Back from Bermuda Cruise on Summit 4/30 - 5/7

Cinerama

First time on Celebrity. Mostly cruise on Princess.

Drive from Cromwell, CT to NJ was about 2.5 hours. Not bad with construction on exit 14A.

Embarkation was slow. In line around 11 and on the ship at 12:30.

Met Captain Kate and her officers at the Cruise Critic get together. She's funny and very nice

We had OV cabin 3128 with a very large window. My wife said she would rather have the large window close to the sea than a balcony. You can see more with the window.

Had anytime dinning. Long lines no matter what time we got there. We had reservations so, once we got to the desk we went right in and got a table for two each time.

Got hamburgers at the pool grille when in port. I see another post that says they are now going to charge $10.

I was surprised that the main show room was not full on two of the shows we saw. Good in that we didn't have to show up 30 minutes early to get a seat.

We had the free booze perk. Only paid the difference at the Martini Bar.

Did a free gallery tour. After the tour they offered a discount - (was $70 for the two of us) for Tuscany. We never pay extra for our meals but this was enjoyable.

Seas were only rough on the last day.

Disembarkation was fast. Went up to lounge at 8:45 and called our number at 8:50.

Amazing we were in cabin 3128 right after you! We love the cabins with the extra large windows and always book them on Millenium class ships. Next year we are doing the New England cruise in cabin 3122.

We loved Captain Kate. We met her at cruise critic and again at Cafe Albacio where she served coffee for about 45 minutes one afternoon. Unfortunately looks like she will be on vacation when we cruise in September 2018.

Glad you had a nice time aboard my favorite ship. My DM and I also enjoy the OV cabins where you were, and those extra large windows are a plus. we're switching it up a bit for our cruise this September and sailing in a 2A, but the next trip will be back in that area. That stretch of cabins feels more private since there's little to no foot traffic in that area except for debarkation. Capt. Kate is a gem, as are many of her bridge staff.

Glad you had a great time but how do you see more out a window than a balcony?

J.

Unless you lean forward on the balcony railing you can't see on the sides or what's below you. See the picture below? You have tunnel vision.

Intro-Pic-6-Edited-Custom.jpg

We're onboard in just over 2 weeks- would love more input about your experience- we're in 3016- don't know if it also has a larger window- how was the live entertainment ( not the shows)- poolside/ before/ after dinner/ late night

Thanks

We did the Mother's Day Cruise on Summit 7 Night Bermuda May 2016.

Special $5 a day Prem Drink Package, $70 for two total!!!

32288398924_c543313e76_b.jpg

CaptDave

Hi Capt Dave,

tell us more about this $5/day drink package. I have never seen it before. Was this only a special for your cruise or is it something new they are offering? Thanks!

We did the Mother's Day Cruise on Summit 7 Night Bermuda May 2016.

Special $5 a day Prem Drink Package, $70 for two total!!!

32288398924_c543313e76_b.jpg

CaptDave

Nice photo! Where was this photo taken from, if I may ask? Tourists are allowed up there for this view?

Nice photo! Where was this photo taken from, if I may ask? Tourists are allowed up there for this view?

Royal Navel Dockyard, The Keep (Bermuda Museum). Right next to Summit, visit on last day (you will be very very close).

32993641182_a7c451ae75_b.jpg

CaptDave

:) How was the food on summit. How many formal nights///are suits or jackert AND TIE GOOD

The food is good no matter what you choose. Buffet, MDR, poolside grill, pizza, are all good. Qsine and Tuscan Grille are a cut above but they are pay. Sushi on 5 is a la carte and pretty good. There are no longer formal nights on Celebrity. They have been replaced by "evening chic". Some people get more dressed up, but it is not required. They other nights are smart casual. You will not feel out of place dressed to the nines or just casual. No shorts or t-shirts in MDR, Blu, Luminae, Qsine, or Tuscan for dinner.

There is a Bermuda webcam that shows the port.

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

It is on 24/7 and the camera will scan the dock and the ships sailing in and out

It is a good way to pass some time people watching as they come and go. It will also give you a idea on how the ships dock. The ships always dock at the same location.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

:) How was the food on summit. How many formal nights///are suits or jackert AND TIE GOOD

Food was fine. Did the buffet or the pool grill for lunch on port days and ate salads. All other meals were in the MDR and they were all good. On Chic nights people were dressed up. Mostly business causal although some wore suits or tux's.

Royal Navel Dockyard, The Keep (Bermuda Museum). Right next to Summit, visit on last day (you will be very very close).

32993641182_a7c451ae75_b.jpg

CaptDave

We did a tour of it. Lot's of information and not just about military and wars.

We're onboard in just over 2 weeks- would love more input about your experience- we're in 3016- don't know if it also has a larger window- how was the live entertainment ( not the shows)- poolside/ before/ after dinner/ late night

Thanks

Your forward, we were aft. You can seen from the picture below that your windows will be smaller.

Joe and Liv were very good, mostly Irish songs. The house band Jim Beam were just OK. The singer didn't have much range but the Sax player was good.

cover-celebrity-summit.jpg