Final payment is tomorrow. Can I still cancel?

quandrea

Thank you. I guess I'm out of luck as my TA isn't in the office until 10am tomorrow morning. I'm so mad at Cunard. TA called me today before putting final payment through to tell me port charges increased $46 per person. There are five of us. I asked her if cruise fare was the same. She said yes. This evening I go onto the website only to find the cost for my two cabins is now $494 dollars cheaper than I paid. I am furious that Cunard had the gall to ask for more money when my fare had gone down. My TA should have caught it. If I could get online on my own tonight, I could cancel and rebook for less, in the cabins I want even! So angry!!!!

When a booking with a US travel agent is made on 'special sale', sometimes the fare is NON REFUNDABLE. And some US travel agents charge a cancellation fee.

While port fees are out of Cunard's control, a travel agent may take liberties and increase the charge so be aware.

Edited by Salacia

Thank you. I guess I'm out of luck as my TA isn't in the office until 10am tomorrow morning. I'm so mad at Cunard. TA called me today before putting final payment through to tell me port charges increased $46 per person. There are five of us. I asked her if cruise fare was the same. She said yes. This evening I go onto the website only to find the cost for my two cabins is now $494 dollars cheaper than I paid. I am furious that Cunard had the gall to ask for more money when my fare had gone down. My TA should have caught it. If I could get online on my own tonight, I could cancel and rebook for less, in the cabins I want even! So angry!!!!

Hi quandrea. So I take it that you did not authorize your travel agent to process your final payment since you objected to the increase port charge of $46 per person? You should have had your deposit refunded if your booking was made in the US.

No harm no foul as I see it.

Salacia

Hi quandrea. So I take it that you did not authorize your travel agent to process your final payment since you objected to the increase port charge of $46 per person? You should have had your deposit refunded if your booking was made in the US.

No harm no foul as I see it.

Salacia

No I authorised the charge. I asked her if the cruise fare was the same (not accounting for port charges which I know can change). She said yes. Then later I checked the pricing online I suppose because I was a bit miffed. Just wanted to take a look. Imagine my ire when I saw the five hundred dollar drop! Had my TA caught that, I would have had her cancel and rebook that afternoon. Never going to use a TA again. I can do better. Now we are 90 days out, not 91 and I think my options have evaporated.

No I authorised the charge. I asked her if the cruise fare was the same (not accounting for port charges which I know can change). She said yes. Then later I checked the pricing online I suppose because I was a bit miffed. Just wanted to take a look. Imagine my ire when I saw the five hundred dollar drop! Had my TA caught that, I would have had her cancel and rebook that afternoon. Never going to use a TA again. I can do better. Now we are 90 days out, not 91 and I think my options have evaporated.

Let the TA know how she screwed up. Give her a chance to make it right.

If she won't or can't, move your booking to Cunard.

Next time pay attention to your booking. Remember, you only have one booking to care for, your TA may have hundreds.

Let the TA know how she screwed up. Give her a chance to make it right.

If she won't or can't, move your booking to Cunard.

Next time pay attention to your booking. Remember, you only have one booking to care for, your TA may have hundreds.

How do I love it to Cunard? At today--the 90 day mark--can anything be done on price?

Such disgusting behaviour from Cunard. I hav until this evening to cancel and rebook. However they are lying to my TA about fares. They are lying about how much I received in paid gratuities, all in an effort to make the price differential seem inconsequential. I will never sail Cunard again, nor will I recommend them. I will be cancelling my 53 night sailing for next year and rebooking with another line.

Such disgusting behaviour from Cunard. I hav until this evening to cancel and rebook. However they are lying to my TA about fares. They are lying about how much I received in paid gratuities, all in an effort to make the price differential seem inconsequential. I will never sail Cunard again, nor will I recommend them. I will be cancelling my 53 night sailing for next year and rebooking with another line.

