Restaurant Reservations aren't sticking...

Portolan

Today we are officially 90 days from boarding the Explorer for the first time (yeah!) for the March TA and restaurant reservations have opened up. I went in and made our selections with each showing as reserved in the list of cruise dates on the left. Got exactly what I wanted. Left the site and expected a confirmation email as we've gotten in the past. Nothing. Several hours later, returned to the web site and it shows no reservations. Tried again, same result (though one earlier time I "reserved" was no longer available. So either this is working for others (explaining the missing time) or our reservations are ghosts in the machine, using up time slots, but without confirmation. Regent is closed today. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Anyone else have this happen? Or, more likely, anyone else on the TA having luck today?

Jim B posted on Roll Call that he couldn't even get into Regent's system to make reservations. I went online at 11:20 PST and was able to make reservations (and received email confirmations). Just checked to insure that they are still there (they are). Think I'll check again in a week or so.

Have you tried making the reservations again? There seems to be an ongoing problem with dining reservations. On our November cruise, several people were talking about "missing reservations".

Hope that you get it straightened out - at least you know that you aren't the only person having issues with booking dining reservations. The downside is that will likely be a lot of people calling Regent tomorrow since they have been closed for three days. Can your TA help you?

Today we are officially 90 days from boarding the Explorer for the first time (yeah!) for the March TA and restaurant reservations have opened up. I went in and made our selections with each showing as reserved in the list of cruise dates on the left. Got exactly what I wanted. Left the site and expected a confirmation email as we've gotten in the past. Nothing. Several hours later, returned to the web site and it shows no reservations. Tried again, same result (though one earlier time I "reserved" was no longer available. So either this is working for others (explaining the missing time) or our reservations are ghosts in the machine, using up time slots, but without confirmation. Regent is closed today. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Anyone else have this happen? Or, more likely, anyone else on the TA having luck today?

This happened to me some time ago trying to book reservations on the October-November Explorer cruise. If you search on Regent web site problems here on CC I think you will find that this is not a new problem. The only solution I could find was to call Regent. That resulted in some haggling to get reservations that supposedly had been reserved on the web site.

When it comes to a website, Regent is definitely far from a luxury experience.

Same problem here; rather annoying.

edited to add: Tried again; success! Best news is that system knows we are allowed six reservations for back to back.

edited further to add: Still won't allow us to add additional guests to reservations. :(

Marc

Edited by Marq

Luckily I haven't had the disappearing reservation problem. The restaurant reservations I booked last night on the TA segment are still there. I wonder if the fact that I stay logged in to my Regent account is relevant. Is anyone who has the disappearing reservation problem staying logged in or is everyone with the problem logging out after making reservations?

Of course since this is the Regent website, nothing is perfect. ;) I'm on the Miami to Venice cruise so I'm entitled to another three reservations on the Barcelona to Venice segment. The account summary of the cruise shows that I've made three of six reservations. All the dates of the second segment are shown but when I try to make a reservation for the Barcelona to Venice segment, I get a message saying that doing so will cancel the existing reservation on the TA segment. So the account summary knows the cruise consists of two segments while the reservation page thinks the cruise is only one segment. :eek:

I guess I'll be on the phone to Regent Tuesday morning.

Luckily I haven't had the disappearing reservation problem. The restaurant reservations I booked last night on the TA segment are still there. I wonder if the fact that I stay logged in to my Regent account is relevant. Is anyone who has the disappearing reservation problem staying logged in or is everyone with the problem logging out after making reservations?

Of course since this is the Regent website, nothing is perfect. ;) I'm on the Miami to Venice cruise so I'm entitled to another three reservations on the Barcelona to Venice segment. The account summary of the cruise shows that I've made three of six reservations. All the dates of the second segment are shown but when I try to make a reservation for the Barcelona to Venice segment, I get a message saying that doing so will cancel the existing reservation on the TA segment. So the account summary knows the cruise consists of two segments while the reservation page thinks the cruise is only one segment. :eek:

I guess I'll be on the phone to Regent Tuesday morning.

The problem I experienced was that if I logged out and logged back in the reservations were not there. The reservations that I booked showed that they were reserved on the web page. I'm not sure how one can rely on the reservation actually being in the system if you don't log out and then log back in to confirm that the reservations is actually made.

The problem I experienced was that if I logged out and logged back in the reservations were not there. The reservations that I booked showed that they were reserved on the web page. I'm not sure how one can rely on the reservation actually being in the system if you don't log out and then log back in to confirm that the reservations is actually made.

It's possible that logging out and then logging back in is causing the system to erase your reservations. I rely on the fact that the system sends me a confirmation email for the reservation as well as the fact that you can call Regent for confirmation of your reservations.

Did you receive confirmation emails?

My first two are GONE again; but yes, it (temporarily) said 2 of 6 reservations made.

