When are Guarantee cabins usually allocated?

with upgrades anything is possible but remember if you leave yourself open for upgrades you can end up anywhere and you may not know until you check in....if you like your cabin location now you can ring your booking agent and say no upgrades but that is only a request because any one can be moved for operational reasons

if you booked with a TA they could email you about any upgrades but you would find out thru the personalizer

I did tell my TA I'm willing to upgrade

But it would be my luck u get downgraded lol

Thanks for answering

Ps

Where can I look for reviews of my room

Baja deck E216 wanna check it out for power points, etc

I did tell my TA I'm willing to upgrade

But it would be my luck u get downgraded lol

Thanks for answering

Ps

Where can I look for reviews of my room

Baja deck E216 wanna check it out for power points, etc

they wont downgrade you so you could end up in a higher deck or an outside cabin

not sure about the power points but you could check out the reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=174

Yes - the longer you have to wait, the more chance of an upgrade. Just lately we have had cabins allocated for "Guarantee" bookings quite quickly - and "upgrades" have been minor - BUT, 4 years ago, prior to a 6 week cruise to UK with P&O, we had to wait until 2 days before boarding - to receive a 9 level upgrade - from the lowest interior to the highest outside ( they actually called it a "deluxe exterior" :)

• Like 1

Yes - the longer you have to wait, the more chance of an upgrade. Just lately we have had cabins allocated for "Guarantee" bookings quite quickly - and "upgrades" have been minor - BUT, 4 years ago, prior to a 6 week cruise to UK with P&O, we had to wait until 2 days before boarding - to receive a 9 level upgrade - from the lowest interior to the highest outside ( they actually called it a "deluxe exterior" :)

Definitely worth the wait then! And on a long cruise too, how brilliant!

Sounds like you always book guarantee. I've only just discovered it, but then this is the first time we've only needed one cabin. Other times we've been with our kids and friends so need cabins together. I'll definitely do it again as the gamble is worth it. One day I'll prob get a lousy obstructed balcony on a balcony guarantee and maybe won't feel the same but am happy this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked on Voyager of the Seas for 8 January. Booked balcony guarantee this morning and looked at the reservation at lunchtime.

We were allocated 9670, which is a D2 cabin near the aft of the ship. We would probably have booked this cabin if we had been choosing for ourselves, so I am happy!

Just booked on Voyager of the Seas for 8 January. Booked balcony guarantee this morning and looked at the reservation at lunchtime.

We were allocated 9670, which is a D2 cabin near the aft of the ship. We would probably have booked this cabin if we had been choosing for ourselves, so I am happy!

Can't ask for anything better than a cabin you would have chosen yourself:D.

I agree the gaurantee lottery does seem a good thing, when we booked they were offering free upgrades... Pay for an oceanview, get an upgrade to balcony. So we paid oceanview prices to get an extended balcony at the upper end of the balcony category as well as 600 dollars onboard credit.

Wether this s usual or not I don't know. Murphy's law might bite me on the arse next time I try it lol

I agree the gaurantee lottery does seem a good thing, when we booked they were offering free upgrades... Pay for an oceanview, get an upgrade to balcony. So we paid oceanview prices to get an extended balcony at the upper end of the balcony category as well as 600 dollars onboard credit.

Wether this s usual or not I don't know. Murphy's law might bite me on the arse next time I try it lol

The lottery is ine, provided location isn't an issue to you.

If you are fussy (by choice or necessity) about location guarantee isn't the way to go.

So I've pulled the plug and just booked a guarantee cabin on radiance of the seas 31/1. So now I play the waiting game. Full payment required due to being less than 2 months away.

Checked available cabins and would be happy with most, there is one or two really forward locations that I will be a little hesitant with, however I have never had a forward cabin, so if I'm allocated one, then I'll give it a try and see what we think, who knows we may love it!! Previously have only done mid ship but on my solstice cruise had an aft cabin (5 from back) and loved it, so will be happy with anything. This was a very cheap cruise and so prepared for the lottery. Neither DH or I get sea sick ( we have a boat!) so not worried about that!

The $400 we saved on an allocated cabin will be well spent on alcohol :D

So I've pulled the plug and just booked a guarantee cabin on radiance of the seas 31/1. So now I play the waiting game. Full payment required due to being less than 2 months away.

Checked available cabins and would be happy with most, there is one or two really forward locations that I will be a little hesitant with, however I have never had a forward cabin, so if I'm allocated one, then I'll give it a try and see what we think, who knows we may love it!! Previously have only done mid ship but on my solstice cruise had an aft cabin (5 from back) and loved it, so will be happy with anything. This was a very cheap cruise and so prepared for the lottery. Neither DH or I get sea sick ( we have a boat!) so not worried about that!

