Room Steward

donsbabe

The last time we sailed on the Sunshine a few years ago our steward came in while we were at breakfast and make our bed up and change our towels if needed. They would return while we were at dinner to turn down our bed, swap towels if needed and put our fun times on the bed with a towel animal. I have that they no longer come in twice a day. They only come in once a day. We sail on the Dream in November. Can anyone confirm this or is it just a rumor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time we sailed on the Sunshine a few years ago our steward came in while we were at breakfast and make our bed up and change our towels if needed. They would return while we were at dinner to turn down our bed, swap towels if needed and put our fun times on the bed with a towel animal. I have that they no longer come in twice a day. They only come in once a day. We sail on the Dream in November. Can anyone confirm this or is it just a rumor?

You will be offered am or pm service when you get your room. I have heard that you can get both if you really push it, but our steward did not offer it. We were on the dream about 6 weeks ago and took pm service.

They may or may not ask if you want AM or PM service, just tell them you would like both.

We were asked on our last two Carnival cruises and I told them both, like we've always had. They did accommodate us, although our steward on our cruise last summer to Alaska, kind of rolled his eyes when I told him I wanted both, but he did it.

I was given the option and took both since they started this.

I recently did a B2B on the Splendor and I was in different cabins, with different stewards.

First week the Cabin Steward verbally greeted me and asked if I wanted AM or PM or Both. I also verbally requested extra pillows and hangers and 2 robes he then suggested ice - which I meant to ask for :)

Second week I was given the form to fill out by the cabin steward and the options for room servicing were AM/PM/Both. Again I selected both. There were also options to check off for robes, extra pillows, extra hangers. There was not a check off for ice - which I forgot about again. The next day when I saw the cabin steward I requested ice.

On my second leg one of my dinner table mates said that they were only verbally given the choice of AM or PM and they had selected AM but stated they were missing the PM for towel changes etc.....I told them that they DID in fact have the option of both and should mention this to their cabin steward. They did and from then on they received service 2x daily and they were very thankful.

I was given the option and took both since they started this.

I recently did a B2B on the Splendor and I was in different cabins, with different stewards.

First week the Cabin Steward verbally greeted me and asked if I wanted AM or PM or Both. I also verbally requested extra pillows and hangers and 2 robes he then suggested ice - which I meant to ask for :)

Second week I was given the form to fill out by the cabin steward and the options for room servicing were AM/PM/Both. Again I selected both. There were also options to check off for robes, extra pillows, extra hangers. There was not a check off for ice - which I forgot about again. The next day when I saw the cabin steward I requested ice.

On my second leg one of my dinner table mates said that they were only verbally given the choice of AM or PM and they had selected AM but stated they were missing the PM for towel changes etc.....I told them that they DID in fact have the option of both and should mention this to their cabin steward. They did and from then on they received service 2x daily and they were very thankful.

Apparently quite a few stewards are pushing people to take one time service.

It is not true , they give a choice am,pm or both.

You will be offered am or pm service when you get your room. I have heard that you can get both if you really push it, but our steward did not offer it. We were on the dream about 6 weeks ago and took pm service.

On some ships, stewards are instructed to ask guests if they want Am, Pm or both plus extra pillows, glasses, robes, etc. I have never had anything but a positive response when replying "Both, please". I think the stories about stewards being less than responsive are just stories and a result of people being uncomfortable interacting with them

Let me preface this by saying that all our experiences are in Ocean Suites, which may get extra services. Our steward asked if we wanted AM, PM or Both...but he recommended Both. We chose both, and I asked for ice daily...and tipped $20 up front. We never had an issue with having our stateroom cleaned, plus our ice bucket was always full of (non-melted) ice. Great towel creatures at night.

On our recent Sunshine cruise we were given all 3 options, morning, afternoon or both. We took afternoon but asked if they could empty our medical waste supply bin in the owning as well. They came in and did that plus straightened up the bathroom and replaced towels. The only thing they ended up not doing in the morning was making the beds.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Apparently quite a few stewards are pushing people to take one time service.

The first time we meet the steward we request cabin servicing and ice in the AM and for the PM we need ice, dry towels and the Fun Times. We've never had a problem with that request.

Our steward on the Splendor 3 weeks ago asked if we wanted AM or PM service. I told him that we'd like both. We got both. We didn't need anything extra. We stole our kids pillows (they didn't need 2 pillows each) and we didn't hang our clothes up. We had an ocean view room which has a refrigerator so we didn't need ice either.

I sailed on the Legend in May. Steward implied that we had the choice of am or pm. We chose am and didn't push for twice daily. Several times during the week we were in our cabin during morning service and he came back in the evening when we were at dinner. If he cleaned in the am the Fun Times was left in the mail basket in the evening. FYI: We did not have an ice bucket in the room at all but were fine without ice. The fridge was empty and the washcloth on the door did well at keeping the water in the Fridge and some wine cold.

Well, that's your bad. You should have pushed the issue, it's your choice of twice a day.

We just returned from the Triumph on Saturday. Our room steward was terrible. We weren't given an option and on day 3 of 5 finally found him in the hallway to ask if we could get any clean washcloths as ours had never been replaced. We mentioned it twice to the person at the service desk and they did not care. The only thing we noticed was that he made the bed and left a towel animal. The first towel animal's paper eyes fell on the floor on day 2 and those little scraps of paper were still on the floor on day 5 so he didn't even vacuum. I took a picture of our desk area to show the dust that had accumulated. It was really pathetic.

room.jpg.4336de011b816723cc41c6fddd70d1df.jpg

Well, that's your bad. You should have pushed the issue, it's your choice of twice a day.

My bad? Who said I wanted twice a day. I was perfectly fine with just PM. A hotel doesn't clean 2 times a day and I certainly don't need it on a ship. I'm not a slob, pick up after myself and only need clean towels daily.

My bad? Who said I wanted twice a day. I was perfectly fine with just PM. A hotel doesn't clean 2 times a day and I certainly don't need it on a ship. I'm not a slob, pick up after myself and only need clean towels daily.

Problem with PM is you've been on the ship 30+ hours before your first cleaning. You better have enough towels for two days.

Edited by Saint Greg