Platinum question?

missygirl

When we board our next cruise in Nov. we will be platinum. I know that we will be allowed to board before gold, red ect. but are we allowed to go directly to our cabin or will we have to wait until they announce the cabins are ready like normal?

....and then go up to the bridge. You know, all Platinums get to blow the horn too.

I work hard and long hours to be able to afford to go on cruises and thank God that we are fortunate enough with our health to go also so when we have finally have gone platinum I did not ask this question to down anyone I had just read here on CC that we could go ahead to cabin so you don't have be snarky with your comment.

Yes you can go straight to your cabin, it should be ready, last time ours wasn't but they still let us drop off our carry on and then we went to get food. Your luggage should come earlier also but not always. Welcome to being Platinum, enjoy it and ignore the naysayers.

I work hard and long hours to be able to afford to go on cruises and thank God that we are fortunate enough with our health to go also so when we have finally have gone platinum I did not ask this question to down anyone I had just read here on CC that we could go ahead to cabin so you don't have be snarky with your comment.

Enjoy your cruise and don't let folks get under your skin, can't image how they will act when and if they get to Platinum. You have spent a lot of money with CCL so enjoy your vacation and forget everyone else.

Congratulations on becoming Platinum Cruisers. A word of advice from one who knows; as Platinum Cruisers you will be some of the first passengers to board. Drop off your carry-on luggage as per your earned perk; but make sure you keep moving. Remember, most of the passengers are boarding behind you and are probably heading to the Lido Buffet as well. If you spend too much time in your cabin after boarding, you will find the Lido Buffet is very crowded and seating is at a premium; which, to me, defeats the perk of early boarding. Enjoy your first cruise as Platinum.

You must be an FTTFer.

No. With 18 cruises on Carnival, I am platinum. It's just that, like Carnival, I like to have fun and have a sense of humor.

Lighten up, Francis. It was just a stab at humor, which some people have very little of.

....and then go up to the bridge. You know, all Platinums get to blow the horn too.

I will be Platinum on my next cruise as well, I didn't know this perk was available...Do I knock or just open the door? The Captain should know who I am since I will be platinum right? :'):')

Hawk was just having a little fun, nothing snarky. Just look at their Avatar. :D

I will be Platinum on my next cruise as well, I didn't know this perk was available...Do I knock or just open the door? The Captain should know who I am since I will be platinum right? :'):')

If you are on a ship where you get your sail and sign at card check in just go straight to your room and go in. If you are on a ship with the new system go to your room and take your sail and sign cards out of the mailbox and enter. Easy. Have a great cruise.

Candi

No need to knock, and they should have a servant waiting to open the door for you. I just can't wait till I am Diamond so I can actually drive the boat too.

When we board our next cruise in Nov. we will be platinum. I know that we will be allowed to board before gold, red ect. but are we allowed to go directly to our cabin or will we have to wait until they announce the cabins are ready like normal?[/quote

If the hallway doors are closed they usually have a sign on them instructing Platinum, Diamond and FTTF to go ahead and open the door to come in but that others need to wait until the cabins are ready.

When we board our next cruise in Nov. we will be platinum. I know that we will be allowed to board before gold, red ect. but are we allowed to go directly to our cabin or will we have to wait until they announce the cabins are ready like normal?

Congratulations!!! Yes, your cabin will be ready.:cool:

Only once has our cabin not been ready upon boarding- the MR Journeys Cruise out of Long Beach. At embarkation there was the Crew Immigration check AND a surprise Coast Guard Muster review AND 200+Diamonds/Platinums and an untold number of FTTF. (It was also raining but that's another story.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only once has our cabin not been ready upon boarding- the MR Journeys Cruise out of Long Beach. At embarkation there was the Crew Immigration check AND a surprise Coast Guard Muster review AND 200+Diamonds/Platinums and an untold number of FTTF. (It was also raining but that's another story.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we were there, too. :D Our cabin wasn't ready, either. And we were soaked to the bone! But, what a wonderful cruise. Welcome, OP, to Platinum! :D

No need to knock, and they should have a servant waiting to open the door for you. I just can't wait till I am Diamond so I can actually drive the boat too.

Cool, I will be Diamond in August and can't wait to drive the "boat". lol