Can't decide on what length of cruise

Ok thinking of taking the kids (just me and my 3 aged 7,17, and 15 at time of cruising) on a cruise next summer. It would be there 1st one.

What do you think is better a 5 night cruise and having either a suite or 2 adjoining cabins. Or a 7 night with all of us in an ocean view cabin.

I've been flip flopping between the 2 options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am in the longer equals better crowd. But do whichever makes you more comfortable.

I agree, the longer cruises tend to be better. Shorter are party cruises. 4 in a cabin is fine as long as you are organized. You can use the gym showers, if you need to. We are only in our room to sleep and shower, so sleeping arrangements have never been a big deal. I actually preferred being stuffed in a cabin (all 5 when kids were young/pre-k and young elementary). It made for great memories!

What ships are you considering? That would make a difference as to the size of the cabin. If you are considering the Magic, Dream, Breeze, or Vista they have a Deluxe Oceanview that basically has 1 1/2 bathrooms. The 1/2 bath has a sink and a Jr. Tub/Shower combo. The other full bath has a shower, sink and toilet just like a normal cabin. Look online on Carnival to see the layout.

What ships are you considering? That would make a difference as to the size of the cabin. If you are considering the Magic, Dream, Breeze, or Vista they have a Deluxe Oceanview that basically has 1 1/2 bathrooms. The 1/2 bath has a sink and a Jr. Tub/Shower combo. The other full bath has a shower, sink and toilet just like a normal cabin. Look online on Carnival to see the layout.

The magic was one I was considering. Are all the oceanviews like that with the split bathrooms?

Just nervous cause I've only been on one cruise and it was just me and hubby in a balcony.

The Ocean view rooms are more roomy than balcony cabins. The average size of the OVs on the Magic are 220 sq. feet and the balconies are also a total of 220 sq. feet, but 35 sq, feet is the balcony leaving 185 sq. feet of interior space. I think you will do fine with the four of you in an OV on the Magic.

The kids will likely enjoy too the longer cruise. And more family bonding time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we do the 5 nights cruise (looking at one of the sunshine) we will probably come down a couple days early. My oldest is a science but and would love to go to the space centre for a day. We wouldn't have time to do that if we do a 7 night.

I'd do the seven night - not because of length - but because the longer cruises tend to have a more family-centered atmosphere. I've been on a 5 night carnival cruise inside with 4. It was doable, but I told my husband never again - the configuration of the inside 4-person means that a bunk will be above you no matter how you configure beds. That was too claustrophobic for me. In most OV and balcony there is only one pull-down bed and it is above the sleeper sofa = a lot roomier feel. Also, the pool (on shorter cruise) seemed to be overtaken with drunk adults a lot of the time.

If most of your teenagers are boys, I'd go for the balcony room as it would give you a nice experience (balcony) and enable some to sit out on balcony to give privacy for the others getting dressed. If you have mostly girls, I'd pick an OV for the extra 1/2 bath.

I'd do the seven night - not because of length - but because the longer cruises tend to have a more family-centered atmosphere. I've been on a 5 night carnival cruise inside with 4. It was doable, but I told my husband never again - the configuration of the inside 4-person means that a bunk will be above you no matter how you configure beds. That was too claustrophobic for me. In most OV and balcony there is only one pull-down bed and it is above the sleeper sofa = a lot roomier feel. Also, the pool (on shorter cruise) seemed to be overtaken with drunk adults a lot of the time.

If most of your teenagers are boys, I'd go for the balcony room as it would give you a nice experience (balcony) and enable some to sit out on balcony to give privacy for the others getting dressed. If you have mostly girls, I'd pick an OV for the extra 1/2 bath.

The teenagers are one boy, one girl, and the seven year old is a boy. So we're evenly split lol. If we did a 5 night we would have 2 cabins. My biggest concern is the teenagers disturbing the little guy (or being annoyed by him) and just being cramped.

The shorter cruise is mid week so I was hoping for less of a party atmosphere.

But the week long would be really nice.

The magic was one I was considering. Are all the oceanviews like that with the split bathrooms?

I'm not 100% sure that all of the OV's are that way on the Magic but the ones that are are identified as "Deluxe Oceanview" but Carnival's website has deck plans and graphics as to what the cabin layout looks like.

I would definitely say the 7 day, especially with it being the Magic. Lots for them to do! We have a gap in ages too like you, and we've done 4 in a room. We just let our younger daughter play on an iPad while we were in the room, and I never had to listen to ANY fighting. The entire week! We don't even get that at home in our 3,000 sq ft house! The only time we were really in the room was for getting ready times and sleeping.

My experience has been that the 5 night cruise is a good deal price wise per person per night. The money conscious who look at only the total cost vs per night cost and partiers go on the shorter 4 nighters. Alot love the 7 night. I would not hesitate to do the 5 nighter combined with the land trip.

When our family of 5 cruised together, we booked inside cabins - kids in one and us next door. Our first cruise was 5 nights and it was fine, but I prefer 7 nights. We just weren't ready to leave the 5 nighter.

So for my budget we can either do a week on the magic going to amber cove, st thomas, San Juan, and grand Turk in a single ocean view.

Or we could do a 5 night on the sunshine in 2 adjoining ocean view rooms. Going to amber cove and grand Turk If we did this I would also stay 2 night near the port/cocoa beach area so we could spend a day at the space centre. I think my oldest would really like to see that.

I wouldn't have time to do the space centre if we did a seven night.