My Time Dining has extra fees?

I did a search on this forum and was overwhelmed with the litany of topics.

According to the website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating

It seems that there is no extra fee or required rewards level to be able to participate in the my time dining. Can someone please confirm?

I haven't sailed with RCL in years. I REALLY hate the permanent dining time as things happen. Ex. I get sick but recover in time for dinner later on, I sleep through my time, there is a fun event, am drunk, and etc. So I have missed my dining time before on another cruise liner (or it could have been this one...idk tbh), and they made such a big deal about me sitting in the MDR. Hence, I have been going to NCL a lot. But I am willing to try RCL again assuming this My dining time is comparable to the freestyle cruising on NCL when it comes to the MDR.

Any advice or opinions helps. Thanks.

GREAT! I cannot tell you how FRUSTRATING it is to having rigid times. I am just not that kind of guy.

That one time when I went to the MDR by myself and begged the waiter to sit one person down, they gave me such a hard time. I remember thinking that the waiter probably spit in my food because they gave me such a dirty stare. Mind you, I was a sick teenager that just wasn't having fun with all the waves tossing the ship around. There was a medical reason why I missed it and they STILL gave me so much bs. It was so infuriating that I have been going to NCL for years so that I can avoid situations like that.

^ I wonder how you market for a person like this - no we don't spit in your food and we will seat you without an attitude.

Basically.

Or the NCL ads that emphasize freestyle cruising is equally as effect.

Very few RCL ships come out of CA. So I will be keeping an eye out.

Basically.

Or the NCL ads that emphasize freestyle cruising is equally as effect.

Very few RCL ships come out of CA. So I will be keeping an eye out.

In the past several years, the only RC sailings out of California have been seasonal on the Jewel and Radiance and Explorer when they are repositioning to begin or finish Alaska seasons. (fall and spring). Next year, there is a Panama Canal cruise ending in LA and the next one begins in LA. Neither is round-trip CA.

In the past several years, the only RC sailings out of California have been seasonal on the Jewel and Radiance and Explorer when they are repositioning to begin or finish Alaska seasons. (fall and spring). Next year, there is a Panama Canal cruise ending in LA and the next one begins in LA. Neither is round-trip CA.

yea. So RCL use to have many more crusies out of CA. I rem when they cut down on them. this was like 10+ years ago, and my mom kept mentioning it as she really liked RCL. RCL leaving CA also pushed my parents to book NCL more often.

Is there a reason why RCL doesn't sail out of CA anymore?

I personally don't like flying out to go on a cruise...it gives me a headache...

Yes, they can make more profit elsewhere.

Well, a business is a business. lol.

I was suspecting a different reason like carnival or NCL squeezed them out of Ca. Guess I was wrong.