MSC Voyager Club Discount Booklet

canny_cruiser

Shock, horror, hold the front page............

The discount booklet was actually waiting for me in my cabin on the 19th. Nothing to indicate there are different booklets for different club levels - just "MSC Voyagers Club - Special Offers - Save up to 50%"

And what an amazing selection of offers - NOT!

I'll list them for you:

20% off 480mins or 1440mins internet package;

Buy 1 massage and get 50% off a second massage;

Buy 1 massage and get 10% off perfumery - minimum purchase €/$50;

Buy 2 perfumes (min purchase €/$70 and get 10% off a massage or a spa treatment;

20% off an MSC logo shoulder bag;

Spend €/$ 30 or more in the logo shop and get €/$5 discount;

Spend €/$100 in the Perfumery and get €/$10 discount;

Free Speciality Restaurant dinner for two (beverages not included) when you spend €/$1000 (yes, that's not a typo - 1000) on jewellery;

10% discount on minibar;

15% discount on a tailor-made private tour booked on at onboard excursion office;

50% on ITV cabin movies except adult films;

But 2 tickets for movies in the 4D cinema and get 50% discount on the F1 Simulator;

20% discount on a la carte food menu in the speciality restaurant for two - pnce per cruise, in the first 48hrs of cruise;

Discount on My Cruise DVD -10% silver level, 20% gold level, 25% black level;

Same discounts for embarkation photographs;

Same discounts for digital accessories in Photo Shop;

Gala package - opt for a hair salon service and enjoy free ironing for a perfect gala evening;

And that's it, folks! Now, don't all rush. Form an orderly queue to present your vouchers, please!

Shock, horror, hold the front page............

The discount booklet was actually waiting for me in my cabin on the 19th. Nothing to indicate there are different booklets for different club levels - just "MSC Voyagers Club - Special Offers - Save up to 50%"

And what an amazing selection of offers - NOT!

I'll list them for you:

20% off 480mins or 1440mins internet package;

Buy 1 massage and get 50% off a second massage;

Buy 1 massage and get 10% off perfumery - minimum purchase €/$50;

Buy 2 perfumes (min purchase €/$70 and get 10% off a massage or a spa treatment;

20% off an MSC logo shoulder bag;

Spend €/$ 30 or more in the logo shop and get €/$5 discount;

Spend €/$100 in the Perfumery and get €/$10 discount;

Free Speciality Restaurant dinner for two (beverages not included) when you spend €/$1000 (yes, that's not a typo - 1000) on jewellery;

10% discount on minibar;

15% discount on a tailor-made private tour booked on at onboard excursion office;

50% on ITV cabin movies except adult films;

But 2 tickets for movies in the 4D cinema and get 50% discount on the F1 Simulator;

20% discount on a la carte food menu in the speciality restaurant for two - pnce per cruise, in the first 48hrs of cruise;

Discount on My Cruise DVD -10% silver level, 20% gold level, 25% black level;

Same discounts for embarkation photographs;

Same discounts for digital accessories in Photo Shop;

Gala package - opt for a hair salon service and enjoy free ironing for a perfect gala evening;

And that's it, folks! Now, don't all rush. Form an orderly queue to present your vouchers, please!

Interesting Canny!!! Out of that entire list,,I can see us using the internet discount and possibly the 50% off second massage,,,not a whole lot to excited about though,,,,Just wanted to know what Club Level you are Canny so we can see if the discounts vary between levels,,,,,Thanks for posting!!!!!!:)

Interesting Canny!!! Out of that entire list,,I can see us using the internet discount and possibly the 50% off second massage,,,not a whole lot to excited about though,,,,Just wanted to know what Club Level you are Canny so we can see if the discounts vary between levels,,,,,Thanks for posting!!!!!!:)

I'm the same as you Mike, vast majority of that of zero interest to me. So maybe save around €100 on the internet and second massage. Compared to losing 3 or 4 times that on the reduced cruise discount.

Pretty mean to that the speciality restaurant has gone from 100% any time during the cruise to just 25% on first 48 hours.

Thanks for letting is know canny cruiser.

