Sail away on Oasis

Hello, I have heard a mixed bag on this. I have never done the sail away party and I thought it sounded like fun. Has anyone done it on Oasis and is it worth going to?

Thanks and have a great day

They may have a couple. This is a picture of the one in aqua theatre

Not very well attended

1438094975442.jpg.e20eda1dd599fbe8ced21419d433cb16.jpg

I pictured it very differently. I thought it would be a free flowing sail away with music and maybe the characters from dream works. Not a "Show":confused:

DreamWorks characters end up on the stage at some time. It is listed as Sail Away party with DreamWorks Family in the compass. No other party mentioned

DreamWorks characters end up on the stage at some time. It is listed as Sail Away party with DreamWorks Family in the compass. No other party mentioned

Was going to ask if the OP meant the DreamWorks thing but guess you answered the question. I'm surprised it's not well attended. Sounds like a fun way to start a cruise.

I assumed it was a deck part with music and dancing like the other lines I've been on

I acutally prefer that, and that is how it is on mnay ships, but as John says above, the ships with the Dreamworks characters have more of a show than a party IMO. To me its just another show and I don't want to be sitting down at that point.

Edited by BillOh

Was going to ask if the OP meant the DreamWorks thing but guess you answered the question. I'm surprised it's not well attended. Sounds like a fun way to start a cruise.

My philosophy about things on the Oasis class is that the things that don't interest me make the things I'm interested in less crowded. I have to admit not knowing if there is a secondary sailaway party on the pool deck of the Oasis class as I've been standing on the bridge wing as we left Port Everglades. However on Freedom the Dreamworks party is on the main pool deck and I found it was just another show, no people dancing (passengers anyway) I preferred the sailaway part I had on her in 2008.

There is a sail away party with band in the Main pool area.

Didn't go up there, we had our own sail away on one of those new deck 12 aft GS's. But like I said, no mention of any other activity in the Compass

1438103695370.jpg.840be136de09bd842cdbf51e503d7efb.jpg

For the Aqua Theater SailAway event, I've thought it would be really cool if the wind screens behind the diving platforms were lowered for a better view!!!

Better yet - if they could fold down the giant video screens.

WoW! How that would open things up in order to watch the shoreline slip from view.......

For the Aqua Theater SailAway event, I've thought it would be really cool if the wind screens behind the diving platforms were lowered for a better view!!!

Better yet - if they could fold down the giant video screens.

WoW! How that would open things up in order to watch the shoreline slip from view.......

Like this. :D

1438105492492.jpg.4ce39cf1bf88558eda047afe5ca1ba4f.jpg

There is a sail away party with band in the Main pool area.

Okay now this seems more like what we were hoping for. So the official sail away show is a literal "sit down show"??

I just wanted a cocktail, some music and a hug from King Julian wouldn't hurt either.:D:D:D

I guess I will head to the main pool deck...see you there NC teacher!:D

Okay now this seems more like what we were hoping for. So the official sail away show is a literal "sit down show"??

I just wanted a cocktail, some music and a hug from King Julian wouldn't hurt either.:D:D:D

Yes, deck 15! I was there last week!

[emoji106]

Hi Allensfan,

We were suite guests on the Allure of the Seas in 2012 during Hurricane Sandy and we had our sail away party on the bow of the ship leaving Cozemel was supposed to do it in Labadee. 2013 we were suite guests on the Oasis of the Seas and we asked about the sail away party and we were told we had to be Platinum Class to do a sail away on the bow of the ship. Going back to the Oasis in September and hope to do a sail away on the bow again.

Wendy

Hello, I have heard a mixed bag on this. I have never done the sail away party and I thought it sounded like fun. Has anyone done it on Oasis and is it worth going to?

Thanks and have a great day

We watched the Oasis sailaway from our balcony and it looked like this: We did not see many people get up to dance, as the Aquatheater is not a practical place for dancing, considering the seating. They had a fountain show before the dancing and Dreamworks Characters:

DSCN9645_zpst6uzyiyh.jpeg

DSCN9651_zps4g5mxeym.jpeg

As for Freedom: I guess it depends on the make up of the guests at the party... there was plenty of fun dancing last year on our December cruise. It just took a couple of enthusiastic passengers to get everyone going. :D The Dreamworks Characters were on the stage between the two pools and the dances were fun and easy to follow.

Hi Allensfan,

We were suite guests on the Allure of the Seas in 2012 during Hurricane Sandy and we had our sail away party on the bow of the ship leaving Cozemel was supposed to do it in Labadee. 2013 we were suite guests on the Oasis of the Seas and we asked about the sail away party and we were told we had to be Platinum Class to do a sail away on the bow of the ship. Going back to the Oasis in September and hope to do a sail away on the bow again.

Wendy

Hi Wendy, Just to let you know: the helipad sailaway was only for platinum and up on our June cruise also. In case you do not get to do that, a great alternative is the sun deck. You enter it from deck 14 port side. (There is not a door to the sun deck from the starboard side.):

DSCN1835_zpsdu18z6ko.jpeg

I only have a night picture of the view, as my camera's battery died when I was there in the day...

DSCN1800_zpsep9ue6dx.jpeg

Hi APDMOM,

Thanks, we are above Platinum class now so I am hoping we can get on the Helipad for a sail away.

Wendy

Hi Wendy, Just to let you know: the helipad sailaway was only for platinum and up on our June cruise also. In case you do not get to do that, a great alternative is the sun deck. You enter it from deck 14 port side. (There is not a door to the sun deck from the starboard side.):

DSCN1835_zpsdu18z6ko.jpeg

I only have a night picture of the view, as my camera's battery died when I was there in the day...

DSCN1800_zpsep9ue6dx.jpeg

Hi APDMOM,

Thanks, we are above Platinum class now so I am hoping we can get on the Helipad for a sail away.

Wendy

Great! Enjoy! The helipad sailaway was from Labadee on our cruise also. Just be sure to look for your card with list of events and check the stateroom TV e-mail. They do not send a separate invitation. The events card will be in your stateroom upon arrival. The e-mail gives you details of when and where to meet:

P1060007_zpsajrkwk6m.jpeg