It seems you got caught up in the 'sale with benefits' scheme that is very popular these days. There are no 'lies' involved, only shrewd marketing schemes.

It happens with all cruise lines, so to avoid it you will need to stop cruising and do land vacations. Wait! Land resorts do the same thing. Drat!

It seems you got caught up in the 'sale with benefits' scheme that is very popular these days. There are no 'lies' involved, only shrewd marketing schemes.

It happens with all cruise lines, so to avoid it you will need to stop cruising and do land vacations. Wait! Land resorts do the same thing. Drat!

No not caught up in any schemes. I added those gratuities the value they deserve. The price discrepancy between my quote online and on her system is a glitch with Cunard's online booking system. They refuse to honour the glitch price, saying their system hasn't updated. I am free to cancel my current booking, but I'd have to book online and lose my dining time and the OBC extended by my TA as she says she couldn't manage the booking. So I'm stuck. Have to rebook with my TA at the lower but not the lowest rate. At this point we are $122.40 apart. I see no reason why Cunard cannot issue me a cheque to cover their glitch.

Edited by quandrea

No not caught up in any schemes. I added those gratuities the value they deserve. The price discrepancy between my quote online and on her system is a glitch with Cunard's online booking system. They refuse to honour the glitch price, saying their system hasn't updated. I am free to cancel my current booking, but I'd have to book online and lose my dining time and the OBC extended by my TA as she says she couldn't manage the booking. So I'm stuck. Have to rebook with my TA at the lower but not the lowest rate. At this point we are $122.40 apart. I see no reason why Cunard cannot issue me a cheque to cover their glitch.

TA is currently redoing the booking. Cunard won't even let me keep my early dining even though that was originally on our booking and my daughter has life threatening allergies. She must eat in the dining room for health reasons and there is no way she can stay up late enough for main dining as she is SIX!

I think it comes down to this: Cunard doesn't want to give the price adjustments and will do their best to make it extraordinarily difficult for the passenger. Never again!

TA is currently redoing the booking. Cunard won't even let me keep my early dining even though that was originally on our booking and my daughter has life threatening allergies. She must eat in the dining room for health reasons and there is no way she can stay up late enough for main dining as she is SIX!

I think it comes down to this: Cunard doesn't want to give the price adjustments and will do their best to make it extraordinarily difficult for the passenger. Never again!

When you cancel a booking, everything attached to it usually is cancelled, too, and has to be set up again. That's why they said you couldn't KEEP it. But you might be able to get it again. What happened after the TA rebooked you?

When Cunard had that "little" data release a few years ago, I was one of the affected passengers. It took several iterations of my confirmation before they found everything. I almost had to pay a lot more for my airfare, but I was able to get them to "find" the correct price. Finally, they did get all of it put back together again. It was one of the rare times I'd booked direct with Cunard, and I'm glad I did. Having to use a TA (and mine is excellent) as an intermediary would have made the whole process take longer.

TA suggested I call direct. Called my rep that I've worked with in the past. Left a message detailing issue. Two minutes later my TA calls back with news that Cunard will honour the lowest price. Not sure if my call made the difference or not. Still hoping for early dining but hopefully medical services can work that out with the dining room. Also put another call into my contact requesting help on that matter. So all ends well but not without a major fight. And I agree. Having the TA as an intermediary made all this more difficult.

Hmmm! You say "you will never sail Cunard again" yet you kept the booking. I'm afraid you are now going on this cruise with a very negative opinion of Cunard. Will you have a good time or will you continue to look for issues to complain about that will ruin your trip.

Hmmm! You say "you will never sail Cunard again" yet you kept the booking. I'm afraid you are now going on this cruise with a very negative opinion of Cunard. Will you have a good time or will you continue to look for issues to complain about that will ruin your trip.

Believe me if I could have cancelled I would have. However my air is paid for as is my travel insurance. I could not cancel as insurance would only kick in due to death or illness. Will it wreck my trip? The bloom is off the rose. It would have been far better if Cunard had responded in a fair way from the outset instead of fighting me tooth and nail.