As long as they don't raise price for cruising and don't downgrade food and service level or show quality , I don't really care for any other perks. To be honest MSC had most beautiful program and it was easy to get points but i guess they could not keep up with it. Now they just as any other cruise company . :confused:

As long as they don't raise price for cruising and don't downgrade food and service level or show quality , I don't really care for any other perks. To be honest MSC had most beautiful program and it was easy to get points but i guess they could not keep up with it. Now they just as any other cruise company . :confused:

Don't worry the downgrading of food has already started JMO.

Annie

Pretty mean to that the speciality restaurant has gone from 100% any time during the cruise to just 25% on first 48 hours.

AmoMondo:- That perk is still there for BLACK card members so you can still have your nice meal (the last item on the image). The change affects GOLD and SILVER members, who used to get 25% and 10% respectively, with no limit on the number of times they could use it.

voyager%206.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Don't worry the downgrading of food has already started JMO.

Annie

I started cruising many years ago and I can say downgrading stared on all cruise lines and long time ago( :mad: I can remember midnight buffet every day) Then once a week then 0 ) LOL High tea time was nice touch but now even on X it's only for "VIP " cruisers . :rolleyes:

I started cruising many years ago and I can say downgrading stared on all cruise lines and long time ago( :mad: I can remember midnight buffet every day) Then once a week then 0 ) LOL High tea time was nice touch but now even on X it's only for "VIP " cruisers . :rolleyes:

Midnight buffet is gluttony JMO but you can still eat in a restaurant 20 out of 24 hrs on MSC.

Afternoon tea - frankly who cares.?

I enjoyed MSC because prior to my recent Divina cruise the pasta and risottos were always available as a separate course. Maybe it was because of the 'Americanised' menus on Divina but this is no longer hold true.

That was a USP for MSC sadly lost.

I am realistic enough to know that if MSC are to pay for these Mega ships, something has to give.

Low prices, generous discounts etc could not be maintained and again JMO.

Am I surprised by all these changes? No

Disappointed- a little but over it.

Annie

AmoMondo:- That perk is still there for BLACK card members so you can still have your nice meal (the last item on the image). The change affects GOLD and SILVER members, who used to get 25% and 10% respectively, with no limit on the number of times they could use it.

voyager%206.jpg

Pete

Happy Yas and we still get priority at tender ports.

Midnight buffet is gluttony JMO but you can still eat in a restaurant 20 out of 24 hrs on MSC.

I enjoyed MSC because prior to my recent Divina cruise the pasta and risottos were always available as a separate course. Maybe it was because of the 'Americanised' menus on Divina but this is no longer hold true.

I am realistic enough to know that if MSC are to pay for these Mega ships, something has to give.

Annie

Very well said Annie, I totally agree.

Canny cruiser .................... thank you for posting the list of discounts. So good to get an idea of the new "benefits" so soon.

I always took advantage of the discount on laundry as I'd get a lot of clothes ironed at the beginning of the cruise. As it's not on the list, I'm going to take greater care when packing. Ironing isn't cheap onboard and the discount softened the prices a bit!

Mairi ............... the complimentary specialty dinner comprises a "taster menu"!! You would have a lot of experience of the old 100% discount across a number of ships. I only had it once as I was Black for the first time on my last cruise. The menu wasn't limited - I'm sure that would have been your experience, too. It seems that they took the knife to every benefit.

The priority tendering is a benefit for Gold members and up - now that others who are loyal to other brands will have an entry level at Gold, us MSC loyalists will have to share the benefit with those who've never sailed MSC before!!!!

I'm pretty sure it's the same booklet for everyone and the only differnce between levels are the different discount rates for the photoraphs, DVD.

Tonight is my 100th so I turn Black.

I have actually already received an invite to a Black drinks reception tonight. They are doing all they can to put people off attending e.g the dress code tonight is "theme" Italian flag colours but the drinks invite says Dress Formal. Also,it is being held up in the disco on deck 16 whichn is one of the most inaccessible areas on this ship!

Also got a card to present at the MSC Club desk to get a gift.

Edited by canny_cruiser

Canny cruiser .................... thank you for posting the list of discounts. So good to get an idea of the new "benefits" so soon.

I always took advantage of the discount on laundry as I'd get a lot of clothes ironed at the beginning of the cruise. As it's not on the list, I'm going to take greater care when packing. Ironing isn't cheap onboard and the discount softened the prices a bit!

Mairi ............... the complimentary specialty dinner comprises a "taster menu"!! You would have a lot of experience of the old 100% discount across a number of ships. I only had it once as I was Black for the first time on my last cruise. The menu wasn't limited - I'm sure that would have been your experience, too. It seems that they took the knife to every benefit.

