Please help me choose Carnival or MSC

lillalo

I hope there is someone out there that can help me. I'm planning a Cruise in June next year with my teenage daugther (i'm 35). I thought I had made my choise - a 6 day long cruice with Carnival Splendor (would have liked RCCL but i don't have that Money right now). Yesterday I was informed that they have a great deal with the MSC Divina - I can get a room with window and

drinkprogram for a Little less than I will pay for an Indoor without drinkprogram on Carnival.

I really dont now wich one to choose. It seems like the MSC has a bit more newer and more exclusive ship but I like that Carnival seems to have a relaxed feeling onboard.

The MSC is one day longer and one more port - otherwise it's the same route.

I really really would like to dance some salsa, merenge and cumbia - I dont know but it seems more of that on Carnival - or am I wrong? Is it eaven posible to get the chanse to dance with anyone or are most people dancing with their partner/family/friends?

Exept from the dancing =) we love to relax, se some funny shows, eat buffets and we both love sweets =) in an relaxing enviroment.

Please is the anybody out there that can help me with this? i¨ll be soooo greatful!

Ahhh I forgot - maby a bitstrange question but is the anyone of this ships that have more latin passangers?

Sorry for my English....

I sailed MSC this summer and they pretty much had dancing every evening, your teenager could go too. When I sailed with MSC they had a male & female dance instructor leads the room in dance sort in a line dancing arrangement then they will get people to pair up I didn't have a partner so they paired me up with some one else who didn't have a partner . it was fun. I was on Carnival in October I didn't see any of the same kind of dancing but they had a sort of party in atrium in the evening which was fun. MSC is slightly more formal than Carnival but still pretty relaxed. They both have fixed time seating for dinner.

I think I would go with MSC as you seem to get more bang for your buck. I haven't travelled with teens, but I see them about the ship & they seem to be having plenty of fun.

Try MSC. I'm not sure what you mean by latin, but MSC is European, perhaps 80% non-English speaking, there will be service in (European) Spanish, possibly Portugese. Divina was built by Fincantieri and I believe it's very similar to Splendor.

Divina's dance floors are tile (Costa's are wood) and the lounge furniture is the most uncomfortable I've ever seen on a ship. But dancing is far more popular in Europe than US, mostly couples but also line dancing. Carnival might have some line dancing but dance floors will be pathetic. When I was on Divina there was a large group which was given a lot of lounge time, and I was told that happens a lot. But cruise lines won't tell you about large groups, so there's no way of knowing.

Even on European tours sailings everything is in English as well as Italian. With a US sailing everything will definitely be in English, possibly other European languages as well. All cruise lines can have large group bookings on board and none of them inform their other guests so I wouldn't let that put you off MSC.

No! Do not choose just on price- all cruises are not exactly alike. If you've traveled in Europe and hated it, then MSC is not for you. You're doing exactly right- ask for facts from people who've been on the ship, then decide based on what's important to you.

• 1 year later...

I'm soooo och sorry!!! I must have missed that anybody responded my post, just read the answers- after one year ... I know it's veeery late but thanks to all of you that responded my questions ♡. I did go for the Carnival Cruise and I loved it... Maby I will try MSC another time but since I live in Europe I did wanted a cruise with more diffrent than I use to (that's why I choosed Carnival).

Well once again - thank you and I'm sorry!

I'm soooo och sorry!!! I must have missed that anybody responded my post, just read the answers- after one year ... I know it's veeery late but thanks to all of you that responded my questions ♡. I did go for the Carnival Cruise and I loved it... Maby I will try MSC another time but since I live in Europe I did wanted a cruise with more diffrent than I use to (that's why I choosed Carnival).

Well once again - thank you and I'm sorry!

Lol....YOU ARE OVER A YEAR LATE!!!!! Hahahaha All kidding aside...very glad you had a great cruise! :)