And I have cancelled my world cruise for 2017. A $60 000 booking. Very foolish on Cunard's part indeed. It was a terrible way to deal with a repeat client. Until today I had a favourable opinion of Cunard.

Edited by quandrea

Hi there,

We're also traveling with a 6 year old. He has his dinner at around 4.30/5pm so we plan to order him room service, then pack him off down to the kids club for the evening while we enjoy dinner. Apart from a couple of late nights on the formal evenings, as we want to get dressed up :D

Hi there,

We're also traveling with a 6 year old. He has his dinner at around 4.30/5pm so we plan to order him room service, then pack him off down to the kids club for the evening while we enjoy dinner. Apart from a couple of late nights on the formal evenings, as we want to get dressed up :D

Great idea. Our daughter can only eat in the main dining room as that is the only venue where they can guarantee a nut, peanut and kiwi kitchen. Her meals will all be specially prepared. I'm hoping I can work it out with medical services.

Great idea. Our daughter can only eat in the main dining room as that is the only venue where they can guarantee a nut, peanut and kiwi kitchen. Her meals will all be specially prepared. I'm hoping I can work it out with medical services.

We're in the same situation (Ana to all dairy, nuts and tree nuts. Also allergic to all pulses and chickpeas, egg that's not baked and kiwi fruit) and have been told to avoid the buffet, not that we would anyway though. Not really a fan of buffet food.

I would think room service would be acceptable though, as they'll be aware of your daughters allergies and preparing her food accordingly.

We always pack an extra epi-pen when travelling ;)

We're in the same situation (Ana to all dairy, nuts and tree nuts. Also allergic to all pulses and chickpeas, egg that's not baked and kiwi fruit) and have been told to avoid the buffet, not that we would anyway though. Not really a fan of buffet food.

I would think room service would be acceptable though, as they'll be aware of your daughters allergies and preparing her food accordingly.

We always pack an extra epi-pen when travelling ;)

Is that your little one? Lots to deal with. I will check on room service as that option would be great. Cunard has told us to carry five epi pens. We always have four--her dad needs them too--so will probably leave it at that. I will feel better once the dining is squared away.

Have you always been okay on ships?

Edited by quandrea

Yeah, my wee boy. He's all good and Cunard have said they'll have dairy free ice cream on board for him :p

My plan once we board is to give the staff an idea of what he likes to eat and when, then we can set a routine for the trip. For example, he's an early riser, so we'll order him breakfast (cereal) in the room each morning at 7am, then my husband and I can get ready while he's eating and then we can all go along to the restaurant together for our breakfast, and he can have some toast.

I'll try and let the them know the day before what he'd like for lunch and dinner, but again, room service for dinner at approx 5pm.

We travel in just over 3 weeks and I'll be posting lots of photos and reviews from the family perspective on my instagram and facebook page: 3tickets2theworld :D

Edited by ClanMcLean

Yeah, my wee boy. He's all good and Cunard have said they'll have dairy free ice cream on board for him :p

My plan once we board is to give the staff an idea of what he likes to eat and when, then we can set a routine for the trip. For example, he's an early riser, so we'll order him breakfast (cereal) in the room each morning at 7am, then my husband and I can get ready while he's eating and then we can all go along to the restaurant together for our breakfast, and he can have some toast.

I'll try and let the them know the day before what he'd like for lunch and dinner, but again, room service for dinner at approx 5pm.

We travel in just over 3 weeks and I'll be posting lots of photos and reviews from the family perspective on my instagram and facebook page: 3tickets2theworld :D

Thank you for this. I've been in touch with onboard services but you have stated it all so clearly here. I too will familiarise them with her routine and irk with them. The dairy free ice cream sounds wonderful. It will suit my little girl as it is nut free. This is our first cruise knowing about the allergy. I'll be following you on Instagram. Have a wonderful time.