Celebrity Reflection 19 Aug KUSADASI

brammers

Dont be nervous about it. These attacks can happen anywhere, at any time and targeting anyone. You are no more safe in Kusadasi than you are in your home town. If it is not cancelled than have a great day in port. If it is cancelled have a great day at another location or on-board the ship. It is vacation, enjoy it.

I am sure Celebrity will let you know as soon as there is a change, if in fact there is a change.

I would disagree that Kurdasi is no more safe than home.

I was their last month on the Reflection...the security at the port entrance was pathetic and the same at Ephesus.

They had unarmed security at entrance to port shopping area that leads into cruise terminal

No armed security at Ephesus entry either...made me feel very uneasy.

Here in the US you can be shot up at work, at the movies, at school, out for a night of fun, at a work party, etc. So really, it is just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My point is, you cannot live your life in fear. Its exactly what these type of people want. Live your life and be vigilant and aware of your surroundings, do not live in fear.

I would disagree that Kurdasi is no more safe than home.

I was their last month on the Reflection...the security at the port entrance was pathetic and the same at Ephesus.

They had unarmed security at entrance to port shopping area that leads into cruise terminal

No armed security at Ephesus entry either...made me feel very uneasy.

Ephesus really worries me too especially as most tours also do the holly shrine for st Mary (very close by) a religious shrine for Christians and Muslims which is run jointly but mainly funded by the church much to the distaste of many Muslim groups. I am staying on the ship here luckily I have been before many years ago

Edited by fragilek

in April the House of the Virgin Mary was bristling with soldiers carrying machine guns and vehicles were checked in and out by armed soldiers. Armed soldiers were also in the village at the exit of Ephesus. Armed security were obvious around Kusadasi port and one had to present sea passes on three different occasions to get through to the ship.

Kusadasi is still on for the Reflection for the current cruise, I don't think they will be changing it for this season. It would be like canceling a stop in Nice because of the Paris attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by pumpkin 11

Kusadasi is still on for the Reflection for the current cruise, I don't think they will be changing it for this season. It would be like canceling a stop in Nice because of the Paris attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To me its more like Tunisia beaches after the earlier museum attack. I really think an attack on the coast resorts in Turkey is just a matter of time- I truly hope I am wrong. Glad to hear of the security at St Mary's house (ironically a place of worship for several religions)

Security at Mary's House is not new. We were there three years ago and there were police or military all round with what I would call machine guns or automatic looking type rifles. I also think there is more security at the port than what you see.

Hi, does anybody know if KUSADASI will go ahead as planned after the atrocious attack? or thoughts on celebrity cancelling it... Feeling nervous about it. TIA

We just returned back from June 17th sailing. Kusadasi was one of the best port, we liked food and people (along with Rhodes and Napoli).

We felt very secure.

We just returned back from June 17th sailing. Kusadasi was one of the best port, we liked food and people (along with Rhodes and Napoli).

We felt very secure.

Good to hear. We will be on the August 8 sailing of the Reflection. Istanbul is 400 miles away. Not that the distance matters but if I was visiting NYC, I wouldn't change my plans because of the Orlando attacks. Similar situation. At least that's what I'm telling myself!

We are also on this sailing and looking forward to stopping in Kusadesi and touring Ephesus. I have heard from so many that it is an amazing place. We will not change our plans. I feel for the people of Turkey who rely on tourism for their livelihood.

It always makes me laugh when cruise lines consider one port "safe" and the next one "not safe". :rolleyes: It was the same with Mazatlan. They predicted 18 months in advance that it would suddenly "be safe" when they considered it unsafe prior to that. I always wonder what their criteria is for predicted whether a port is safe or not that far in advance. :rolleyes: A lined pocket perhaps?

If a bomb went off in New York would you not visit Washington? Istanbul and Kusadasi are a little way from each other. We were there 4 weeks ago and they we really feeling the impact of the number of ships that no longer visited them. The bazaar was quiet, lots of 10 euro stores where they'd normally barter etc.

I can't even fathom the concept of visiting Kusadasi and staying on the ship, and we have been there 4 times. If someone is that concerned, why travel?

By insulating yourself, whether at home or on a ship instead of exploring the world, you are doing EXACTLY what terrorism is designed to do: Terrorize you.

Interesting- we got an email through from Celebrity last week informing us our Reflection Italy and Greek isles cruise for August next year has dropped Kusadasi and changed to Valetta, Malta. I assumed it was due to recent troubles but i guess not if they are still sailing there?

We are spending 2 weeks in Southern Turkey this summer, the news is unsettling but it such a beautiful country, their tourism industry is getting ruined!