Does RCI read these posts?

And you saw a couple responses that reinforced what you want to believe, so you concluded that it was a "consensus" that they don't really care about customer feedback; only about profit. That's pretty common, not just on this forum, but others as well, that some people just look for reinforcement of what they already want to believe. And, there are always the people who get their feelings hurt and then want to exaggerate how mean the forum is.

Regardless of the forum, you'll pretty much always find people to agree with you. You'll always find people who are nice. You'll always find people who are a bit snarky or rude. You'll always find people who take a little joke as being snarky or rude. You'll find all kinds of people. That was my point.

And some are all of the above. :rolleyes:

I think the trend is real.

I don't think the leadership cares or they would have fixed the issues.

I understand the need to attend to the bottom line, but in the past, you increased profits by improving your level of service. Apparently that has changed and it's all about phony sales and cutting corners.

I'm looking forward to the Virgin group starting cruises out of Miami, and we're definitely looking more at other lines than we did in the past.

I don't complain about many things, but if Royal Caribbean started serving this, I would be VERY upset! :eek:

64c8bbf2ab1403ef72fd1c34c9421dc5.jpg

These things are taking over the world.

If we did start serving them for breakfast, we could solve world hunger.

I totally agree with everything you said in your post. It's a shame people can't voice their own opinion, good or bad, without being labeled either a cheerleader or complainer.

The cruise lines probably read these posts as a place for entertainment. With bookings and profits way up, why would they care what people write?

Completely agree. I posted the truth about how bad the vibration was in my room and there were some who basically called me a liar or that I exaggerating. Really? I stopped coming here and will try again but I am not holding our hope. :(

I understand the need to attend to the bottom line, but in the past, you increased profits by improving your level of service. Apparently that has changed and it's all about phony sales and cutting corners.

I'm looking forward to the Virgin group starting cruises out of Miami, and we're definitely looking more at other lines than we did in the past.

The Virgin Group? Is there someplace to check these guys out?

And what exactly is "wrong with it" from an RCCL perspective? The ships are sailing full and the earnings report is favourable. What's to "improve" unless it decreases costs and increases revenue?

As far as I can see RCCI are actually having problems filling the ships sailing from the UK, all 4/5 sailings from Southampton by the Explorer of the seas is still heavily adveretising, and cost cutting. Not one is as yet sold out. I have just got off the Explorer, and although it was stated that it was fill, I do not believe it, in fact I know that there was a number of cabins on various decks that were not occupied.

I rarely post comments these days, but a few of the posts here are so silly that someone needs to speak up.

To state that the cruise lines don't care about customer input is a bit harsh. NCL reversing its recent policy change on bringing food to your cabin and the delayed Dynamic Dining programs are two recent policies/program changes due to customer input. Do people really think that the emphasis on filling out the surveys (especially when they were paper and everyone got them) is some kind of scam program to make cruisers feel good?

Also, to call the Crown & Anchor Program a "rag tag" effort that cost RCCL "pennies" is somewhat ridiculous as well. As a Diamond, I received a $225 balcony discount on my next cruise and will enjoy 3 free drinks every evening of that cruise. Hardly "pennies"!

I've cruised a lot over the years and yes, have noticed cutbacks. I'm sure RCCL would love to serve fllet minion and Maine lobster each night. But in today's reality of higher fuel, food, and labor costs, as has been pointed out, they are a business and have to balance pleasing their shareholders and customers.

Perhaps this is the reason they have put up the cost of the drinks, to pay for the free drinks and other thinks that Diamond plus members get. I am a platinum member, I get almost nothing. What I do get would not make me stay loyal.

At two meet and mingles I've heard crew members mention that Royal does read this forum. How much, or how often? I don't know for sure. When I was on Jewel out of San Juan in May of 2014, Elvis the Activities Director specifically said that corporate told him anytime his name got mentioned.

As far as I can see RCCI are actually having problems filling the ships sailing from the UK, all 4/5 sailings from Southampton by the Explorer of the seas is still heavily adveretising, and cost cutting. Not one is as yet sold out. I have just got off the Explorer, and although it was stated that it was fill, I do not believe it, in fact I know that there was a number of cabins on various decks that were not occupied.

I read this as maybe they need to send her somewhere she would be appreciated. Then you can commiserate with the folks in CA who don't have ships anymore. :rolleyes:

I am a moderator on a message board for fans of a major Division 1 school (take a wild guess ;) ), and I do know that they will periodically take a look to get a pulse of what some fans are saying. They won't look at every single thread, but if there is something of concern, they do know about it.

About 95% of the threads on here are redundant, so RCCL doesn't have to look at every single one. But in this age, companies do need to know what is going through the minds of their customers, especially the loyal ones. And I'm sure there are several people that monitor these boards on occasion.

Ohio State? :p I too am a moderator of a forum of hot tub owners/perspective owners. We have a lot of manufacturers come in too look around and some help, but with my moderator abilities I cane see whom is just lurking. Quite a few.

Completely agree. I posted the truth about how bad the vibration was in my room and there were some who basically called me a liar or that I exaggerating. Really? I stopped coming here and will try again but I am not holding our hope. :(

There are a million people here, at least one thinks Elvis is still alive and a cruise director somewhere. If I stopped going anywhere or using something that has disparaging remarks I wouldn't leave the house.