Marc,

Have you tried making a reservation in one restaurant on both segments of our cruise? As I said, the system knows I'm entitled to six reservations but will not allow me to make more than one reservation in each specialty restaurant.

Dave

It's possible that logging out and then logging back in is causing the system to erase your reservations. I rely on the fact that the system sends me a confirmation email for the reservation as well as the fact that you can call Regent for confirmation of your reservations.

Did you receive confirmation emails?

No, I didn't receive email confirmations as I recall. If you get an email I would assume the reservation is there.

The first time around when making reservations I didn't even think anything about an email confirmation. Just noticed a few days later when I went back to look at reservations, that there were no reservations. It was only then that I discovered that the whole process was not working. I could book something and log out and log back in and it would disappear.

Not a new problem. It has happened to me twice. Now I make sure and save the confirmation emails. And make sure you get a confirmation email. You should get it immediately after the reservation is made. If you don't get it, the reservation is not saved.

Tried again based on others' reported success. Same problem. Even navigating away from the restaurant page to another booking caused the reservations to disappear. Clear evidence that it is working for some/many/most since at least one of the time/date combinations we booked earlier isn't offered.

Looks like calling is the only option for us.

Have your travel agent call regent. He will get the reservations confirmed. It has been a glitch for a while now and I guess it has not been fixed. I'm boarding in two days. When I made them they looked like they went through but they

never stuck. So I called my TA who had the same problem then called Regent and now I'm all confirmed.

Have your travel agent call regent. He will get the reservations confirmed. It has been a glitch for a while now and I guess it has not been fixed. I'm boarding in two days. When I made them they looked like they went through but they

never stuck. So I called my TA who had the same problem then called Regent and now I'm all confirmed.

When I had this problem, I called Regent directly. It took a bit of negotiation with the person I spoke with to come up with suitable reservations as the times I had originally "reserved" were no longer available. If you go through your travel agent, you may have some back and forth calls with your agent if Regent can't or won't provide what you had originally booked. If I hadn't gotten what I wanted, then I would have gone through my travel agent to see if that route would be more successful.

There is a whole CC thread on this problem back in September and Regent was aware of the problem, so wonder why it hasn't been fixed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2396528&highlight=restaurant+reservation

Do you need to do anything special after making reservation in order to get email? Do you get a separate email after each reservation?

I am getting "reserved" but they disappear; i wonder if there is a "save" button that is not showing up on my Mac.

A TA that regularly books Regent cruises has at least one contact person at Regent Corporate (not Customer Service). I have no doubt that our TA could figure this out for us without the necessity of multiple phone calls. I'm sure that some posters on this thread understand this and will solve this issue easily tomorrow. Fortunately, in our case, our reservations did not disappear.

Do you need to do anything special after making reservation in order to get email? Do you get a separate email after each reservation?

I am getting "reserved" but they disappear; i wonder if there is a "save" button that is not showing up on my Mac.

I wondered about the same thing. No button to finalize the selections. Tried with 2 (non-Mac) computers and different browsers. When I look at our last Regent cruise, there were separate emails for each reservation so it appears that should happen as soon as you click Reserve for each restaurant.

I'll call because 1) in the same time zone as Regent (TA is in California), and 2) easier to make a decision if exactly what we want isn't available.

I think you are correct. As best as I can recall, in troubleshooting some of this with Regent, there should have been a "save" button that was not showing up on computer screen.

I think you are correct. As best as I can recall, in troubleshooting some of this with Regent, there should have been a "save" button that was not showing up on computer screen.

When you make a reservation, there should be a button below the available reservation times that is labled "Reserve."

Edited by DaveFr

I don't remember a "save" button for restaurant reservations lately. There is a "save" button for excursion reservations.

There was definitely no "save" button. Instead, the following message was on the website when I was booking (copied from the website):

"If you see (Reserved) next to a time below, that is the time of your existing reservation in this restaurant. If you do not see (Reserved) below, then you have an existing reservation in this restaurant on a different night, or a reservation in another restaurant on this same night. Selecting a new time will cancel your existing reservation."

And, you will see this when your reservation is complete:

"Mar 26, 2017: Miami

Reservation in Chartreuse"

There has never been a "save" button for dining reservations.

This is what I posted in September when I was having a problem:

"It seemed that there was a problem because the web site did not display a confirmation button or some sort of button that had to be clicked to finalize the reservation. But the reservation would show up as confirmed in an area near the top of the screen nevertheless. Supposedly this glitch was reported to the IT department at that time. Not sure if this might be the same problem that other people are having."

That information is what I was told when I was troubleshooting the process with a Regent rep at the time I reported the problem.

This may or may not be part of the problem people are experiencing now. Whatever the cause, the solution will involve talking with Regent to fix the problem.