The priority tendering is a benefit for Gold members and up - now that others who are loyal to other brands will have an entry level at Gold, us MSC loyalists will have to share the benefit with those who've never sailed MSC before!!!!

The laundry is not in the booklet but there is a flyer for everyone for 2 packages. Will post details for you next time i'm on-line.

I'm pretty sure it's the same booklet for everyone and the only differnce between levels are the different discount rates for the photoraphs, DVD.

Tonight is my 100th so I turn Black.

I have actually already received an invite to a Black drinks reception tonight. They are doing all they can to put people off attending e.g the dress code tonight is theme" Italian flad colours but the drinks invite says Dress Formal. Also,it is being held up in the disco on deck 1 'whichn is one of the most inaccessible areas on this ship!

Also got a card to present at the MSC Club desk,to get a gift.

Congratulations on achieving Black!!

Thanks for the updates - looks like they want the "Black" party to be a dressy affair and setting the tone. Interesting that you've been invited as it seems your status was upgraded during the cruise.

Let us know what the "gift" is. I wonder is it the one for being at Gold when you embarked, or will you get the one for Black level? Perhaps it won't matter if it's the same regardless :confused: I'm sure I'll find out soon as I'm at Black and DH is at Gold so we'll each receive one.

Edit: Just seen your response to the laundry issue. The package (I'm assuming) is the 20 items for €25 for wash, dry and fold. I don't use it - I liked the discount I got for having clothes ironed - if that's been discontinued I may have to curtail the number of items I usually get done as ironing service is pretty pricey onboard!

Edited by Beamafar

Annie

I don't need to eat 20 hours a day or missing midnight buffet, I am just saying things been cut out from all cruise lines. Formal tea I really loved and I do care .

I don't need to eat 20 hours a day or missing midnight buffet, I am just saying things been cut out from all cruise lines. Formal tea I really loved and I do care .

Again JMO the cruise lines maybe over indulged passengers in the past??

If we don't want to pay higher fares, something has to give??

Annie

PS just popping out for afternoon tea as I do most weeks - really nothing special.

They still do afternoon tea on Carnival on sea days free for everyone. Was very upset that Celebrity now only offered it once on a 13 day cruise and only for Elite members.

They still do afternoon tea on Carnival on sea days free for everyone. Was very upset that Celebrity now only offered it once on a 13 day cruise and only for Elite members.

HAL still do afternoon tea - well that is what they call it.

It wouldn't pass muster in Scotland.

The scones are a joke - honestly they are a quarter of the size I bake and tea made with a teabag in a cup??

I don't intend to upset people but if the ships can't do it right, don't do it all - you are just setting yourself up for a fall. JMO.

Annie

HAL still do afternoon tea - well that is what they call it.

It wouldn't pass muster in Scotland.

The scones are a joke - honestly they are a quarter of the size I bake and tea made with a teabag in a cup??

I don't intend to upset people but if the ships can't do it right, don't do it all - you are just setting yourself up for a fall. JMO.

Annie

Annie I am originally from England and love my tea. I always insist on a teapot and milk (not cream) LOL. I bring my own Yorkshire Tea teabags whenever I travel.

I agree no-one knows how to make scones although at one time I did offer to show them.

Compared to my last Fantasia cruise almost 3 years ago, no downgrade in food. Yes, the main course was not a large size but you can easily have seven courses at dinner.

I found the service level was actually higher on this latest cruise. The bar staff greet you and remember your drinks. The Red Velvet staff at dinner had time to interact with you. Maybe I was just lucky as I did read a review from a couple of weeks ago which said they were too busy to interact. I take late sitting - maybe that made a difference, though restaurant was full as I believe ship was sold out last week.

Edited by canny_cruiser

I remember the midnight buffet too! Never ate much but used to take pics of the gorgeous ice sculptures.

Yes, the laundry offer was xx items for €xx. Have a feeling it was 20 for €30 now but didn't pay much attention as on a 7 night cruise I can manage without.. Agree about pressing, it was almost as dear as dry-cleaning, though I did use to find the packages useful on my long "Grand Voyages".

Course, you can't really beat Cunard when it comes to afternon tea. Had quite a nice one on the Azamara Quest but I was the only customer so no "ambience" whatsoever!