I read this as maybe they need to send her somewhere she would be appreciated. Then you can commiserate with the folks in CA who don't have ships anymore. :rolleyes:

Well as from next year RCC are cutting there ship which sails from Harwich, Celebrity are also cutting there ship from this port as well. No reason given, Harwich is a good port, easy to park, train station right on dock, it have never taken me more than 15mins to get on board at this port. Yes Independence is back at Southampton where she belongs, along with Navigator. However I see they are sailing to the same old places again, no variation. its getting boring.

Well as from next year RCC are cutting there ship which sails from Harwich, Celebrity are also cutting there ship from this port as well. No reason given, Harwich is a good port, easy to park, train station right on dock, it have never taken me more than 15mins to get on board at this port. Yes Independence is back at Southampton where she belongs, along with Navigator. However I see they are sailing to the same old places again, no variation. its getting boring.

Closed loop 7 day cruises fro major population centers have limited places to visit. You don't think the folks in FL think the Caribbean is boring by now.

Closed loop 7 day cruises fro major population centers have limited places to visit. You don't think the folks in FL think the Caribbean is boring by now.

Its not just 7 day cruises, its 11, 12, 14 day cruises as well. I'm not saying that people in FL don't get fed up with their offerings, I'm quite sure they do. Its getting to the stage that its all getting very boring and sameish. With all the money that is being made why is it that they can't find a few new places to go each year. If they don't do something soon then a lot more people will be thinking the same as I do. Oh not this place or that place again.

Hi Lawgirl, thanks for your question. We are constantly monitoring feedback from our guests coming in through multiple channels, and sharing it with our leadership teams. We understand that a lot of changes are being made, and appreciate the honest feedback we receive from our guests.

Sounds like a lot of talk to me. Is this the only way you know whats going on in your company is by reading this message board if that's true you you guys are in trouble. I f you are constantly monitoring feed back then why haven't steps been taken to correct the problems.And why does it taken so long I know why just tell the masses what they want to hear and it will quit them down for a while:eek:

Its not just 7 day cruises, its 11, 12, 14 day cruises as well. I'm not saying that people in FL don't get fed up with their offerings, I'm quite sure they do. Its getting to the stage that its all getting very boring and sameish. With all the money that is being made why is it that they can't find a few new places to go each year. If they don't do something soon then a lot more people will be thinking the same as I do. Oh not this place or that place again.

I guess, but it was all newbies on Freedom last week. Cuba looks like the only new destination for us.

FWIW, almost every place out of South Hampton will be new for me.

The Celebrity Cruises Official poster on the Celebrity board has confirmed that they are part of a social media group who monitors these boards as well as all social media. There are several people who post under that user name.

I imagine that Royal username works the same way.

The X rep(s) appear to be more active though with 687 posts to their credit.

Just because the Royal username is not actively posting/responding doen't mean they are not reading here.

On the X board, the X rep has been quite helpful (who knows - it might even be the same group of people managing both usernames.

I believe there is a very real RCI presence here. They may not post, but you can bet they lurk. It's in their best interest to.

Let's face it folks, this is a business. Bottom line is everything. They are consistently working on attracting new customers while maintaining existing. I am quite certain there will always be cut backs to better their bottom line. Some we see, others we don't. With rising costs, it has to be done. Competition these days in the cruise industry is fierce. With many mainstream lines going towards and "all-inclusive" type style with their offers of free beverage packages, gratuities...etc. they are attracting more and more first time cruisers, as well as snagging brand loyal customers from other lines...which is a brilliant move IMO.

Once upon a time, the target market was the upper crust....now it's everyone. The new breed of cruisers tend to not spend what the original did....let's face it, there are posts and posts and posts on tips and tricks to save money. Sailing at capacity these days brings in far less on board spending than it did years ago. Profits just aren't what they used to be. Enter...cutbacks. ALL the mainstream cruiselines are cutting back where they can. RCI is not the only one.

I believe there is a very real RCI presence here. They may not post, but you can bet they lurk. It's in their best interest to.

Let's face it folks, this is a business. Bottom line is everything. They are consistently working on attracting new customers while maintaining existing. I am quite certain there will always be cut backs to better their bottom line. Some we see, others we don't. With rising costs, it has to be done. Competition these days in the cruise industry is fierce. With many mainstream lines going towards and "all-inclusive" type style with their offers of free beverage packages, gratuities...etc. they are attracting more and more first time cruisers, as well as snagging brand loyal customers from other lines...which is a brilliant move IMO.

Once upon a time, the target market was the upper crust....now it's everyone. The new breed of cruisers tend to not spend what the original did....let's face it, there are posts and posts and posts on tips and tricks to save money. Sailing at capacity these days brings in far less on board spending than it did years ago. Profits just aren't what they used to be. Enter...cutbacks. ALL the mainstream cruiselines are cutting back where they can. RCI is not the only one.

I believe in the Tooth Fairy. :sly:

I believe in the Tooth Fairy. :sly:

Please check the roll call you started for Serenade of the Seas. You have it as April 17th and I believe it should be April 7th, 2017. I am almost certain I read this is the 2nd half of your B2B retirement cruise. I have been searching for Roll Call for April 7, 2017.

Grace

Please check the roll call you started for Serenade of the Seas. You have it as April 17th and I believe it should be April 7th, 2017. I am almost certain I read this is the 2nd half of your B2B retirement cruise. I have been searching for Roll Call for April 7, 2017.

Grace

Thanks for checking. First leg March 27, second leg is April 7. I did have it under wrong ship, but moderators corrected that. :eek:

Will see if I can get that fixed as well

Edited by John&LaLa

Agree.