Status Match Program

Avril

I've been on many cruises but never with MSC. I'd love to try it sometime, I've heard really great things about it!! :D The line I have the highest loyalty status with is Carnival. I'm Platinum and have 149 points (in case you don't know, Platinum is anywhere between 75 and 199 points, Diamond is 200+ points). Using MSC's Status Match program, what level of MSC's loyalty program would I be at? Also, do you get to keep that status for every MSC cruise you take or is it just for your 1st cruise with them then you go back to the bottom of the loyalty program after that?

Thanks!!!! :D

Status match valid for 3 years but you will need to look at all the other threads on here re status match and what you get matched to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been on many cruises but never with MSC. I'd love to try it sometime, I've heard really great things about it!! :D The line I have the highest loyalty status with is Carnival. I'm Platinum and have 149 points (in case you don't know, Platinum is anywhere between 75 and 199 points, Diamond is 200+ points). Using MSC's Status Match program, what level of MSC's loyalty program would I be at? Also, do you get to keep that status for every MSC cruise you take or is it just for your 1st cruise with them then you go back to the bottom of the loyalty program after that?

Thanks!!!! :D

I wasn't being rude btw with my previous response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. I'm gold on NCL & Carnival. You have to fax or email your status confirmations. There's a form to fill out as well. Do it ASAP. It took some time & I had to be aggressive. But, it was worth it. You keep your status with them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just emailed msc status match a picture of my c&a society status with which im emerald and they emailed my status back within 24hrs no forms to fill in and they automatically gave me 5% off with out asking. Emerald on rccl got me black card with msc. Over the moon [emoji4]

Heya! I'm so happy I found out about the status match thing. I managed to use my platinum NCL to get MSC BLACK :D

If you're in the U.K. You have to print a form, scan it and email it off. This may help: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/03/21/msc-status-match/

All in all the whole thing was really easy and I'm really happy I found this :D

Hi can anyone help me?

Does status match only apply if you have sailed with MSC before?

I have booked a cruise with them in August and wanted to status match my NCL or Celebrity status with theirs.

My TA has come back saying

"MSC Cruises does not reward customers with a 5% discount if they have sailed with their competitors before.

They 5% discount is only valid for customers who have sailed with MSC Cruises before and who are registered as an MSC Cruises member at the time of booking."

At the time of booking via the TA they did not make us aware we could status match.

Any advice welcome.

Ive never sailed msc before and got status match and 5% discount plus i never done it until a month after i booked my cruise.

Did you contact MSC directly via their web address do you remember?

My TA has come back saying this is not possible, I am sure they are wrong!!

Did you contact MSC directly via their web address do you remember?

My TA has come back saying this is not possible, I am sure they are wrong!!

Yes they are wrong! We did this last year - on a cruise that was already booked -sorted it out with MSC UK who said they would advise the TA of the reduced amount so they could issue a new invoice. As we didnt receive anything for a week and it was not our usual TA I sent them copies of the emails confirming the status match and the 5% and whilst they emailed back saying they would look into it we received the amended invoice a few days later.

It was early days then and I dont think they had heard of status match

MSC address is StatusMatch@msccruises.co.uk

HTH

MSC in Sweden and my TA said no first, they said that I should have given them my Voyagers Club number when I booked the cruise.

When I quoted several cruise critic posts they finally said yes so we will get the discount.

Thanks to everyone who has posted about this!!!

Thanks Everyone!! :D What can I use to prove that I'm Platinum with Carnival? Would a picture of my Platinum coloured ship card be ok? Also, what email address should I use to get my Status Match with them? I'm from Canada if that makes a difference. Or would it be better if I called MSC and talked with them directly about it?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Everyone!! :D What can I use to prove that I'm Platinum with Carnival? Would a picture of my Platinum coloured ship card be ok? Also, what email address should I use to get my Status Match with them? I'm from Canada if that makes a difference. Or would it be better if I called MSC and talked with them directly about it?

If you havent sorted this - maybe start here

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Status-Match-Form.aspx

they dont seem to have a Canada office - the link for Canada

goes tp the US site.

Status matched us to Black in January on our first MSC cruise. Got all the perks, some of them twice because we were on for 14 days and they appear to be awarded every 7 days. Had a great time. Only downside was that the only specialty restaurant on Poesia is a Sushi restaurant which we dislike intensely. Other than that, everything was great although the food was not as good as other cruiselines we have tried, but we certainly did not starve 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status matched us to Black in January on our first MSC cruise. Got all the perks, some of them twice because we were on for 14 days and they appear to be awarded every 7 days. Had a great time. Only downside was that the only specialty restaurant on Poesia is a Sushi restaurant which we dislike intensely. Other than that, everything was great although the food was not as good as other cruiselines we have tried, but we certainly did not starve 😀

Great to hear that as we have the 14 day cruises booked for seaside in june 2018. Wondering what black benefits you got twice and what you did not? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Great to hear that as we have the 14 day cruises booked for seaside in june 2018. Wondering what black benefits you got twice and what you did not? Thanks

We got these twice

The sparkling wine

The chocolate strawberries

The dance lesson

The speciality meal for two

Two chocolate ships

Free hour in spa

Captains cocktail party

Fruit basket

Did not get the free gifts and did not bother to ask for them. Think they are luggage tags, hat etc, so ask if they do not turn up.

We got the robes and slippers.

Did not need priority embarkation as we got to the ship late and did all the business actually on the ship. Likewise did not need priority disembarkation as we stayed on the ship until two hours before our latish flight.

Very impressed with MSC loyalty plan.

Also impressed with their drinks package and great internet package. We prebooked internet before the cruise for about £40-ish and it lasted me until we actually left the ship for the last time and I used it a lot.

Thank you for the info. Seems like they treat it as a seperate cruise. Was this cruise out of the united states or europe? I am wondering on the second leg of the 7 day did you have to disembark the ship and go through us customs?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. Seems like they treat it as a seperate cruise. Was this cruise out of the united states or europe? I am wondering on the second leg of the 7 day did you have to disembark the ship and go through us customs?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It was sold as a 14 day cruise out of Barbados. However there were a majority of passengers who embarked at the two French Caribbean ports on 7 day itineraries. Our 14 day cruise was treated as two 7 day cruises for the purposes of the loyalty perks but we did not have to disembark and do customs at end of first 7 days. Hope this makes sense.

It was sold as a 14 day cruise out of Barbados. However there were a majority of passengers who embarked at the two French Caribbean ports on 7 day itineraries. Our 14 day cruise was treated as two 7 day cruises for the purposes of the loyalty perks but we did not have to disembark and do customs at end of first 7 days. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you and it makes perfect sense. I am thinking for the seaside itineraries for 14 nights it will be treated as a b2b. Probably have to file off then file back on in miami.