Can I use $400 SBC from coupon referral and SBC from my TA on my June cruise?

allyg

Unless there are special circumstances and you have written confirmation from Seabourn the answer is no. On the back of the coupon it specifically states it is not combinable with other OBC's. The only exception I am aware of is the Carnival Shareholder credit. Pick which ever is larger and use that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to disagree but any OBC you get from your TA is like cash and is combinable with the the referral credit. The TA is paying for that credit our of his/her own pocket so does not conflict with what SB is giving you. It's only other OBCs like the Amex $300 credit you get for a Platinum card that is not combinable.

I have both a TA funded credit and a Virtuoso credit. Is the Virtuoso credit combinable with the SB referral credit?

The TA funded credit is like cash and combinable. The Virtuoso credit is not supposed to be although it has been known to happen. 🤔

Well just make sure it is a TA credit and not a credit passed through them from Seabourn. Often times people think they are one and the same.

Yes, good point. For our next cruise SB offered OBC as part of the deal. If going through a TA it could seem like it is from the TA.

So, if Seabourn is providing OBC and we are first time cruisers on Seabourn, can we get the $400 OBC in addition to the Promotional Seabourn OBC?? Thought the no combining only applied to the Amex Credit and not promotional Seabourn OBC??

Thanks,

No you cannot use a Seabourn promotional credit with the Newbie referral credit. Here is exactly what it says on the back of the coupon " only one referral credit per booking. Referral credits are not combinable with any other onboard credit."

So, if Seabourn is providing OBC and we are first time cruisers on Seabourn, can we get the $400 OBC in addition to the Promotional Seabourn OBC?? Thought the no combining only applied to the Amex Credit and not promotional Seabourn OBC??

Thanks,

No, definitely not. I've just been through this with someone who I referred. They had a promotional credit of $400 from SB and I did say to them it was very doubtful that they would also get $400 referral credit. Nevertheless, I sent the voucher off as the friend insisted it would be OK. It was a big fat NO from Seabourn and to be honest, it does spell it out on the back of the referral voucher, as Chairsin says.

It's very simple. If Seabourn is paying for the OBC in any form or fashion you cannot combine more than one, Your TA can five you a fifty thousand dollar OBC if he/she wishes and is willing to pay for it an it is combinable with whatever SB gives you.

Sorry, perhaps I am missing something but I still don't have a clear answer on the Virtuoso OBC. It is definitely not paid by SB but also not directly from the TA. So should I waste my time submitting a referral credit or not? Would calling SB Club be the best way to clarify this? Hoping to hear from someone who has been successful in combining the Virtuoso OBC with the $400 SB referral credit.

Many thanks

Well if it not paid by your Virtuoso TA nor Seabourn who is paying for it?

The reason this "simple" matter is often complicated is because many TA's unfortunately make it appear as if they are being magnanimous in giving a client and OBC when it really is an incentive they are passing through from Seabourn. Sunprince I suggest in order to put this matter to rest for yourself you call your TA and ask them directly who is paying for the OBC. Frankly I prefer what my TA does in just giving me a bigger discount on the cruise fare which then frees me to use a Referral OBC.

There is a difference between an OBC given by a consortium like Virtuoso which does it in partnership with SB and an OBC completely paid for by an individual TA. It's only the latter which is combinable.

Indeed, this is another important piece of info regarding who's funding the OBC: in addition to your TA vs SB, there is also the consortium to which your TA may belong.

The first time I encountered this, I was confused about whether the "consortium" means that the OBC is funded by a third party (i.e. not SB). However, I later found out the consortium's OBC was funded by SB and thus was non-combinable with any other OBC, except for the shareholder's credit, of course, which is combinable with anything.

It's very simple. If Seabourn is paying for the OBC in any form or fashion you cannot combine more than one, Your TA can five you a fifty thousand dollar OBC if he/she wishes and is willing to pay for it an it is combinable with whatever SB gives you.

That isn't always true. Because of a price drop, I received this confirmation from my TA, that Seabourn WOULD combine a Seabourn credit with the OB referral credit.....

I have now received a response from Seabourn, they have advised that unfortunately they are not offering a reduction in the price on this occasion and the offer of $366 per person of on board spend is the only offer.

They can confirm that this is combinable with the referral on board spend once they receive the referral voucher and the on board spend is added to your booking............

I called Seabourn Club today (yes, I called rather than bother my TA). I was told rather clearly that any credit/benefit funded by Seabourn would appear on the customers "pricing page" of the booking. He told me that my benefit did not show on the pricing page and was noted as an "amenity". This makes sense since we had the choice of a Virtuoso special excursion or an OBC ( we declined the excursion).

Bottom line is that my Virtuoso OBC is not funded by SB and is combinable with the referral credit. The SB Club rep offered to send me a referral coupon and I confirmed (by asking more than once) that my Virtuoso benefit was combinable. The true test will be when I submit it!

Hope this provides some clarity to a very confusing issue.