drinks charges

alias tel

Hi as a first time cruiser, this may be a silly question but I am confused. How do you know what is free on board and what isnt ?

website for the cruise line. :) It will list what is free or an upcharge on your ship.

Pop, alcohol, specialty dining all cost more.

Meals at the buffet main dining, etc are all included in your fare.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi as a first time cruiser, this may be a silly question but I am confused. How do you know what is free on board and what isnt ?

If you ask for something and they need your ship keycard, it's probably not free.

You need to ask this on the MSC board here, as there are different drink packages and what's included may depend on the 'experience' you booked. With MSC it also depends on whether you are sailing in Europe or from the US. EM

As others have suggested, you can start by reading the FAQs about drinks on your cruise line's website. But their explanations can be quite confusing and oh by the way it may vary from ship to ship and week to week on the same line. Not to worry. At the dinner table or a bar or the pool, simply show the attendant your card and tell him/her that you want to know if such-and-such is included in your package. They will figure it out. No need to feel out of place when you ask such a question, very experienced cruisers don't understand the rules either. Just ask.