Itinerary Recommendations-Adventure of the Seas

The itinerary options for the Adventure of the Seas we are looking into booking has 2 choices at the time that we're going to cruise (May or June 2016):

San Juan

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

San Juan

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Curacao

Aruba

We're leaning towards the first itinerary because it has one more port (my DH would much rather explore a new port than be on the ship), but I wanted to see what you RCI veterans would suggest? We've been to St. Maarten and St. Thomas before, and like them equally as much so that isn't a problem. Also, this will be our 5 year old DD's first cruise. (She doesn't care where we go, just wants to go on the "big boat" :) ) I am super excited for her to enjoy Adventure Ocean like I did when I was little!!

Which one would you recommend?

Edited by travitay

I am going on #2 in October. We have done # 1 also except we went to St. Croix instead of St. Kitts. We had a good time on #1 but it is intense with all the ports and 1 sea day. Really looking forward to # 2 in October as we have heard some many good things about those ports and like Bob we are looking forward to the extra sea day this time! I don't thing you can go wrong with either choice! :cool:

Edited by bigque

I had to choose between these same 2 routes for my cruise coming up this weekend and I chose #1. My reason was because I like to visit new places and route #1 gave me more Islands to visit. Next time I will do route #2 because aruba and curaçao are great scuba diving (or snorkeling) islands and because I've never been to those islands either, so Ill always pick the route with the most islands I've never visited. I think both routes are awesome, so depending on the price, and which week you'd prefer to sail, and which has more islands you haven't visited, that's the one I'd choose.

I am going on #2 in October. We have done # 1 also except we went to St. Croix instead of St. Kitts. We had a good time on #1 but it is intense with all the ports and 1 sea day. Really looking forward to # 2 in October as we have heard some many good things about those ports and like Bob we are looking forward to the extra sea day this time! I don't thing you can go wrong with either choice! :cool:

So many ports with my 5 yr old is one of the only things i'm concerned about. Are the ports in #1 worth visiting? any I wouldn't want to miss?

We like #2 because of one extra sea day and also because it goes to Curacao and Aruba which we enjoy.

Are Curacao and Aruba better ports vs #1? If they are worth it I would definitely sacrifice the extra port day! I don't know much about either of them, someone said they are good scuba locations?

Are Curacao and Aruba better ports vs #1? If they are worth it I would definitely sacrifice the extra port day! I don't know much about either of them, someone said they are good scuba locations?

I don't know about scuba, but they are both good snorkel locations.

We're doing #1 in three weeks. We chose it over the other simply because of price.

We've been to all the ports except St Lucia. We're currently planning on staying on the ship on the Antigua stop. We had a great day at our stop there in 2012, but just think we would prefer an extra "sea day".

So many ports with my 5 yr old is one of the only things i'm concerned about. Are the ports in #1 worth visiting? any I wouldn't want to miss?

Each were good but my 2 favorites on that route were St. Maarten and St. Lucia. :cool:

Trust me I would love it! If only it was BOGO free!! :)

My wife and I couldn't decide for our 10th anniversary cruise so we're doing them b2b next September!

It actually saved us money from our original booking of a 10 day Celebrity cruise so it was a double bonus ;)

ColoradoGurl --we will be getting on when you are getting off :D I am on the Aruba route 8/8. I looked at all 3 routes and I have been to aruba several times and loved it; But I have never been to St. Kitts or Curacao, plus the extra sea day sold it for me.

I'm doing route #2 in September and did route #1 in 2013 on the Jewel (instead of St Kitts, we stopped at St Croix)

I think I'm going to prefer this route for the extra sea day. Although on my Jewel cruise, I got back to the ship fairly early each port, I felt like it was rushed and the one sea day was the last day on the ship so it was mostly tying up loose ends and packing. I probably would do route #1 again in the future but would not do excursions for a couple of the ports (ie St Lucia and Barbados).

Whichever you choose, it will be a cruise, so enjoy! :D

Edited by Virtopia

ColoradoGurl --we will be getting on when you are getting off :D I am on the Aruba route 8/8. I looked at all 3 routes and I have been to aruba several times and loved it; But I have never been to St. Kitts or Curacao, plus the extra sea day sold it for me.

We almost chose that route this time around as well :) I plan to book a cruise on board and one of them will be the aruba route for 2017! I'm beyond excited right now, I can hardly stand to wait another day.

There was a warning last week for a volcano called "kick em jenny" that is under the water off the coast of Grenada and I was worried it would erupt or kick up a lot of debris onto the beaches, but the threat went down from Orange to yellow and it seems to be inactive now so we should be safe :)

We would choose itinerary 2 because we like Aruba and Curacao very much.

There is so much to do on each island. Palm Beach on Aruba is beautiful and

Willemstad in Curacao is a great walking town.

As to itinerary 1, we found St. Lucia to be a place where a good excursion is important due to the narrow winding roads.