Restaurant Reservations aren't sticking...

Portolan

There was definitely no "save" button. Instead, the following message was on the website when I was booking (copied from the website):

"If you see (Reserved) next to a time below, that is the time of your existing reservation in this restaurant. If you do not see (Reserved) below, then you have an existing reservation in this restaurant on a different night, or a reservation in another restaurant on this same night. Selecting a new time will cancel your existing reservation."

And, you will see this when your reservation is complete:

"Mar 26, 2017: Miami

Reservation in Chartreuse"

There has never been a "save" button for dining reservations.

TC,

You saw my post #23 before I changed it. After you select a dining time, you have to click on a button labled "Reserve" that functions as a"Save" button.

When you make a reservation, there should be a button below the available reservation times that is labled "Reserve."

There is a Reserve button, but that just sets the single reservation. What us unsuccessful types are wondering is whether those who succeeded had some kind of "done with all reservations, click here to accept all" button.

Edited by Portolan

There is a Reserve button, but that just sets the single reservation. What us unsuccessful types are wondering is whether those who succeeded had some kind of "done with all reservations, click here to accept all" button.

Scott,

Once I clicked the "Reserve" button, the reservation was complete. A separate email confirmation was sent to me after each reservation was made. There wasn't any other button to click signifying that the reservation session was finished. If I remember correctly, there is such a button when you make shore excursion reservations. I returned to the cruise summary page in my account and under the "my to do list" it said, "3 of 6 Dining Reservations Completed."

Scott,

Once I clicked the "Reserve" button, the reservation was complete. A separate email confirmation was sent to me after each reservation was made. There wasn't any other button to click signifying that the reservation session was finished. If I remember correctly, there is such a button when you make shore excursion reservations. I returned to the cruise summary page in my account and under the "my to do list" it said, "3 of 6 Dining Reservations Completed."

Dave,

Everything happens exactly like you describe EXCEPT no confirmation email and when I return to the site it lists no booked reservations. Clearly something is internally amiss with the way they got our cruise in the system (and some other folks' for that matter).

We had no issue at all with shore excursions several months ago.

Oh, and the Regent office is opening an hour later today because of the extended holiday weekend.

Oh, and the Regent office is opening an hour later today because of the extended holiday weekend.

They actually opened at the normal time (8:30 EST). Being a trust, but verify, kind of guy, I tried them "early" and got through. Reservations have now stuck though I'm still waiting on the confirmation email.

Good to hear that Regent is able to fix the problem so quickly (at least by phone). You east coasters do have an advantage when it comes to calling Regent when they open (5:30 a.m. our time). OTOH, we can book reservations at 9:00 p.m. instead of waiting until midnight (if the system is working).

Out of curiosity, for those of you that have not sailed on the Explorer yet, was there a particular restaurant that you were more anxious to book than the others?

Were the Regent reps aware that people were having problems with reservations and did they say anything about fixing the problem?

When I contacted Regent this morning, I mentioned the disappearing reservation problem. The agent said they were aware of the problem and had sent a fix-it ticket to IT.

Out of curiosity, for those of you that have not sailed on the Explorer yet, was there a particular restaurant that you were more anxious to book than the others?

Pacific Rim. We were great fans of Latitudes and have missed it ever since. We realize Pacific Rim is much different, but Regent is way overdue for some Asian influence in our humble opinion.

We've read all the reports for cruises on the Explorer and understand that PR may not appeal to all...good for us as we hope to be there several times over our 24 day cruise in March/April.

And, other than apologizing, there was no explanation from the Regent agent about the web site problems for some of us. We'll be trying again in 13 days for our second segment (not "married" to the first since booked much earlier though we did get the B2B discount). I will be unsurprised to have to call again.

Edited by Portolan

Scott, thank you for responding to my question. Apparently Pacific Rim is the most popular "new" dining venue. We were also lovers of Latitudes (still have the menu). While PR isn't, as good as I remember Latituldes to be IMO as good as Latitudes, there are some things that I really like - the lobster tempura for instance. Also love the sake choices.

Looking forward to hearing your review!

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone tell me the time of day (in what time zone) we are able to log on to make dining reservations? I think I am remembering 9am Eastern Standard but could be mistaken.....Thanks!

It's midnight Eastern.

Regent Dining Reservations = Phone Call.

I've never been able to get reservations set up right. It's especially troublesome if you're trying to get tables for 4 under two separate bookings. Mine showed up as reserved and then cleared out after the page refreshed. And the available times are ALL messed up.

A 5-minute call to Regent and everything was done. Both couples, the times and dates we wanted (which showed as Unavailable online) and email confirmations.

Regent Dining Reservations = Phone Call.

Yeah, good advice. We (unsurprisingly) had the same experience for the Barcelona-Venice segment of our B2B as I reported earlier for the first segment. Hard to understand why this function doesn't work (for some/many, at least) when the excursion booking has always worked for us and that would seem to be a more complex operation.

Experienced same problem on three different cruises. Direct contact with Regent agent to redo the reservations, however they showed little interest in addressing/resolving the underlying problem. Most recently sent email explaining problem again - response was from information.rssc and set a temporary password while they "investigated" the issue. Not holding my breath for satisfactory response. Interestingly, when I logged into account with temp password, my upcoming cruise (2 months out) had disappeared. Was promised a status/update after talking to a "Supervisor"