We've been on Radiance and were quite far forward (in 9026) and it was a great cabin, very convenient and quiet. I do get seasick and it was absolutely fine. There are forward elevators that are quieter and less utilised.

Come back and let us know what you get...

We've been on Radiance and were quite far forward (in 9026) and it was a great cabin, very convenient and quiet. I do get seasick and it was absolutely fine. There are forward elevators that are quieter and less utilised.

Come back and let us know what you get...

The only time I have had a small issue with a really forward cabin (2nd cabin from the front) was when it was really windy and the separating barrier on the balcony starting howling like a banshee due to the vibrations and wind. The waves were also splashing quite high onto the balcony above us which didn't help either.

The only time I have had a small issue with a really forward cabin (2nd cabin from the front) was when it was really windy and the separating barrier on the balcony starting howling like a banshee due to the vibrations and wind. The waves were also splashing quite high onto the balcony above us which didn't help either.

I hope you were on the lowest deck of balconies! But still...... :eek:

I hope you were on the lowest deck of balconies! But still...... :eek:

Yes, It was Dolphin deck, (Diamond Princess) so above the Promenade but the lowest cabins with Balconies. The water was going well and truly up to Baja deck.

Edited by MicCanberra

We booked on Pacific Pearl NYE cruise, out of Sydney on the 27th of this month. Booked a few weeks ago and checking daily but still have not been allocated a cabin. This is the first time I have booked this type so a little nervous. :eek:

Only cabin cat left were outside guarantee. We always have previously booked certain cabins. I really don't mind as we don't get sea sick (actually much prefer there to be movement, the more the better. :D so I don't care really where it is, hoping the upgrade fairy visits and decides to give us a balcony. Fiona

We booked on Pacific Pearl NYE cruise, out of Sydney on the 27th of this month. Booked a few weeks ago and checking daily but still have not been allocated a cabin. This is the first time I have booked this type so a little nervous. :eek:

Only cabin cat left were outside guarantee. We always have previously booked certain cabins. I really don't mind as we don't get sea sick (actually much prefer there to be movement, the more the better. :D so I don't care really where it is, hoping the upgrade fairy visits and decides to give us a balcony. Fiona

Fingers crossed for you, but it really is a lottery and chances are you will get the category that you paid for, time will tell.:D

it looks like it might be sold out. so it is difficult to know what the probabilities of an upgrade are. Unfortunately pacific pearl is an older ship and therefore balconies are few and far between, so the chances are low but not impossible :D

We just cruised in an oceanview on deck 3 forward on Radiance. It was the first cabin around from the forward lifts.

We would book it again. There was very little movement there if any and the forward lifts were always empty. Easy to get to theatre, dining, centrum etc.

Had a great big window and cruising through the Whitsundays at sunset was superb - felt as though you could almost touch the islands being so close to sea level.

We are still waiting for guarantee allocation on QE for February. Booked the highest category inside - maybe hoping for an upgrade.

I received my balcony guarantee cabin allocation on Friday, was a little disappointed as was allocated an E1 8662, an obstructed balcony cabin, not to bad as it is only the window washing equipment and really couldn't be unhappy as it was a guarantee and I knew the possibility of getting a bad cabin.

However I decided to ask my trusty TA if it was possible to change within same category ( I knew you could do it in the US but hadn't read much about the possibility in Australia) and surprise surprise.....success, gave her a few options and ended up with 8158, still aft, which I'm happy about. :D

I knew the risks and was happy to play the game.

So moral to the story if you are allocated a cabin your not happy with or a more desirable location is available, just ask!!

I received my balcony guarantee cabin allocation on Friday, was a little disappointed as was allocated an E1 8662, an obstructed balcony cabin, not to bad as it is only the window washing equipment and really couldn't be unhappy as it was a guarantee and I knew the possibility of getting a bad cabin.

However I decided to ask my trusty TA if it was possible to change within same category ( I knew you could do it in the US but hadn't read much about the possibility in Australia) and surprise surprise.....success, gave her a few options and ended up with 8158, still aft, which I'm happy about. :D

I knew the risks and was happy to play the game.

So moral to the story if you are allocated a cabin your not happy with or a more desirable location is available, just ask!!

Glad to hear you could change cabins, I guess it depends on the willingness of your TA!

It really is a lottery and even though you need to be prepared to accept one of the worst cabins, its kind of disappointing when that's what you get. We got a great cabin this time, highest level balcony, so would book a guarantee again. I reckon the odds are usually in your favour. Really nice to know you can change in Aus if necessary.