Internet Charges?

so I am hesitant to purchase the vroom(?) internet because I am afraid I'll be using my phone more than I would like to if I have unlimited internet. I'll be alone with my 2 daughters and would like to be able to FaceTime my husband a few times from the ship but otherwise leave the phone in my stateroom. I can't seem to locate the price for internet access? Is it sold by the minute or how does it work?

so I am hesitant to purchase the vroom(?) internet because I am afraid I'll be using my phone more than I would like to if I have unlimited internet. I'll be alone with my 2 daughters and would like to be able to FaceTime my husband a few times from the ship but otherwise leave the phone in my stateroom. I can't seem to locate the price for internet access? Is it sold by the minute or how does it work?

Internet is no longer sold by the minute. The least you can buy onboard is one continuous 24-hour period for $20.

See your Cruise Planner for any promos on your sailing.

Should you want to purchase more than one day once onboard, prices are as follows:

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/Voom.pdf

^ depends on the ship - folks have reported FaceTime working fine with Surf only on O3B equipped ships.

It does not have to be an O3B equipped ship. I've seen FaceTime work on surf only voom on ships not yet upgraded. It is very hit and miss, though.

FYI, you'll probably need the "surf and stream" package (i.e. the faster, more expensive tier) for FaceTime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use just Surf, and Facetime has worked fine on Vision and Jewel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk