depending on cruise ship schedules. I've been reading a lot where Norwegian usually docks downtown.

So if you are doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, this is the port you want to dock at since Senor Frogs is right across the street from here.

We will be on the NCL Star and we have booked the Bar Hop too!! Have done it once before and excited that we are on NCL which usually docks in town. YAY!