Clamshell Location Question

If i remember correctly, they are only to your right once you get off the tender. You can snorkel over there as well.

You bring your ticket over to the hut near the clamshells. They will let you pick one and then open it up for you. We usually give him a couple of $ for helping us out. It is then yours for the day.

Enjoy..

They were to the right as you got off the tender. The clamshell hut guy was sort of unhelpful (we had prereserved) and the attendant we then tracked down was also lackadaisical. These seemed like locals, not Princess employees. Finally when we got it, after some confusion, it was nice, yes. But there was areas with trees for shade, which is all I needed, so I decided I wouldn't bother with a clamshell again. The locals with the clamshells were not up to Princess standards.

We rent a clamshell every time we hit the cays. We have never had a problem with friendly service at all. Once you get to the beach there will be a stand and when you turn in your ticket you can get one of the fellows to unfold your clamshell on the beach in your choice of location. They are covered so there is 100 percent protection from the sun and some privacy too. Once it is set up you are just steps from the beach so you can swim and snorkel at your desire! Enjoy!

We had a clam shell on our last cruise. We walked to the left after getting off the tender. Lots of clamshells near the snorkelling area with the pier. There was also a nice bar for refreshments just before the pier and the All inclusive drinks package is good for Princess Cay, but not the Soda package.

We got off fairly early so had the choice. We stood with our voucher and a chap came and unlocked the shell for us. Also. If you check around in the sand at the back of the shell there is a little pole you can use to keep the back of the shell elevated a little this really helped with a through draft as it can get a little hot inside.

Edited by jackieo

On our December Regal Princess cruise we reserved a clam shell as many of us frequent cruisers do. We got our tender tickets, waited a few minutes for our number to be called, and once the tender filled we were on our way - or so we thought! Chug, chug, clunk, clunk. The tender "died" about 200 feet from the ship. The tender driver attempted to restart it again and again, while the strong waves and current pushed the boat away from the ship. Finally, another tender was launched [i would have been OK with a tender to tender transfer], but we were towed back to the ship, re-scanned, sent upstairs, then downstairs, endured some nasty comments from passengers who thought we were pushing ahead in the tender line, then scanned again as we boarded another tender. Needless to say, this took about an hour and a half.

By the time we arrived, we went to the right. I had a few "not too nice words" for the ships' photographers who were using the bridge to photograph passengers and blocked us from crossing. By the time we got to the kiosk, we were told to go in the opposite direction as all the shells were sold. Geeze, how about posting a sign to that effect? We weren't the only ones who were annoyed. Finally got a clam shell, but it was not near any of the snorkeling areas. As the day progressed, we both noted how hot the clam shells became. By lunch time, we gave up the shell, and found two lounge chairs under a palm tree, adjacent to a covered beach structure - nice breeze, very comfy.

Next cruise - off the ship ASAP to snag a clam shell or find a palm tree.

Darcy

If i remember correctly, they are only to your right once you get off the tender. You can snorkel over there as well.

You bring your ticket over to the hut near the clamshells. They will let you pick one and then open it up for you. We usually give him a couple of $ for helping us out. It is then yours for the day.

Enjoy..

Yes, facing the island they are only on the right side getting off the tender over the bridge.

Yes, facing the island they are only on the right side getting off the tender over the bridge.

In March/April of last year, there was clamshells on the left side, too. Directly opposite the snorkel area. It was the first time that we had seen them there.

In March/April of last year, there was clamshells on the left side, too. Directly opposite the snorkel area. It was the first time that we had seen them there.

I hesitated before I posted because I thought I may have seen them there before but thought they kept them on one side. We stay away from them because they block the view.

I hesitated before I posted because I thought I may have seen them there before but thought they kept them on one side. We stay away from them because they block the view.

There were none in that little bay, but they were all located to the far side of the jetty, and in front of the rental shack, and toward the bungalows.

Nothing blocking the view from the loungers under the palms or on the sand of that furthest bay.

Will see if anything has changed in March/April of this year.

We went in January and there were shells on the left the day we were there .