Change of travel companion

azam71209

First of all my sincere sympathies on the loss of your husband.

I am happy to hear Oceania issues are resolved.

I feel certain the airline will do right by you. Call again. They may ask for something in writing, perhaps a copy of the death certificate. We've had legacy airlines waive change fees and rebook based on our verbal word that a family member was hospitalized.

I feel certain the airline will do right by you. Call again. They may ask for something in writing, perhaps a copy of the death certificate. We've had legacy airlines waive change fees and rebook based on our verbal word that a family member was hospitalized.

Delta was absolutely wonderful when this happened while my sister and I were on a cruise. She received a call from her son informing her that her husband was hospitalized; Delta waived all fees for both of us. Such a blessing.

Delta was absolutely wonderful when this happened while my sister and I were on a cruise. She received a call from her son informing her that her husband was hospitalized; Delta waived all fees for both of us. Such a blessing.

Our experience was also on Delta. I should have mentioned which airline, giving credit for a no hassle change. They simply asked for the names of our infant grandchild and hospital.

United waived all fees and transferred the frequent flyer miles award tickets to my sister, including Polaris business class return. Also gave her Economy Plus going at no charge. Refunded all charges for my husband's ticket. At first, I was told no because the seats I had booked were no longer available at the Saver level but then I reminded the agent that I had just lost my husband and I was calling on my birthday. She found a more sympathetic supervisor to approve everything.

Mary

Good news all around. Yes, it's nice to find compassionate people EVEN in business!

Have a good trip ... It probably won't be easy, but you'll have your sister with you which certainly should help.

Mura