Hi from the Royal

Murphey

Do you know how long MD Generoso will be onboard please? We enjoy sailing when he's on too. Enjoying your posts. (Sorry duplicate post -the 1st one disappeared! then returned.) Must need a cruise.

Edited by NeptuneSeas

Generoso Mazzone in my opinion is the best Maitre D' that Princess has. In all the years that I have known him I never met anyone who didn't like him.

He is always willing to help you.

Tony

I found him to be somewhat arrogant and aloof. Saw him once in the late seating MDR on our entire cruise (Ruby Princess T/A 2011). Just my observations as I am fully aware that many see him as walking on water.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I found him to be somewhat arrogant and aloof. Saw him once in the late seating MDR on our entire cruise (Ruby Princess T/A 2011). Just my observations as I am fully aware that many see him as walking on water.....

Bob

We are amongst the group of cruisers who really like Generoso. He has done good things for us and we have seen him do the same for others.

Hi Bob, I just can't believe it in all the years that I have known Mr. Generoso you are the first person to say something bad about him. When my wife got sick on our cruise and had to get off the ship he came by every night to ask my family how she was. To me that says a lot about how nice a man he is.

Tony

I'll say this about the guy, how he remembers everyone's name is a mystery to us. Every time we ran into him, a hearty hello and greeting by name. Who ever the maître d' is has never been a plus or minus for us, but this guy did impress us.

Hi Murphy sounds like things have gone well on the cruise for you. Was on this cruise part way with you until June 11. Wondered if you were able to get to the cinque terre as we bantered about that way back before the cruise began. I was concerned about how long the day might be. Loved our part of the cruise, 3 weeks, but do think Princess has to rethink the menu approach on the sailing around the Med. A 2 week rotation would mean most people would not see a specific menu more than twice

Hi Murphy sounds like things have gone well on the cruise for you. Was on this cruise part way with you until June 11. Wondered if you were able to get to the cinque terre as we bantered about that way back before the cruise began. I was concerned about how long the day might be. Loved our part of the cruise, 3 weeks, but do think Princess has to rethink the menu approach on the sailing around the Med. A 2 week rotation would mean most people would not see a specific menu more than twice

You have to remember that very few people have the luxury of being able to do B2B cruises. Most people consider themselves lucky to do a 7 day cruise, especially in the Med. So, it's highly unlikely that you'll see different menus. In order to get that you need to book a single longer cruise that isn't sold with multiple segments.

You have to remember that very few people have the luxury of being able to do B2B cruises. Most people consider themselves lucky to do a 7 day cruise, especially in the Med. So, it's highly unlikely that you'll see different menus. In order to get that you need to book a single longer cruise that isn't sold with multiple segments.

Actually many of our fellow cruisers were on for at least 2 weeks and a substantial number for longer. I booked it as a 21 day cruise not as a series of b2b's. This issue was the single most commented about by the longer cruisers. It was not a deal breaker as there are multiple options on each night but those of us who have sailed often with Princess know that they own more than 7 menus and felt a greater variety would have been appreciated.

That's all

On the upside they gave me three elite drink setups, two of which I traded in and my coffee card worked all 21 days.

Glad you had a great cruise! Not to belabor the point, lets say there were a hundred passengers on B2B cruise, that leaves approximately 2,900 passengers..

Any way you look at it... This is why it's great to have so many other options! I hope I can do one of these one day!

Glad you had a great cruise! Not to belabor the point, lets say there were a hundred passengers on B2B cruise, that leaves approximately 2,900 passengers..

Any way you look at it... This is why it's great to have so many other options! I hope I can do one of these one day!

Clearly you missed what I said. Of the 3600 on board at least 1/3 or more were on cruises of greater than 2 weeks. Please do not make up numbers when you were not present. Most of these had booked as either 14 or 21 day cruises, not as b2b that is why the discussion came up.

Sorry Murphy for stealing your thread. No mas.

Clearly you missed what I said. Of the 3600 on board at least 1/3 or more were on cruises of greater than 2 weeks. Please do not make up numbers when you were not present. Most of these had booked as either 14 or 21 day cruises, not as b2b that is why the discussion came up.

Sorry Murphy for stealing your thread. No mas.

The "problem" on these 7 day cruises is that there is a set Embarkation and Farewell menu as well as the two formal night menus with filet and shrimp one night and lobster and beef Wellington on the other. They typically do the Chef's dinner and then there is the Italian night, the only named theme dinner left on the roster of 30 or so potential menus. Some people like the prime rib on the embarkation menu but the farewell dinner has an America can theme that makes no sense in Europe. I wouldn't mind if one or both of those were replaced with something else on alternating weeks. This would make sense on cruises also sold as 14, 21 or even 28 day cruises.

We having been following your trip and would also be interested in any thoughts about Cinque Terre. Was the day too long and did you see enough?

Considering ship's tour vs private. Thanks

Hi Bob, I just can't believe it in all the years that I have known Mr. Generoso you are the first person to say something bad about him. When my wife got sick on our cruise and had to get off the ship he came by every night to ask my family how she was. To me that says a lot about how nice a man he is.

Tony

I think that Generoso is so gracious and welcoming to everyone. Princess is fortunate to have him and so are we. Alice

Yes, we made it to Cinqua Terra by Princess tour. It was a long day for me and it was very, very crowded, so I'm not sure a private tour would have been any better. Plus the boats weren't running, that was a disappointment. Are we glad we went? Yes, mostly because we had heard so much about it and would have always wondered. But, we have traveled extensively through out Italy by land and there are many, many just as lovely spots. So, I guess in total, I was underwhelmed.

The menus; yes a 14 day rotation seems to be a better idea. We mixed it up with some other dining choices. Plus, we were lucky enough to get invited to the MTP party each week, so that was another dining "venue".

We having been following your trip and would also be interested in any thoughts about Cinque Terre. Was the day too long and did you see enough?

Considering ship's tour vs private. Thanks

See my above comments...they may or may not be helpful! :) Would be happy to answer any other questions!

Edited by Murphey

See my above comments...they may or may not be helpful! :) Would be happy to answer any other questions!

Hopefully we'll have no tourist hordes and sunny weather for Cinque Terre :).

Was the ferry/motorboat cancelled due to inclement weather, mechanical/logistic difficulties, or holiday/strikes?

So you took trains both directions? Were they at least on time?

Also who / how is the RP Cruise Director?

Have an independent happy holiday.

Aloha & Molte grazie, dott

Hopefully we'll have no tourist hordes and sunny weather for Cinque Terre :).

Was the ferry/motorboat cancelled due to inclement weather, mechanical/logistic difficulties, or holiday/strikes?

So you took trains both directions? Were they at least on time?

Also who / how is the RP Cruise Director?

Have an independent happy holiday.

Aloha & Molte grazie, dott

The water was a little choppy, but didn't look bad to us. But we heard somewhere that it doesn't take much to stop the boats.

The trains run all the time, so timing isn't much of an issue. In retrospect we should have gotten on the train ourselves and gone back to one of the villages that we did not tour during our free time. We would have had time.

Ron Goldman was the CD. He is very well liked and as CD's go, pretty good. Kelle his asst., was also very good.

Happy 4th to you too!