Minisuite on Solstice?

chabre

There are no mini suites on Celebrity's ships. Moving up from a veranda is Concierge Class then Aqua Class, both are regular veranda cabins with a few amenities thrown in, such as Blu dining room fro Aqua Class and lunch in the MDR on embarkation day for Concierge Class. On the Millennium Class ships CC cabins are a bit bigger than regular verandas.

Suites start at Sky Suites, SS2 then SS1. They are just one room but bigger than verandas and come with a butler, Luminae as the dining room, and Michaels Club as a private lounge. To get a 2 room suite you need to book a Celebrity Suite or larger.

There are no mini suites on Celebrity's ships. Moving up from a veranda is Concierge Class then Aqua Class, both are regular veranda cabins with a few amenities thrown in, such as Blu dining room fro Aqua Class and lunch in the MDR on embarkation day for Concierge Class. On the Millennium Class ships CC cabins are a bit bigger than regular verandas.

Suites start at Sky Suites, SS2 then SS1. They are just one room but bigger than verandas and come with a butler, Luminae as the dining room, and Michaels Club as a private lounge. To get a 2 room suite you need to book a Celebrity Suite or larger.

Thanks for that.

I always cruise on balcony/veranda, but this time I am considering something a little bit larger because we are cruising three adults... So the concierge and aqua being the same size, I wouldn't consider them.

I am looking for something a bit larger, not the suite perks, but I need to make some numbers and maybe I can splurge for the Sky Suite. If not, maybe a Princess mini suite.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that.

I always cruise on balcony/veranda, but this time I am considering something a little bit larger because we are cruising three adults... So the concierge and aqua being the same size, I wouldn't consider them.

I am looking for something a bit larger, not the suite perks, but I need to make some numbers and maybe I can splurge for the Sky Suite. If not, maybe a Princess mini suite.

Thanks again.

I can't speak to their comparative size but--if I remember cabin categories on Princess correctly--standard balcony cabins on Princess lack a love seat [standard in Celebrity balcony cabins; in some cabins they are convertible to a sofa bed] that comes with a Princess mini-suite...

If three of you are traveling in a single stateroom, be aware that Celebity's Aqua Class cabins--no different than other balcony cabins on Solstice Class--are limited to double occupancy...

If you are travelling as three adults and want some degree of privacy then this really starts at a Celebrity Suite and above...

Celebrity suite consists of a bed room and a separate living room with sofa bed and 'Jack and Jill' bathroom. Not really any more perks than Sky Suites.

Royal Suites have a living room with sofa bed and toilet and sink, bed room with full bath and separate shower en suite. Also significantly more living space, also lots more perks but at a cost....When we travel with our adult son this is our room of choice. We do make the most of the unlimited speciality dining, premium drinks package, suite bar set up, laundry....take these costs into account when you price rooms.

An alternative for you could be a RC ship where Grand Suites or Owners Suites offer that additional space and a curtain which gives some privacy.

Whilst Sky Suites don't offer that much privacy for a third occupant the SS1s have a great wake view! Never experienced this room but worth you looking into! The suite perks of Luminae and Michael's Club are well worth considering.....may be worth your while to do lots of homework before booking anything!

We've sailed quite a few times in mini suites on Princess and have really found that the regular balcony cabins on Celebrity are laid out nearly as well. Someone even posted a great idea on these threads ... if you'd like to go that direction. She takes a few large hooks that are magnetic and a opaque shower curtain with her. I suppose the same could be done with large magnetic clips and a sheet. She mentioned that she hangs the clips / hooks off the ceiling and then places the shower curtain to make a quasi room separator. Bravo for her ... good idea if you want that extra bit of privacy.

That may not even interest you but if you are set on traveling on Celebrity, that might be an affordable option.

Though they're not called mini suites, the Sky Suites kind of are that. We have sailed in the S1 (corner aft) sky suites many times. There is extra room which is great. Third person would have the pull out couch. We love Luminae which is a lot better than the main dining room, and there's the private suite lounge Michael's club. If it's in your budget, go for it. Same size rooms but less $ and port or starboard locations would be S2. Same amenities, just not corner aft.