What if...

Michelle19

As long as you have not passed final payment, you should be able to change. You would lose the SIP & SAIL. We did that for an upcoming cruise. We saved more than we will drink so we gladly gave up the drinks for the money

You asked about a price drop and you didn't say anything about it being part of a new promo so you may well be able to get the price drop and keep your Sip and Sail promo as well. There's no reason not to ask. I would certainly ask. We've received major price drops in the past with no adverse effects. If you have a TA then call and have them get you the lower price while keeping all current perks. If you don't have a TA then call Princess and ask. It's easy to do and, even if they say, "No" you can just wait a bit or even a day and then call back and ask a different person. I've had one rep tell me they couldn't help me at all with something and I just called back 10 minutes later and got someone who said she would be happy to take care if my query right away.

If it's just a price drop and not part of a totally different prom there is really no reason Princess wouldn't just give you the new price and leave everything else the same.

You can definitely rebook (before final payment) and while you lose old promotion you get new pricing and any new promotion going on.

We did that for our upcoming 21-day Med cruise and saved over $1500 pp taking into account lower price and new OBC promotion (and subtracting out what OBC we would lose). :D

Just be sure to check that your deposit is refundable. If it is not, you need, of course, to take that into account.

And I just read on another thread that you can even do this after final payment depending on the numbers.

For instance (according to the other thread) if you rebook within 18 days of final payment, you lose your deposit which could be as little as $100.

Penalty goes up from there so just need to do the math as to whether or not it is worth rebooking

So we are before final payment. I just hung up with them. They did offer the new pricing. Saving us 335.00 pp. However we would loose our drink package. We are thinking about it, but I am leaning to take that price drop. Its pretty darn good to me. I guess it would depend on how much someone drinks to make this decision. We don't drink all that much and I still have a leftover coffee card I can use. So I think our decision is getting easier.. lol

Thanks!

The drink package has a value as well. Many times you can give back the drink package and they will apply some on board credit . It's not 100% of the cost to purchase , I think it is somewhere between 50-60 % of the value. If you look on your cruise personalizer it may list the value there .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So we are before final payment. I just hung up with them. They did offer the new pricing. Saving us 335.00 pp. However we would loose our drink package. We are thinking about it, but I am leaning to take that price drop. Its pretty darn good to me. I guess it would depend on how much someone drinks to make this decision. We don't drink all that much and I still have a leftover coffee card I can use. So I think our decision is getting easier.. lol

Thanks!

They almost always give you the either/or option not both. That's what we found.

We kept the drink package. It was a no brainer. $1500-AIBP versus $300pp price adjustment.

They almost always give you the either/or option not both. That's what we found.

We kept the drink package. It was a no brainer. $1500-AIBP versus $300pp price adjustment.

Oh our drink package was 1149. and it was a price adjustment of 670.00 total. Not as big difference as your experience. Thats why we were thinking so hard about what to do. :)

Oh our drink package was 1149. and it was a price adjustment of 670.00 total. Not as big difference as your experience. Thats why we were thinking so hard about what to do. :)

We originally booked the Sip n' Sail promo more than a year ago for our upcoming cruise, we are always watching for new promos/deals, make a long story short the final package we have minus the sip n' sail, about same price as yours, we saved over $1600 on fare and OBC is now $800, so just keep watching for something new and improved.

You booked a year ago for an upcoming cruise with Sip & Sail promotion and you notice the price has dropped 400. pp.? Goodness, we don't drink that much! Am I missing something here? :o

Thanks so much,

Michelle

I've always thought the value in the AIBP was also more in the other items included and the freedom. We love taking the big water bottles back to the room. The cafe makes great Raspberry Lime Refreshers. Scoops has shakes available. Plus we enjoy the freedom of not have to worry about the cost what we order, we're on vacation. Go ahead and have that after dinner Irish Coffee for $8. (Or whatever price an Irish Coffee goes for these days. )

None of the subsequent promotions have come anywhere near to enticing me to dump the Sip and Sail package. We're booked on a 28 day cruise with 18 sea days. The AIBP will be great to have and no other promo can come close to matching the benefit.

dc79a82a-cecf-4948-a17c-1548a70ac632_zpsf8be2npi.jpg~original