Note To RCL

JamesEM

I've been having the same issues all week. I can log into my account but not the cruise planner.

I just tried to get in with firefox but got this:

The owner of www.royalcaribbean.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

I still cannot log in using Windows 10/Edge, but was able to get to Cruise Planner using Firefox a few minutes ago.

I have given up. Haven't been able to get into my crown and anchor stuff for months. I called and the rep tried to help over the phone. The IT dept was supposed to call me. Nope never happened. I never check my cruises. Too scared it will mess something up. I can however buy things under the cruise planner and can do my on line check in just fine.

Funny I don't have trouble with any other site I try to get into. Royals IT is just awful. Probably now a hundred times I have tried to check a price or a cruise and I can't get in. If I was a new customer I'd just go somewhere else.

Sigh.

RCL's website has sucked for years, don't get your hopes up.

It is just silly how they can't seem to get a decent site going in today's world. They can build and run some of the most complicated vessels on the planet, but a website is simply too much for them.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, James,

How are things?

I also have issues with accessing the web page, whether using Firefox or Chrome. I can get up to certain point in doing a mock cruise reservation and then after that, all I see is a blank page.

Whatever, that’s not a big deal as I can use a third party web site to access the mock reservation.

Being we’re both finance guys, we can look at the positive side of unable to access the Royal web page. Given that the prices of the cabins are based on supply and demand, if majority of the people cannot access the Royal site to book their cruises, they will give up and book with another cruise line.

Thus the best scenario is if the >90% of the potential cruisers can’t book with Royal the next few months on all their sites worldwide, the demand will plummet and Royal will have no choice but to drastically lower their prices in order to fill the berths. Maybe you can then swoop in and get a suite for $100/day for your next several cruises…

So maybe it’s not a bad thing if Royal has non-working web sites for new bookings the next few months and we hope things get worse (much worse)…;p

harryfat1: Thanks for asking, all is going well, had a great family cruise on the Allure this past May celebrating my birthday, currently working on booking a Fall cruise on the Harmony before tax season gets going (private practice). I have given up on the web site and now working directly with a RCL Cruise Planner, looking forward to your next cruise review.

James,

I have also given up trying to look for Royal cruises. For months now, I can't get to actual pricing---always get a blank page or the error 400 message. Very annoying.

I have Allure and Harmony booked, after that it might be time for Disney as my kids are getting to that age.

Good bye for now Royal website, hope you're working in 4-6 years.

I work in the technology area, and find it interesting how their website could be so buggy for so long! For the past few years, it's rode the rollercoaster of bad-> really bad-> bad-> really bad... I've tried a variety of browsers, and nothing consistently works. Hopefully they eventually hire some good web developers?