Platinum Laundry Question

elklemi

We did a B2B on Magic last month, sent laundry out five times and got it back in the evening, though I think our steward just waited to put it in the room then. Never paid for same day service, just gave it to him first thing as we headed out for breakfast. Loved that perk as it was our first time as platinum and we were there for 15 days.

Was very surprised when laundry was back in the evening. Did not check same day. Love the free laundry perk. Have 21 days coming up on Pride, and as we travel with carryon only, looking forward to sending out laundry. EM

Same day service shows 50% surcharge for laundry, do they charge this extra if a platinum member checks this option?

If you make sure you give your bag of laundry to your cabin steward in the morning, you should get it back by that evening, and there is no charge for that same-day service for platinum members.

Thank you for all the replies, I was on Sunshine week after Thanksgiving for first time as platinum and sent laundry twice and it came back next day, saw on the slip you could check same day service but it showed 50% surcharge and wondered if that was passed on to platinum.

First day we talk to steward and ask if he wants us to tell him about laundry a day ahead of time or just leave bag and slip on the bed.

He tells us his preference and we have always gotten laundry back same day. Usually in our cabin when we come back after dinner/night out.

Just off the Vista on 11/27, never got laundry back same day, which was unusual for us. In fact one bag did not come back but when I notified Cabin Steward, it was in the laundry for pick up. Even though it was not same day, I consider laundry the #1 best perk for Platinum!

I think it depends on what time the steward gets the laundry. If you are near the end of his cleaning and the bag is on the bed, it might not get back until the next day.

If you are one of the first cabins cleaned, with the bag(s) on the bed, it's more likely it will be back the same day. I always plan it won't be back until the next day, and if it comes back the same day, it's a bonus.

I got mine back the next day both times I sent it out last cruise.

In fact, on the cruise before that, we got it back the next day. One time, we had to go to guest services and ask because it had been two days. We didn't get it back to the day after that. Don't know what happened there.

Come to think of it, I think I only had it back the same day on one cruise.

I don't send many things anyway, I'm afraid of shrinking and fading. They use HOT water and HOT dryer.

Just off the Vista on 11/27, never got laundry back same day, which was unusual for us. In fact one bag did not come back but when I notified Cabin Steward, it was in the laundry for pick up. Even though it was not same day, I consider laundry the #1 best perk for Platinum!

All depends on what time it was delivered to the laundry and how many are using it.

It's been a year since we cruise Carnival. But have used the laundry since becoming Platinum. I think we have always gotten our laundry same day with out a extra charge. But I think I may have put it in early enough not to be a big deal.

Although I'm guessing if its an important item to be wash and it's put in late then I would think a charge would be involved. That's if you want it back that night. Never had this problem.

I like the fact that we get free laundry service, however, I don't like the fact that the clothes come back very stiff and non-smelling clean. We do use the service and have always gotten our clothes back the same day and without paying anything extra for this service.