First timer's Bermuda must-do's

irrelephant

Hello! We will be on the Breakaway to Bermuda this June. We definitely want to do Tobacco Bay for snorkeling and Horseshoe Bay for relaxing. Any other must see things to do on our three days in Bermuda? Maybe a boat tour? It will just be my husband and I.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've only been once but quite enjoyed a leisurely horse carriage tour in St. George! Lots of information about what it's like to live on the island, went thru a residential area, stopped and let us pick native flowers from a bush, another stop at the sea glass beach where we were allowed to take a piece each. Just really worth it!

Also, Crystal Caves was neat. (You only need to do one of them though.). And at the same bus stop is the original Swizzle Inn where you can get local fare and try the famous drink.

i greatly enjoyed the swizzle in and walking down to tom moores jungle. its one of those things you cannot do many other places in the world. also i wanted to do helmet diving but it was canceled due to weather. it looks very cool. i think you should try it

If you are beach or water people, we have been to Bermuda twice and absolutely loved each time. I have a list of places we went in my signature link if you are interested in looking at some of them and they are loaded with tons of pictures of the beaches and places we went. You might see something you like.

One thing that we REALLY enjoyed was doing a jet ski tour with H20. They showed us around (even cruised right by the ships for some awesome pictures) and then after the tour was over, we rented a boat from them and went out on our own. It was AMAZING and so much fun! We went to a deserted private island and had the place to ourselves. It was just a really great day. :)

If you are beach or water people, we have been to Bermuda twice and absolutely loved each time. I have a list of places we went in my signature link if you are interested in looking at some of them and they are loaded with tons of pictures of the beaches and places we went. You might see something you like.

One thing that we REALLY enjoyed was doing a jet ski tour with H20. They showed us around (even cruised right by the ships for some awesome pictures) and then after the tour was over, we rented a boat from them and went out on our own. It was AMAZING and so much fun! We went to a deserted private island and had the place to ourselves. It was just a really great day. :)

Do you know if there is an age limit for going on a rented boat? We'll be travelling with a 9 month old and are considering this.

Do you know if there is an age limit for going on a rented boat? We'll be travelling with a 9 month old and are considering this.

No sorry, I don't know if you there is. We had younger children, but not that young. You could send them a message and see what they say.

I don't know if every rental company has the same rules, but KS Watersports has a minimum passenger age of one year old:

http://www.kswatersports.com/about-us/faq/

"Minimum age requirement as a passenger on our rental boats is 1 years old. We do not allow infants and children under 1 year old onboard our boats, due to safety reasons."

I don't know if every rental company has the same rules, but KS Watersports has a minimum passenger age of one year old:

http://www.kswatersports.com/about-us/faq/

"Minimum age requirement as a passenger on our rental boats is 1 years old. We do not allow infants and children under 1 year old onboard our boats, due to safety reasons."

Thank you. I'll check with the place I was looking at, but I'll expect that answer.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

H2O replied back. They do not have a minimum age requirement for their boats. They do not provide infant/baby life jackets and recommend bringing our own which we would do.

"Our 17ft Twin Vee motorboats are easy to maneuver and there is no age minimum required. Your little girl will enjoy the gentle rocking of the waves. ;) We provide life jackets for small children, not for babies/toddlers however and advise you to bring your own. When you arrive, we will give you a brief orientation of the boat and point out interesting sites & places to stop on a map and off you go! You'll have a blast exploring Bermuda's west end! "

We very much enjoyed this tour - may do it again this year!

http://www.bermuda.com/famous-homes-hideaways/

___________________________________________________________________________________

Last summer, we did this tour as well. It was really, really well done. Very charming, informative and quite

relaxing. We did it on the last day, before we sailed, as we didn't want to wander too far from the ship. It worked out perfectly.

Good for young and old.

I'm going to Bermuda for the first time in s Celebrity cruising leaving April 30th. There are so many things to do we have to decide which ones are on the top of the list. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've only been once but quite enjoyed a leisurely horse carriage tour in St. George! Lots of information about what it's like to live on the island, went thru a residential area, stopped and let us pick native flowers from a bush, another stop at the sea glass beach where we were allowed to take a piece each. Just really worth it!

Also, Crystal Caves was neat. (You only need to do one of them though.). And at the same bus stop is the original Swizzle Inn where you can get local fare and try the famous drink.

What is the name of the horse carriage ride you took?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure of the name. But as you walk up the path into the town area from where the ferry drops you, they will be parked right there, just waiting for customers. It wasn't something we booked in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is Water Street and the carriages have been picking up at the corner of Water Street and King's Square. Easy to find. I don't think anyone books in advance.

9004a2aac7158876344b28b2e8b27639.jpg

Yes! That's them! Thanks for the photo! And if you continued straight from the path from the dock you will come out right there between the wooden balcony (left) and yellow building (right).

Thank you