Carnival Changes

lyfecruiser

Princess does that as well as making you bring & practice putting on your life jacket. Has Carnival gone back to that? I don't particularly like it, but I can see how that would be important.

No life jackets. Celebrity also has muster stations indoors and scans your cards too. Only our first Celebrity cruise did we need to bring our life jackets. Haven't had to do that on Carnival in years. From what I understand it's more of a hazard with the dragging strings and all.

Putting on a lifejacket is pretty easy and they still demonstrate it. If someone needs practice, they can watch the video on their TV and try one on in their cabin.

and just off the Vista last week. the way they do it is scan the bar code at the bottom of everyone's sail and sign card as you enter the muster area. They know to go looking for you if you do not show....:)

They did that on Valor Thursday too. Seems like muster was quicker this time than it was on Conquest in July.

sent from my galaxy tab a

Just got back last month from ncl escape.

All musters were done indoors in large public places. Granted, it was raining at departure but I loved seeing safety talk while seated in theater.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Depends on the class of ship. Think it's Coast Guard (or other governing body) that determines muster locations.

Putting on a lifejacket is pretty easy and they still demonstrate it. If someone needs practice, they can watch the video on their TV and try one on in their cabin.

Frequent passengers, even in planes, are not keen anymore in watching the demo. I guess it's human nature not to be interested until it is needed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Frequent passengers, even in planes, are not keen anymore in watching the demo. I guess it's human nature not to be interested until it is needed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

No, I think it's that enough of us travel that some of us could recite the safety briefings and could tell you if they missed anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

and just off the Vista last week. the way they do it is scan the bar code at the bottom of everyone's sail and sign card as you enter the muster area. They know to go looking for you if you do not show....:)

As they should. On NCL anyone who misses muster has to attend a "special" muster drill the next day! (they scan everyone's card)

Just got off the Vista yesterday and they only had to scan one sail and sign card per stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

???? CCL changed the scanning process from one week to the next? Makes no sense to me to scan only one card per stateroom. Then the others in the stateroom don't have to show? Hmmmm....

Just off the Dream and no scanning of cards but you do meet in assigened areas such as lounges and dining rooms for Muster. Much nicer then outside and it went much quicker then previous ones. It would have gone quicker if people would put their phones away when they came in and would just sit quietly till its over. Security had to tell the couple who sat next to us to put up the phone and the young lady just snarled at him. I thought it would have been great to see that officer take the phone from her and jump up and down on it. But alas that is just a dream.

Depends on the class of ship. Think it's Coast Guard (or other governing body) that determines muster locations.

I believe determining the muster stations is up to the line. It makes perfect sense to muster in an area away from the lifeboats because 1) some life boats may not be available and 2) mustering doesn't always occur when the life boats need to be used.

On Fascination we mustered in one of the lounges and after the briefing we were taken up to the life boats, which I thought was a good touch.

Princess does that as well as making you bring & practice putting on your life jacket. Has Carnival gone back to that? I don't particularly like it, but I can see how that would be important.

It doesn't really add much since come the event there would be plenty of time to figure out how to put them on. There would be less time to don a life jacket in an emergency on the plane and I've never practiced that (well, except when I was aircrew in the Navy).

Wonder why it goes faster scanning cards? We have a scanner that scans id's at work and sometimes the scanner takes longer than just looking at the card.

Anyone been on the Breeze recently that knows about the muster drill?

Wonder why it goes faster scanning cards? We have a scanner that scans id's at work and sometimes the scanner takes longer than just looking at the card.

Anyone been on the Breeze recently that knows about the muster drill?

Probably because when they didn't scan the cards, they had to stand there and count with a little clicker thing while everyone was lined up. And they did it multiple times on more than one occasion. I don't see how that was accurate, but that's what they did. Plus this way they can hold people accountable. Just looking at a card doesn't give an accurate count of anything.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Probably because when they didn't scan the cards, they had to stand there and count with a little clicker thing while everyone was lined up. And they did it multiple times on more than one occasion. I don't see how that was accurate, but that's what they did. Plus this way they can hold people accountable. Just looking at a card doesn't give an accurate count of anything.

I bet you are right. I also think that once this is routine across the line, we won't have to wait for people who feel they are the exception to the muster. You can run, but you can't hide when they are keeping track of people ;)